[Three] Someone with this sh** too?

Locario

Question

Hi all.

I have clicked in my WoW.exe file in version 4.3.4.15595 and launcher has emerged, cannot enter at the login screen, allways run automatic Launcher trying to update my client.

Me and my friend same problem, with clients obtained from diferent sources.

Anyone with this problem? what can we do?

Tnx all.

10 answers to this question

Did you run the patcher as Administrator? Newer versions of Windows, starting with Vista, have that file protection feature which automatically replaces altered exe files with "clean" backups. You can bypass this behavior by running the patcher as Administrator or exempting Wow.exe.

You may also have to go so far as to install WoW into a folder other than 'Users/YourUserName/Program Files' (or whatever they named the new Win 7 equivalent to Program Files). This is especially true for older versions of WoW meant for 32-bit Windows when you are editing game files.

also, i have downloaded this:

https://github.com/mangos/mangos-tools/tree/master/MaNGOSPatcher/_extras

cannot be executed

EDIT: I have in the same HD some WoW versions, 1.12.1, 2.43, 3.3.5a, 4.0.6, 4.3.4 and 5.1.0

All versions works except 4.3.4 loading launcher at start.

If i copy my wow 4.3.4 clean folder in another computer, launcher don't load, so my client it's ok -> O_o

Peharps my problem is in windows registry or something?

One last thing to try is to prevent the launcher getting any updates.

open the Realm.wtf file (data\\enGB - or whatever locale you are running) and change the values for

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

to

set realmlist localhost

set patchlist localhost:1119/patch

this should prevent the launcher from attempting to do anything

Archived