[DEV] Dungeon Finder

Lotof good informations i hope i will emulate this as close has possible.

Next soon.

Thank you all.

Edit.

I should probably clarify that the Dungeon Group is a special sort of party a player joins when using the DF. A Dungeon Group supersedes all other party groups. It is possible to be in a party with one or more players while also being in a Dungeon Group just as it is possible for someone in your party to join a Dungeon Group while you continued to adventure or quest in the world. This prevented the Dungeon Finder from disrupting adventuring parties. Upon leaving a dungeon, the player is dropped from the Dungeon Group, but not his party he was in before joining the queue. It works the same for Battlegrounds and Raids. However, if your Party Leader joins a dungeon queue, all other party members are automatically presented with a Role Check. You can choose a role and join the queue with your party or refuse the Role Check and remain in the world to adventure. Parties entering the DF will remain together, with empty roles filled by other players in the DF.

This part that I did not know, seems very difficult to achieve with my current implementation. A new class "group" should be created/derived to make it possible. This profoundly changes the patch and forces me to rewrite a lot of thing...

So iam trying to get correct way to create lfg group before continuing the rest.

Edit 2

Ok i think the best for me for now is to stuck with theses implementation:

- when player is in group and he is not the leader the join lfg queue is disabled for him. (only leader can join lfg queue)

- when player is in lfg queue and accept group invit, he will be removed from current queue.

Is it real issue? (not have 2 group for one player at same time)

Edit 3

After some new research i found that BG system is similar, so iam wrong.

I need more investigation to understaind BG system in order to use same mechanism to teleport/create instance and group.

This step will get this part of LFG at least have same stability of actual BG way. (and probably save me to write any redundant code)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm, i'm playing in offcial, i can say, lfd tool teleports back to instance start (as dungeons) if player is not in combat.

only not tested, does teleport back works, when players in instance are in combat (playing tank role atm only).

talking about queue - non leader member also can make queue.

sorry for bad english

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question. First of all, great work of LFG, congraluations for this ^^

The question is: the random heroic dairly (2 frosts) of LK, only works with some instances like Utgarde Keep, Gundrak, etc, but doesn't work with TOC5, the nexus, and more. Maybe is caused by LFG doesn't detect that these instances are "DONE". How I can set up the LFG for random heroic dairly works in these instances? Is caused by the LFG or the instance scripts? LFG have one conf line for fix that?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

dungeons in the dungeon finder can be skipped by changing the leader and then join again.

tip: make sure this is not possible as with using this 'feature' the goal of the random dungeon finder is gone, namely playing different dungeons every time. People now can still choose which dungeon they play and still get the bonus of 2 eof (or 2 eot if the used the rdf already that day).

I do not see any reason to develop a cyberium version - it is still based on the TC code (~50%), this dead-end direction. reply to angeleyes was due to the fact that he published here my implementation bugs (there are many, although for the most part already polished implementation.)

• 3 weeks later...

Many developers are MIA due to the holidays. Wait for the New Year's hangovers to fade and students to settle back into classes, then we ought to see the coders trickle back in to resume work.

cyberium has been scarce for a while now, due to heavy demands on his time with other things, but don't give up on him yet.

It would be nice if others did step in to help out. There is no rule that says you can't finish this project yourself, if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah iam sorry for that. Time is my first enemy now.

But like UnkleNuke say don't wait continue it or best make your version!

Im not sure to continue that. Only thing i can say, I LIKE MaNGOS code!!! ( I wish I could say the same about the team )

Oh come on! Don't be like that. We don't care about what these people think about you and your work.

Just keep up the good work and make it to somewhere. Even a testing release with working interface can be helpful.

Ignore them, OK? :P

Some of the core devs can be a bit tough on contributed code and rough with its developers. I know there's been several patch creators who became discouraged and gave up or simply declared war on MaNGOS as a whole because of the battles they had with the core dev team.

Programmers can be a brittle and touchy bunch. For some, vanity and ego seem to exist in proportion as a square of their skills.

The MaNGOS team has strict standards and they do enforce them quite harshly, at times. However, they have their reasons and have been at this for a number of years. Who knows what experiences they've had that has lead them to be so demanding? Rejecting your code can feel like a personal attack, since that code is a labor given of yourself over many days or weeks of hard work.

When working upon code to be included into the core, try to remember it must meet the MaNGOS standards, not just your own. It is difficult to set aside ego in such an endeavor, but that is how it goes when you must operate by someone else's rules. If you're at work and the boss tells you it must be done a certain way, then that is how you do it. Otherwise, you would lose your job rather quickly if you argued with your employer that your way is better and he can go stuff it.

Not knowing how things work behind the scenes, I can't comment on why things can be so hard when contributing patches, but it helps to keep in mind that you're really creating this code for two reasons... the satisfaction one feels in accomplishing a challenge and the hundreds of ordinary server admins that happily cheer whenever someone enables a missing feature in their game world.

Yes, the core devs can be a major hurdle when you wish to have your code added into the core, but there is nothing to stop anyone from adopting a patch, whether or not it has passed inspection by the core team.

That said, let's keep in mind that those who have the skills should work with and help cyberium to finally make LFG a fully workable addition to MaNGOS. :)

cyberium easy there my friend....

I don't know what's the deal between u and devs...but as u pointed out... MaNGOS is the project that unite us...keep that in mind... I replied to your thread to see that u are not alone in here...

We are counting on you... and like me...there are hundreds of ppl out there clicking this thread everyday to see an update and if there is none, wait in patience until cyberium offers them a little smile on their faces....

as unclenuke said...u don't just achive of implementing a feature, u also strive in ppl's heart with great joy and that my friend is what makes a good coder different from a casual one.

Ty for all your work and get your but on that chair and write for us all for mangos that patch. We are here so the project is not dead until none of us will stand.

I am looking to wait with unlimited pleasure for your patch...

Respect