Running behavior on 500+ users

On which revision? I tried several revisions but still struggling sometimes with GIT. So I am not sure if I use the commands incorrectly or that I am using the wrong rev. Can you tell me which one you mean?

edit: Well, I managed to merge the mtmaps from Derex into the 0.12 branch. But I got several errors while compiling...

And have this error several times. So I assume this is not working with latest 0.12 rev (7174)

Which one is working in your opinion, scamp? I hope you know that we are trying to get it working with one of the latest 0.12 branch revisions....

I'm running mangos-0.12 revision 7128 on Linux x86 compiled against system-wide ACE lib.

libACE-5.6.6.so => /usr/local/lib/libACE-5.6.6.so (0xb7bd0000)

We did try to build it on Windows and also got this error.

How to compile mangos-0.12 branch + derex last mtmaps on Win32 VC.

1. Uncomment #include "WorldSocket.h" in \\src\\game\\World.cpp line 24

2. Add #include "WorldSocket.h" in \\src\\mangosd\\CliRunnable.cpp

3. Add the files MapUpdater.h и MapUpdater.сpp to `game` project.

4. Add the files DelayExecutor.h и DelayExecutor.сpp to `shared` project.

5. PROFIT!

5. PROFIT!

I do really appreciate your help. I am at work at the moment. When I am @home, I will definately try what you advised in previous post.

I will let you know how everything develops! Thanks anyway! :)

edit1: Well, unfortunatly it did not work on windows with rev. 7174 from 0.12 branch. Got 4 errors now...so that's better than without your advise. Before I had 9 errors ;)

edit2: I tried rev.7128 too but even then still 5 errors while compiling. Maybe I did something wrong...I don't know..but had no luck compiling.

I merged 0.12 branch from mangos with the mtmaps forum derex. Did the changes you advised...but unfortunately...no luck...

Anyone luck with compiling one of the latest revs of branch 0.12? If yes, can you please explain what to do?

Without mtmaps de server is not stable. Mangos lags big time with 125 testers on a 1gb internetconnection. So bandwidth isn't the problem and the hardware neither.

Please help, to get rid of the Constant compiling errors in visual studio 2008....

Greetings,

Cozzmic

Heya, im hosting a server for some friends. And when we're 10+ players we often have spell delay.

Im using revision 7215 with scriptdev 882.

UseProcessors = 0

ProcessPriority = 1

Compression = 7

PlayerLimit = 1000

SaveRespawnTimeImmediately = 1

MaxOverspeedPings = 2

GridUnload = 0

SocketSelectTime = 10000

GridCleanUpDelay = 300000

MapUpdateInterval = 100

ChangeWeatherInterval = 600000

PlayerSaveInterval = 300000

vmap.enableLOS = 1

vmap.enableHeight = 1

vmap.ignoreMapIds = "369"

vmap.ignoreSpellIds = "7720"

DetectPosCollision = 1

TargetPosRecalculateRange = 1.5

UpdateUptimeInterval = 10

MaxCoreStuckTime = 10

AddonChannel = 1

Mangos is using 5% of the servers CPU and 3GB of 4GB of its RAM

small queston is it possible to load all of the maps into ram so mangos will need less time to find and load them. if yes how since it would realm speed up mangos?

Btw.: did someone tested the difference in speed betweeen 32bit and 64 bit compile? if yes would be nice to know.

pls help

mangos-0.12 7214 ubuntu 32bit

In file included from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_Memory.h:341,
                from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_Thread.h:36,
                from /usr/local/include/ace/Thread_Mutex.h:31,
                from ../../../src/game/MapUpdater.h:25,
                from ../../../src/game/MapManager.h:28,
                from ../../../src/game/BattleGround.cpp:23:
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:85: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:85: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:89: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:89: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
In file included from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:389,
                from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_Memory.h:341,
                from ../../../src/game/BattleGround.cpp:23:
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:71: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:71: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:78: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:78: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
In file included from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_Memory.h:341,
                from ../../../src/game/BattleGroundAB.cpp:26:
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:85: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:85: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:89: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:89: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
In file included from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.h:389,
                from /usr/local/include/ace/OS_Memory.h:341,
                from ../../../src/game/BattleGroundAB.cpp:26:
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:71: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:71: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:78: error: expected identifier before â__nullâ
/usr/local/include/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:78: error: expected â,â or â...â before â__nullâ
make[3]: *** [battleGroundAB.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: *** [battleGround.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/onebit/mangosfun/mangos_243/objdir/src/game'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/onebit/mangosfun/mangos_243/objdir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/onebit/mangosfun/mangos_243/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@deffender:/home/onebit/mangosfun/mangos_243/objdir#

how long uptimes do you have with derex mtmaps (~1k population) on mangos-0.12 and debian OS?

