[Help] What is best Windows or Linux for a server?

tyrael

I currently own a dual core 2.3 with 4gb and I was wondering at the current state... what would be better for mangos...

what os would get the best from my configuration or from any configuration?

Windows or linux? and if anyone point me to windows, is it ok if I stay with linux or any other version?

respect, tyrael

• 1 month later...

for development purposes i prefer to use windows. however when i go live ( either for open to public or testing phases ) i prefer linux, mainly due to the fact it uses less resources then windows, which in return leaves more resources available to the mangos server

Windows(now based on a part of unix system) = easy instalation but not enough optimize for performance exept Visual studio performance compilation, so for novice , Linux = best performance, more hard installation and support so for expert.

in my opinion its easier to install wow servers via commandline, as long as you run a distro with precompiled packages it takes no even 10 times as long to set up a server on linux, also bash is good for writing backup scripts etc.... so for a redundant and self doing server you should stick with linux (maby BSD)

This is ofc just my personal experience, anyone can have their own troughts about this

- LilleCarl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use