[Wiki] From Nothing To Online Server (mangos Zero) (Windows)

lostone1993

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Many thanks for the tutorial! I'm trying to get back into MaNGOS and get my old server from last year back up, and more or less giving it a fresh start as much seem to have happened!

Gotten all the way to the actual map extraction part... and end up with:

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

Opening S:\\World of Warcraft/Data/patch.MPQ
Opening S:\\World of Warcraft/Data/patch-2.MPQ
Extracting dbc files...
Extracted 0 DBC files

Extracting maps...
Read Map.dbc file... Fatal error: Invalid Map.dbc file format!

...we are still on the 2.4.3 client right...? :)

The old \\News file showing requested client seem to be gone. There is a readme file mentioning "World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.12", but the mangoszero test site mention 2.4.3, so I'm confused (more then usual). Surely am I not to revert back to client 1.12?!?

Hello!

Many thanks for the tutorial! I'm trying to get back into MaNGOS and get my old server from last year back up, and more or less giving it a fresh start as much seem to have happened!

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

Extracting dbc files...
Extracted 0 DBC files

Extracting maps...

The old \\News file showing requested client seem to be gone. There is a readme file mentioning "World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.12", but the mangoszero test site mention 2.4.3, so I'm confused (more then usual). Surely am I not to revert back to client 1.12?!?

Rumpa = Butt, just to go offtopic a lil. And you must use DBC extractor from mangos repo with correct wow version, AND that y our client isnt broken

Hello!

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

Extracting dbc files...
Extracted 0 DBC files

Extracting maps...

Rumpa = Butt, just to go offtopic a lil. And you must use DBC extractor from mangos repo with correct wow version, AND that y our client isnt broken

Thanks for the reply... and yes, ad.exe is from the last retrieved repo. Client is also working as its fine with the current old MaNGOS installation from last year that I got.

Hello!

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

Extracting dbc files...
Extracted 0 DBC files

Extracting maps...

Thanks for the reply... and yes, ad.exe is from the last retrieved repo. Client is also working as its fine with the current old MaNGOS installation from last year that I got.

Do you have multiple wow clients on your computer? Happened me once that i had to specify correct wow patv, because 243 extractor tried to extract 335 data.. Otherwise im really not sure!:o

<edited>

Hi, I'm a noob and French developper. ^^ (sorry)

I've read and almost understood all this topic.

I have installed a v3.3.5(12340) of Wow and I followed all the steps of this tut.

(The ad.exe didn't work then I Downloaded the official one on github. is this tut for a lower version of Wow ? For my version, I need the official version of mangos ? I must also have a new version of the db ? And finally what is scriptdev0 ? does the last version of mangos posseses one version of that working with the 3.5.5 ? Does the scriptdev0 works with the 3.5.5 ? )

Ok now I understand. mangos zero is for Wow Classic. I need the same thing as tutorial for mangos master and it would work.

Do you have the same git for mangos master ?

Sorry for mispells and thanks

OT note:

step 7:

- When the extraction is done you will have 4 folders having the name: Maps, Vmaps, Buildings and DBC.

- Cut them and paste them in your Compiled folder.

I don't know if this has changed with addition of mmaps, but copying over the 'buildings' folder was not needed before.

<edited>

Hi, I'm a noob and French developper. ^^ (sorry)

I've read and almost understood all this topic.

I have installed a v3.3.5(12340) of Wow and I followed all the steps of this tut.

(The ad.exe didn't work then I Downloaded the official one on github. is this tut for a lower version of Wow ? For my version, I need the official version of mangos ? I must also have a new version of the db ? And finally what is scriptdev0 ? does the last version of mangos posseses one version of that working with the 3.5.5 ? Does the scriptdev0 works with the 3.5.5 ? )

Ok now I understand. mangos zero is for Wow Classic. I need the same thing as tutorial for mangos master and it would work.

Do you have the same git for mangos master ?

Sorry for mispells and thanks

I got a .doc tutorial file from the old forum I think. But the link to the archives, which was on the getmangos.eu page, is gone. But I just found this thread. The link to the tutorial files is in the second post.

I got a .doc tutorial file from the old forum I think. But the link to the archives, which was on the getmangos.eu page, is gone. But I just found this thread. The link to the tutorial files is in the second post.

Thanks for the help (my bad I didn't mention I wasn't on Linux "^^").

Everithing looks easier on Linux.

In fact I found the answer to my question here :

http://getmangos.eu/bb/topic/206/mangos-sourceproject-list/

But I would have prefered a git for the mangos master data base.