since update form 7174 to newest revs and add mtmaps i get crashes. sometimes 30min uptime, sometimes 18h when traffic is low. on clean 7174 uptime was infinite (24-36h because shutdowns to maintain db). I just wonder if i messed something in code.

• 2 weeks later...

5. PROFIT!

Did anyone manage to get that working?

works only on *nix systems. Or in other words i managed to compile on debian under win32 i've got errors in compilation

Not true, it's working on windows as well.

Did anyone manage to get that working?

Yes, I managed to get it working without any compile errors on windows (don't let my avatar confuse you ;)) My server is running perfectly, 150 testers, uptime 1 day...and counting! And most important almost no lag at all :)

Follow these steps:

1. Merge the mtmaps branch from derex into your local branch(0.12 or whatever)

2) Open World.cpp and uncomment the //#include "WorldSocket.h" line.

3) Open CliRunnable.cpp and add #include "WorldSocket.h" below #include "Common.h" line.

4) After that add MapUpdater.cpp/MapUpdater.h to game project and DelayExecutor.cpp/DelayExecutor.h to shared project.

When you follow these steps in the right order....it can't go wrong ^_^

Success,

Cozzmic

Yes, I managed to get it working without any compile errors on windows (don't let my avatar confuse you ;)) My server is running perfectly, 150 testers, uptime 1 day...and counting! And most important almost no lag at all :)

with 150testers it is something completely different than with 500+...

with 150testers it is something completely different than with 500+...

pffft...nothing else to post? Are you bored maybe?

To clear a few thinks up for you...the question was 'Did anyone manage to get mtmaps working?' Does it matter if you have 50, 100 or 5000 testers??? Not at all...so please go play somewhere else...I am trying to help...nothing more nothing less...

150 is different then 500+....news-breaking....

i meand with that, that when you have 500+ testers/players your server has to handle much more than with 150. the question was to get it working, that does not only mean to compile it and to run it with a 'low' amount of testers.

we have also mtmaps on our testserver, with 600+ it works fine with 800+ we have laggs and with 850+ it laggs like hell, that it, what i mean.

and no, i'm not bored at all ;)

i meand with that, that when you have 500+ testers/players your server has to handle much more than with 150. the question was to get it working, that does not only mean to compile it and to run it with a 'low' amount of testers.

we have also mtmaps on our testserver, with 600+ it works fine with 800+ we have laggs and with 850+ it laggs like hell, that it, what i mean.

and no, i'm not bored at all ;)

If that justifies your bad reading, then I am happy for you.

Leak was 'quoting' a few steps on how to compile. So with a sense of logic, which you are missing probably, he wants an answer on how to compile it. If he had problems with 800+ users and Mtmaps enabled...he would probably mention that...don't you think?

Anyway, Leak if you are reading this and you need any help on this. Just give me a PM ;)

Greetings,

Cozzmic

Fedora x64 please help

./game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::UnloadAll()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x819): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::activated()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x825): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::Deactivate()'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::~MapManager()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xa6d): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xa7b): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::MapManager()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xc73): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::MapUpdater()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xcc9): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::MapManager()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xe65): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::MapUpdater()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0xeb9): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::Update(unsigned int)':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x10f9): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::activated()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x1111): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::schedule_update(Map&, unsigned int)'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x1150): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::activated()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x115c): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::wait()'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::Initialize()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x14e7): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::activate(unsigned long)'../game/libmangosgame.a(MapManager.o): In function `MapManager::~MapManager()':MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x15d3): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'MapManager.cpp:(.text+0x15e1): undefined reference to `MapUpdater::~MapUpdater()'collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Same source code compiled on win perfectly

Calm down you two guys...

