[DEV] Dungeon Finder

What about CREATURE_FLAG_EXTRA_INSTANCE_BIND in creature template, flag _extra ?

It was my first idea has you can see above.

Cons : I don't know all the implication off this flag nor if all the boss have it. It's olso possible some none boss creature have it or GO or QuestItem.... So i prefer to not use it.

how about linking them to achievement system?

Achivement system can use Encounters to trigger some achievement. But Encounters have nothing to do with Achievement. Have a complete support of DungeonEncounter can be done but it's not my priority. Has i already say to other one if i want to release one day this code i must make some limit :)

Be free to give your comment on this http://getmangos.eu/community/post/131219/#p131219

• 40 years later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO you should wait to port it to Mangos, more commits will be done soon, some things going to be redone (RewardList is going to be moved to quest system). And, as far as i know there is one Mangos dev working on Dungeon Finder.

This first commit only gives support to see the random dungeons u can do and the ones u can't (and reason).

• 3 weeks later...

Very promising work, well done !

But, I tested it, and it didn't work for me : the interface works very well, but the group maker don't. I put 5 charecters (1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dd) in the queue, but no group has been formed. And the only icon colored in "group composition"is the character's. Hope this can be completed

• 2 months later...
Still WIP, trying to fix deadloops with 1K+ testers and reproduce some minor bugs

did you think that can be a variable in mangosd.conf that exclude some instance from the dungeon finder, at random and specific mode? why? well we all know that some instance like oculus isnt working, or others like HoR, that we can maybe could get under dev status and at some moment cant be playable so we can exclude them from the system.

srry my eng, hope you get my point.

did you think that can be a variable in mangosd.conf that exclude some instance from the dungeon finder, at random and specific mode? why? well we all know that some instance like oculus isnt working, or others like HoR, that we can maybe could get under dev status and at some moment cant be playable so we can exclude them from the system.

I don't use to code for Mangos, so instance disable is something that needs to be adressed if someone is porting my commits to work with mangos. But that's something that have been implemented in the original code

i think, there is avaible to disable it by instance template table, just set min and max level to 81 for temporally (before it, backup table)

Well, one solution would be to script all the instances yourself, like I did. :)

Then you won't need to exclude any of them.

Well, one solution would be to script all the instances yourself, like I did. :)

Then you won't need to exclude any of them.

if retail give access to new instances you can't have them scripted immediately. i mean on github are some nice Branches with good Instance development so you can have very fast some more or less working script for them, but i think it would be nice to exclude some dungeons/instances

https://g-core21.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/g-core21/ contain dungeon finder but need more work for perfect (based on spp work)

require add one field in creature_template for end boss of dungeon.

Some comments about your link:

- You removed header copyrights. Shouldn't as you using other project files (copy and paste)

- Removed all comments (why? to make it harder to understand?)

- Messed up low level rewards by changing LfgRewardEnums

- LfgProposal is not being initilized in the correct order (this is just a warning)

- m_killedBosses can't be used as global, each Dungeon has it's own bosses killed. Can't be used just as int, its flags

- Update has extra not needed calcs before sending QueueStatus

- Removed use of Player::isLfgDungeonDone(uint32 dungeon) to use Player::GetDoneRandomLfg() that returns a variable that is never initialized. A player can do multiple random dungeons in the same day, so you need to check the dungeon or grouptype

- Reward system should be moved to quest system so u can forget about that.

- Doing restriction checks outside the function that returns all the rescrictions (moved from the correct place)

So, the only addition i see is the use of spell 72221 and rewards (haven't checked how you handle giving the reward when a boss is killed, only lfg files) but imo that way to give rewards is hacky, i haven't added rewards system yet on purpose as i'm trying to fix some other problems first and don't wanna add a way to get money/xp/currencies till all works properly.

Note: after checking the repo i don't even see any reference to any other project that yours. Neither in commit msgs or code files.