[Wiki] From Nothing To Online Server (mangos Zero) (Windows)

lostone1993

I am stuck on Step 6. I type the command into git bash "mysql_import" and it tells me the database does not exist and it failed to create. This tells me that it is not properly connecting to my database.

I am running Windows Server 2012 and I already have an installation of MySQL Server 5.5 that works with the web sites I have hosted on the same machine. I just don't know what to change in the "mysql_info" file to get it to work.

Edit: I attempted to append to the system path as suggested but this did not work. I appended "c:\\program files\\mysql\\mysql server 5.5\\bin"

Edit 2: Because I am trying to install this on an existing server that is using IIS8 as well as PHP and MySQL, I cannot install XAMPP as the services it comes bundled with would confict with the services i already have installed.

Hey jerbookins, i was stuck at the same step as u.

it seems that the steps in this guide is for an older database.

What i did is to follow the instructions on the file inside the database/README.md.

Just go to \\database\\_tools run: make_full_db.bat

right click on the newly created full_db.sql and use Git Bash to open the cmd window.

(apply created file to mangos database) inside the cmd window run: mysql -u root -p mangos < full_db.sql

I hope this helps.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey jerbookins, i was stuck at the same step as u.

it seems that the steps in this guide is for an older database.

What i did is to follow the instructions on the file inside the database/README.md.

Just go to \\database\\_tools run: make_full_db.bat

right click on the newly created full_db.sql and use Git Bash to open the cmd window.

(apply created file to mangos database) inside the cmd window run: mysql -u root -p mangos < full_db.sql

I hope this helps.

Okay! Well, the database folder, that the guide explains how to download using git, did not contain a folder called "_tools". However, before I found this guide, I downloaded all of the primary files from the getmangos.eu Mangos Zero homepage, and the file "database_master.zip" does contain the folder you're talking about.

I am going to start this process over using the files that I found on the Mangos Zero homepage, instead of using the files that the guide instructs you to download. If you know of a more thorough and updated guide, please let me know. Thank you for replying!

Okay! Well, the database folder, that the guide explains how to download using git, did not contain a folder called "_tools". However, before I found this guide, I downloaded all of the primary files from the getmangos.eu Mangos Zero homepage, and the file "database_master.zip" does contain the folder you're talking about.

I am going to start this process over using the files that I found on the Mangos Zero homepage, instead of using the files that the guide instructs you to download. If you know of a more thorough and updated guide, please let me know. Thank you for replying!

I used all the _master.zip files from getmangos.eu and the direction from this guide on which programs to install and some info on how to build the solutions. everything works... Well as intended :P

I have started over, recompiled and used all of the files from the "*_master.zip" archives.

I am on step 7, trying to extract the vmaps. I executed ad.exe just fine and it's folders and files were created successfully. I compiled the vmapextractor.exe, copied it to the world of warcraft client folder, executed, it ran successfully, but there is no folder called "vmaps" that i am supposed to copy into my "compiled" folder. I only found "Buildings", "dbc", and "maps".

EDIT: I found the vmaps_assembler, compiled it, copied the exe into the warcraft directory, created a .bat file pointing to "vmap_assembler.exe Buildings vmap", recompiled the "Buildings" folder using the "vmapextractor.exe", and then successfully compiled the files into the folder called "vmaps" by executing the .bat file I created.

EDIT2: I learned how to read.

Creating the necessary mysql databases and tables wasn't outlined very clearly but I think I got most of them created.

When i start mangosd.exe, this shows up in the server log:

2013-03-02 14:38:14 MaNGOS Zero/0.12.2 (* * Revision 2288 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon]
2013-03-02 14:38:14 <Ctrl-C> to stop.
2013-03-02 14:38:14 

MM   MM         MM   MM  MMMMM   MMMM   MMMMM
MM   MM         MM   MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM MMM
MMM MMM         MMM  MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM
MM M MM         MMMM MM MMM     MM  MM  MMM
MM M MM  MMMMM  MM MMMM MMM     MM  MM   MMM
MM M MM M   MMM MM  MMM MMMMMMM MM  MM    MMM
MM   MM     MMM MM   MM MM  MMM MM  MM     MMM
MM   MM MMMMMMM MM   MM MMM MMM MM  MM MMM MMM
MM   MM MM  MMM MM   MM  MMMMMM  MMMM   MMMMM
       MM  MMM [url]http://getmangos.eu[/url]
       MMMMMM

2013-03-02 14:38:14 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.
2013-03-02 14:38:14 World Database total connections: 2
2013-03-02 14:38:14 MySQL client library: 5.1.49
2013-03-02 14:38:14 MySQL server ver: 5.5.29 
2013-03-02 14:38:14 Character Database total connections: 2
2013-03-02 14:38:14 Login Database total connections: 2
2013-03-02 14:38:14 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'root,password'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

2013-03-02 14:38:14 ERROR:Cannot connect to login database 127.0.0.1;3306;root,password;realmd

EDIT:

From my mangosd.conf

RealmID = 1
DataDir = "."
LogsDir = ""
LoginDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;root,password;realmd"
WorldDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;password;mangos"
CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;password;characters"
LoginDatabaseConnections = 1
WorldDatabaseConnections = 1
CharacterDatabaseConnections = 1
MaxPingTime = 30
WorldServerPort = 8085
BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

From my realmd.conf

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;password;realmd"
LogsDir = ""
MaxPingTime = 30
RealmServerPort = 3724
BindIP = "0.0.0.0"
PidFile = ""
LogLevel = 0
LogTime = 0
LogFile = "Realmd.log"
LogTimestamp = 0
LogFileLevel = 0
LogColors = ""
UseProcessors = 0
ProcessPriority = 1
WaitAtStartupError = 0
RealmsStateUpdateDelay = 20
WrongPass.MaxCount = 0
WrongPass.BanTime = 600
WrongPass.BanType = 0

and from my scriptdev2.conf

ScriptDev2DatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;password;scriptdev2"

EDIT 3: from mangosd.conf changed comma to a semi-colon. Started up just fine.

WRONG: LoginDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;root,password;realmd"
                                                  ^
RIGHT: LoginDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;password;realmd"

• 4 weeks later...

This installation guide is obsolete since the structure of the files has changed since. A new one needs to be written. The one from P-S is also errorneous due to massive recent changes. Furthermore, a GitHub guide should be written so that people can easilly commit changes to their fork, without having to post code changes in the forum.

First off, thank you for your perserverance and working through this.

Currently we have no wiki writers at all, I have been creating pages for the database structures and client formats as I learn them. I have created over 1300 pages in the last few months !!

the main Wiki is located at github.com/mangoszero/server/wiki

I am also currently totally re-engineering the ad.exe / vmap extractor and vmap assemblers to make them much more user friendly.

- Plus documenting what they actually do since this information has been lost over then years.

Furthermore, a GitHub guide should be written so that people can easily commit changes to their fork, without having to post code changes in the forum.

The procedure for this is simple:-

1) Clone the official repo you want to make changes to.

2) Make the changes to your copy of the repo.

3) Submit a push request.

That's it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use