We need your help

Guest TheLuda

Dear MaNGOS community,

for the first time ever since this project started in 2005, we are not able to cover our monthly hosting costs. While we have had great support by many of our users over the last months and years, this month we are lacking ~ $45 / € 35 to cover our hosting expenses.

Sadly this month I can not pay the missing money from my private account, as the vBulletin 4.0 license pretty much killed my reserves, so I have to ask this great community for help.

If you can spare a little bit, I'd very much appreciate it.

With kind regards,

TheLuda

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uff what will happen if you can't pay?

Will your Root will get canceled?

Bad ... I will donate a little bit.

Come on 40€ is not too much to get!

Other question is, why you guys don't have enough bucks on your bank account to pay these peanuts?

PS:

Use paid advertising, you will get your 50€ per Month.

We also have it and it disturb nobody.

Mfg Novo

Well, I have been paying the parts of hosting not covered by donations ever since 2005, which is quite a sum of money if you add the forum license, and forum license yearly renewal fees.

Other question is, why you guys don't have enough bucks on your bank account to pay these peanuts?

My wife has been in cancer therapy since 2008, so we had only one income instead of two. It's these things that change life sometimes.

BTW: thanks to two kind donations we already have half of it. *bows*

Hi again,

I just wanted to thanks all of you. The hosting bill for this month is paid and I am very, very thankful for everyone that helped and those that expressed their will to help. Great to see such kindness in these days.

Yours truly,

TheLuda *bows*

I've donated little bits and pieces of code and knowledge in the past, but maybe a financial donation is in order this time. I know all too well that the fees that come with hosting and maintaining a project/community like this is can add up very quickly so I've sent $20.00 USD your way, hope this helps with next month's bills.

Thanks for the awesome project/community/learning experience

A donation is not made to have something in return...

Ha good point there, I in fact rather have my "Is it an apple?" rank and blue name rather than just saying "Donator", but maybe some people think of donating like buying stock in a company and they want the Donator status so everyone else knows that they "own" 1/10,000 of the project lol

I for one only donated because I want to see this community continue to thrive, and not go out in a small poof of smoke leaving us with other projects that aren't up to par with the quality of MaNGOS

but maybe some people think of donating like buying stock in a company and they want the Donator status so everyone else knows that they "own" 1/10,000 of the project lol

that's exactly how I feel too ^^ like "oh my god he's a donator, he roxx"

but it is not the subject of the thread!

donate, people!

Primary reason for vBulletin and Invision Power Board (back then) was to have a vendor I could nail in case of issues, and since these forums sometimes have pretty extensive loads, its nicer when you can just call support to fix it.

Over the course of the years ever since we switched from free phpbb (which was there in 2005 for a few months), we have seen a few situations where security fixes and bugs been uncovered and fixed by the vendors for us in a few hours.

Short version: there's constantly someone new trying to hack these forums, and having paid support for that is a Good Thing.

PS:

Use paid advertising, you will get your 50€ per Month.

We also have it and it disturb nobody.

Mfg Novo

It is nice not to have popups when I hover my mouse over words and half naked clad women distracting me while I am trying to get help with my server...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use