Back after a long break, but have questions.

Auntie Mangos

Question

hope. it's for linux as i see. here is an old tutorial for installing mangos under windows. as i know, many users use it under windows and if you start the process just post the errors (if you get ones). oh and don't forget. links to the repository has been changed since the ones from old tutorial.

almost forget. settings in config files is almost the same under linux and windows. you'll find few tutorials for installing mangos under linux and there should be section about configs.

i knew there was a nice tutorial. here it is.

12 answers to this question

Try to change the installation path in the registry to your Cataclysm installation folder.

Be aware that any changes in your registry can affect your computer in bad ways, therefore be careful!

Goto start -> run -> type "cmd" (make sure, you run it as administrator)

Alternative: Press windows + r key and type "cmd"

In the comand prompt type "regedit" and press the retrun key. The registry will show up.

Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Blizzard Entertainment\\World of Warcraft" and change the InstallPath-Value to your Cataclysm folder.

After you're done with your Updates, change it back to MoP.

Hope this will help you.

Well I deleted the Mist xp and did a fresh install of wow once again all the way up to cata. I was able to patch the game up to 4.0.1.13205

Now when I try to install 4.0.3. It seems I am having issues withthis. I install the .titfil and the .mpq in the correct locations. but they dont want to install for some reason. Or do I simply need to place them in their location and move on to the next? I also gave the mangos patcher a go but I get the following error

"Loading Wow.exe into memory...

This Wow.exe version is not supported

Loading Mac 'World of Warcraft' binary into memory...

Could not load Win 'Wow.exe' or Mac 'World of Warcraft' into memory. Make sure this program is in your WoW directory and that WoW is closed."

Thanks once again

NOTE: I know it says to run the launcer.exe, however I am reading everyone not to run the launcher.

hello everyone, I have not followed mangos in almost 2 years(wow has it realyl been that long?) But I wanted to check things out and maybe get things started again, however I find myself lost here. Maybe because im extraordinarily tired or down right blind.

If there is a N00b guide to getting starting I would appreciate a nudge or point to that direction. I have read about Git and remember having to comple, vmaps and there was something else. But in reality I think I need a fresh reboot of my learning here as things seem to have changed in my absence.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if what im asking is looking right at me.

Archived