[DEV] Dungeon Finder

it's funny that there is taken care of copyright notes in a project that mainly tries to reprogram features from blizzard...

Besides copy-right "wars" are always a bit strange, as we all stand on the shoulders of work done by others - and especially in such a dynamic environment with many different projects, who can you tell is the remaining author?

* the one who wrote original ideas?

* the one with first partly working version?

* the one who read these things, and rewrote them?

* the one who copied these things and changed small things? (and even if it was white-space)

* the one who ported something from one project to another?

What I am saying is: It is so often impossible to give correct credits, so we all will have to live with it, and accept, that the "credits" are more or less a hint who might have done extremely much towards this patch

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Schmoozerd y always give credit to the original patch, sometimes i can be wrong because the one who gave the patch wasn't the original coder. If i think someone is just pushing a patch trying to credit for himself i use to get some feedback.

And... that credit thing in my last post was about someone comming here to give a link on 3rd party project that is not Mangos project nor giving a Mangos port patch. Also my personal review on the code modifications are mainly negative (i could be wrong...) Did i gave a link to my work in trinity? No. This is Mangos and we are talking about status of Dungeon Finder and possibility to port it to Mangos (No 3rd party works, just working mangos patches)

I'm not against people modifying 3rd party code, if you know how to improve it, go for it.

I don't know this "g-core21" project, but I guess it's not a very big project, is it?

Anyway, Spp, I'm sure if MaNGOS dev decide to port some of your work to MaNGOS they'll give appropriate credits...

Btw, is there any chance people around the world get together one day ?

"War is the result of failure" !

# It's based on ManGOS Project but some files modified and some function recode for make a newest program

visible here .

https://g-core21.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/g-core21/README

Authors of Gcore

Glaciusane => management, development, administrator.

MangosTeam => original project based on their work.

Scriptdev2 => Some scripts based on their work.

visible here

https://g-core21.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/g-core21/AUTHORS

and glaciusane its me!

'Cause you look more like a super genius if you have your own core with its own name :)

I think it was good to mention the copyrights issue and al that's around it but now I think that focusing on the main thread subject will be more constructive.

Please good forward guys, this is not a forum where it is good to flame ;)

Well i think everyone has his own git repo just because they think that having it private it will improve his/her server better and has different things from the others,anyways if all of us would focus on the mangos project and mangos repo i think mangos would've been almost as blizzard's server , just because there are hundres of devs out there making they're own fixes and stuff,i think that is why evolution is so slow moving , we need to work togheter.

I think it was good to mention the copyrights issue and al that's around it but now I think that focusing on the main thread subject will be more constructive.

Please good forward guys, this is not a forum where it is good to flame ;)

Sure. It's just that sometimes we need to say what we think (even if it's not in the right place)...

But yeah let's talk about dungeon finder :)

• 1 month later...

After looking into the code, i think better is to start from zero and implement one thing at time.

The code are too much specifity. Anyway the way is implemented can be ported using mangos method.

Unfortunaly the i didn't know all the mecanism of MaNGOS code so i probably do lot of error.

I'll start this project only if another developer start it with me. (same repo)

We will this manner have more chance to do it in raisonable time. (has the hard part of the work already done by Trynity team)

Contact me if you are interested and have some time do it (at least 2 week)

Greeting

Ok, has i see there is too much develloper interested to implement this for me so i choosed to try lonely :)

Here is the first try for [10654]

It's completly new copied and modified by me from trinity source (i hope i will not be flamed by doing this)

It's the first runnable patch but still not stable. I have some difficulty to test it (must have at least 5 wow running) so if any constructive feedback for this it will help me.

I realize i didn't know anything about this feature (it was not exist when i was playing wow). I olso didn't understaind the functionality (and the assosiated code) for "boots kick"?? It's voting way to kick member in the queue?

Please has usualy at this stage don't complain about the stability because i know is not stable...

ps: i didn't take time to update make file for linux...

ps2: You have to install the sql file added to make it work.

Thanks for working on this, cyberium. :)

If you put as much thought and quality coding into this as you have done with AHBot, then I have every confidence you'll have another winner with this Dungeon Finder port.

I wish I had more play-testers to give you feedback, but it's just me these days. My nephews and their buddies are at the age where other distractions take up their time, such as girls and "Halo: Reach". lol

Iam not at the stage to write alone a patch who interact deeply with lot of undocumented method, class and opcode...

That's why i asked for help in some post above :).

But iam not bad at hacking existing code and correct bug one after one. Just to make some avancement in this code.

When it will be at final stage it will be the time to rewrite if any.

Greetings.

Ps: New patch version correct bug when character logoff while in the LFG queue

Bug

- when the group is formed the proposal windows does'nt disapear.

- There the leader of the group see is name as unknow (and all the members)

Cyberium, check Trinity core again. Interaction between core and LFGMgr is done using ScriptMgr. We have Hooks in Player/Group classes, so i've moved code from those classes to a script (/scripts/world/dungeon_finder.cpp). As Mangos don't have those hooks just replace those calls with direct calls to script file functions or just move those functions from scriptfile to LFGMgr.cpp

I'm in the process to move all LFG data from Player / Group to LfgData Struct inside LFGMgr.cpp. The idea is to try to keep the maximum LFG code inside that file (+ LFGHandler) and modify the minimum parts of core.

AccessRequeriment table is an evolution of AreaTrigger table, so you can just readapt the code to use AreaTrigger table. My idea (before we moved to AccessRequeriment) was to update id's to id of LFGDungeons.dbc, and just use new values for the existing areatriggers that are not used with LFG (2nd doors/exits of dungeons existing in that table)

Boots = Kicks. When you are in a LFG group anyone can propose to kick someone and a vote is init. Uninvite option is replaced with a Init vote boot.

In order to get rewards you also have to check Achievement and Quest system, as there are modifications done to fit DF.

Any doubt you have porting DF to Mangos feel free to ask me :)

You say so much in one post that will need one week to verify all point :)

The first point is one of the most important i am investigating now.

Thank you for your collaboration i will sure have some question :)

Edit: ok i see you modified the way you interact with group/class by adding script (i downloaded the source before that)

So for know il will continue with debug session before port your new improvement. (if you can confirm this version work) trinitycore b10240

I think the only error have still in the code is about guid object usage and the way mangos identify group (id instead of guid). I must recheck all the code :/