LOGGING IN PROBLEM

At the risk of over-extending the thread, and I hope this is the right place for this... :) I am using ZERO (classic) source/sd/db with 1.12.1 5875 client.

I followed the instructions, I think... but I am kind of new to mangos.

I compiled everything with no problems. Extracted the maps,vmaps and so on. I've changed the realmlist.wtf to "set realmlist 127.0.0.1"

The realmd.exe is running, and the mangosd is running too. I see the Added Realm Argent Dawn...

Regardless, get the "the information you have entered is not valid".

-- follow up, two problems with what I was doing... firstly the PASSWORDs in classic seem to be UPPERCASEd.

If you get the "the information you have entered" message, it means that RealmD is actually working and being "hit". Otherwise, you'd clearly get the disconnected from server immediately on hitting enter.

And the second problem with getting in was... no realms coming up.. which was caused by a bad time-zone setting in the DB table :(

• 2 months later...

it good idea if ur using xampp to get zip version extract to dir. then follow steps above that way u put on seperate hard drive in case some happens to system or main hard drive it be safe

We need one place in forum for the tut to make eaiser to find instead scatterd all over place.and those make need resposibility to keep update.

• 1 month later...

hi all

first of all, ty for this guide, im looking forward to play again in vanilla and get my sv online.

i´ve made all the steps until 7, and i´m stuck in the part where i need the folder "...contrib/vmap_extract_assembler_bin/ "

i dont have it. in contrib folder i have :

dbcformat

extractor

git_id

mysql_to_pgsql

soap

vmap_assembler

vmap_extractor_3

doing a search, i canf even find the makevmaps_simple.bat file

am i not reading the guide well or something is missing?

can i download the file or folder and add it to the contrib folder?

ty all, cheers

if you are using mangos zero, then:

- copy ad.exe from contrib/extractor directory to WoW main folder and run it;

- build project in contrib / vmap_extractor_v3 (building instructions are in repository). copy exe file to WoW folder and run it;

- build project in contrib/vmap_assembler (building instructions are in repository). copy exe file to WoW folder and run it from command line with two parameters (two directory names, both must exist).

you'll get 3 directories (od 4, don't remember): dbc, mmaps, vmaps. and you will use them later as it says in main post.

if it's not clear, there are readmy files in each folder, in repository, you'll get more info how to build and run each project .

hi all

first of all, ty for this guide, im looking forward to play again in vanilla and get my sv online.

i´ve made all the steps until 7, and i´m stuck in the part where i need the folder "...contrib/vmap_extract_assembler_bin/ "

i dont have it. in contrib folder i have :

dbcformat

extractor

git_id

mysql_to_pgsql

soap

vmap_assembler

vmap_extractor_3

doing a search, i canf even find the makevmaps_simple.bat file

am i not reading the guide well or something is missing?

can i download the file or folder and add it to the contrib folder?

ty all, cheers

Thanks a lot Kupix. as soon as i get home i will try it. i got a little confused about all of this around emulating, so i hope i dont get stuck in th sv with something thats not explained in the guide :). theres a first thing for everything. ty for the help ;)

there is something i am not doing right, i think i made the mistake of running vmapextractor3_vc100 in his folder, in contrib.

them i made a copy to wow forder and run it and i got an error in microsoft visual:

"one or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. please see the output window for detail"

this was there :

C:\\dep\\libmpq\\win\\VC100\\libmpq.vcxproj : error : Project "C:\\dep\\libmpq\\win\\VC100\\libmpq.vcxproj" could not be found.

C:\\win\\VC100\\zlib.vcxproj : error : Project "C:\\win\\VC100\\zlib.vcxproj" could not be found.

C:\\win\\VC100\\bzip2.vcxproj : error : Project "C:\\win\\VC100\\bzip2.vcxproj" could not be found.

did i made a mistake somewere and i need to start over? i have made a copy of all the server and compiled folder before i start this step.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am stuck on Step 6. I type the command into git bash "mysql_import" and it tells me the database does not exist and it failed to create. This tells me that it is not properly connecting to my database.

I am running Windows Server 2012 and I already have an installation of MySQL Server 5.5 that works with the web sites I have hosted on the same machine. I just don't know what to change in the "mysql_info" file to get it to work.

Edit: I attempted to append to the system path as suggested but this did not work. I appended "c:\\program files\\mysql\\mysql server 5.5\\bin"

Edit 2: Because I am trying to install this on an existing server that is using IIS8 as well as PHP and MySQL, I cannot install XAMPP as the services it comes bundled with would confict with the services i already have installed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use