I don't plan on running mangos on win anyways, i just got tired of removing the mtmaps patch each time i wanna mess with the code (afterall M$ VS > rest).

I have mtmaps running on gentoo with 1500 people but the spelllag is still getting very annoying past 1200 players.

Just about to switch hardware from AMD to Intel, but i don't really expect any big shot from that. Those 1200-1500 numbers seem to be some sort of design limit of mangos.

(and yes there are people who claim to have 1500+ lagfree, but i've also seen crazy riots on those peoples forums where the players crying about massive lag. But as usual, if someone has "the big solution" - feel free to share some knowledge)

@cozzmic

Thanks for the "below" that really made the difference. Who would have thought includes are that sensitive to order...

zone Unknown

mangos-0.12 7290

mtmaps (by derex)

I'm posting it here because pretty shure it is related to mtmaps. When server reach about 950-980 ppl pop some testes appear in 'Unknown' area. They are even listed in /who z-unknown list, disabled spells,quests,triggers,graveyards realted to area. Meanwhile whole server is running smooth.

Anyone experienced such a thing?

my server

Debian OS

E8400 x2

4gb DDR2 ram (never reached limit in AUX)

100mbit full duplex

mapthread set to 4

vmap enabled on bg and arenas

USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
pantera  19629  0.0  0.0   8064  1576 ?        -    21:21   0:00 sshd: pantera@pts/0
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        S    21:21   0:00 -
pantera  19632  0.0  0.0   1752   520 pts/0    -    21:21   0:00 -sh
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Ss   21:21   0:00 -
pantera  20822  0.0  0.0   2624  1000 pts/0    -    21:23   0:00 ps ux -m
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        R+   21:23   0:00 -
pantera  25309  0.0  0.0   4136  1160 ?        -    17:07   0:02 SCREEN
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Ss   17:07   0:02 -
pantera  25310  0.0  0.0   1752   500 pts/1    -    17:07   0:00 /bin/sh
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Ss   17:07   0:00 -
pantera  28959  105 62.7 2754100 2597964 pts/1 -    17:13 263:04 /home/mangos/08-02-2009/bin/mangos-worldd
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:13   0:12 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:13   0:06 -
pantera      -  0.1    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:13   0:20 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:13   0:00 -
pantera      -  7.3    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  18:21 -
pantera      -  7.3    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  18:14 -
pantera      -  7.3    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  18:13 -
pantera      -  7.3    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  18:10 -
pantera      - 35.6    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  88:47 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14   0:01 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14   0:00 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14   0:00 -
pantera      - 28.6    -      -     - -        Rl+  17:14  71:26 -
pantera      -  5.8    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  14:33 -
pantera      -  5.8    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14  14:33 -
pantera  28976  0.0  0.0   4136  1160 ?        -    17:14   0:00
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Ss   17:14   0:00 -
pantera  28977  0.0  0.0   1756   496 pts/2    -    17:14   0:00 /bin/sh
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Ss   17:14   0:00 -
pantera  28978  0.0  0.2  24884  9300 pts/2    -    17:14   0:13 ./mangos-realmd
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14   0:11 -
pantera      -  0.0    -      -     - -        Sl+  17:14   0:01 -

does it mean server is overloaded and requires vmap limitation or ser player limit?

This issue is not known to me.

Try to clear the Cache folder and teleport to tester's location.

btw, what about ulimit -n (number of network sockets and open files)?

Set ulimit -n 2048 before starting the server. The default value is 1024.

Be sure to set in by hand in the shell, not in limits.conf, see the debian bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=515673

• 2 weeks later...

2przemratajczak

I got a huge spam too... And at the moment when it happens players report that half of their spells/talents doesn't work.

Got mangos 0.12 r7374 mtmaps,procflag,av,outdoor pvp,speehack fix and a few other little patches...

The part of code with ProcDamageAndSpellFor is rewrited in mangos 0.13.

The only idea that comes to me head - to replace

sLog.outError("Prevent possible stack owerflow in Unit::ProcDamageAndSpellFor");
if (procSpell)
sLog.outError(" Spell %u", procSpell->Id);

with

sLog.outDebug("Prevent possible stack owerflow in Unit::ProcDamageAndSpellFor");
if (procSpell)
sLog.outDebug(" Spell %u", procSpell->Id);

But that's not the best solution=(