Welcome back.... Again

antz

Hi Mangos Members,

As you will have seen, we are working hard to get things back to normal.

Last night the 'safe haven' forum www.getmangos.freeforums.org was also attacked and shut down, hence this new one.

We are determined to get back up and running and I suppose we should be honoured that we are regarded as so much of a threat to certain small minded people that they are using so many resources to take us down.

But we will not give up !! - Hope to see you all back home at getMangos.com soon

Regards

---=== The getMaNGOS Team ===---

Wow, we must’ve got on a hate list, you sure are stubborn antz

Though i wish, whoever is doing this would use live and let live, I don’t believe we have done anything to deserve being hunted down

FYI because of recent attacks ive decided to use an old username and a 10min email address

In other word don’t try to contact me by email, in 10mins it will no longer exist

what about old repositories?

Sadly github still haven't sorted this out despite almost daily contact.

- Totally shocking behaviour on their part tbh.

It will be 2 weeks on Friday and we are no nearer to getting things resolved.

We have a copy of all the repos kept safe and will use them if we have to, however we would rather have them back or at least removed from the person who stole them.

We will have to make a tough decision by the end of the week as to what route we take.

I noticed last night that the mangostwo repo has now been destroyed by the person who stole the repos.

Assuming Github finally put their backsides into gear and get this sorted it can be restored as I have two separate backups kept safe of each repo from the day they were stolen.

We're confident that this forum will stay up where the others fell - We now have a security team those task is to keep the servers running.

- Other groups may want us dead (got the emails to prove it :D) but we are not going anywhere.

I made a promise to theLuda that I would do everything in my power to keep MaNGOS and it's community going after his departure - I'm not about to break that promise !!

Me neither, but atm we're open to suggestions.

Although saying that, I don't really like the idea of an open source project residing on a private server

- Granted we would get significant security improvements and support should be a hell of a lot better than github have been.

but there are many other systems our there: gitoriuous, bitbucket to name just two.

The bottom line is that Github have let us down big time, had they acted swiftly that repo would still be in existence and the others wouldn't have been defaced.

- My faith in Github has been seriously dented by these recent events, I was considering recommending them to my boss as a system to use - not any more.

I will email some contacts I have inside Github this evening to see what they have to say about the situation, please me my guest and email them too

- Maybe they might actually start to act !

We're confident that this forum will stay up where the others fell - We now a security team those task is to keep the servers running.

- Other groups may want us dead (got the emails to prove it :D) but we are not going anywhere.

I made a promise to theLuda that I would do everything in my power to keep MaNGOS and it's community going after his departure - I'm not about to break that promise !!

o.O

had an image but it doesn’t want to give me the direct address :/

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5525833472/h9B96BEBF

- Granted we would get significant security improvements and support should be a hell of a lot better than github have been.

but there are many other systems our there: gitoriuous, bitbucket to name just two.

The bottom line is that Github have let us down big time, had they acted swiftly that repo would still be in existence and the others wouldn't have been defaced.

- My faith in Github has been seriously dented by these recent events, I was considering recommending them to my boss as a system to use - not any more.

I will email some contacts I have inside Github this evening to see what they have to say about the situation, please me my guest and email them too

- Maybe they might actually start to act !

Hmm i kind of see githubs position, but still don’t like it.....after all we are a grey area project in a lot of countries

On a side note can we get spoiler tabs also YouTube imbedding for this forum? I find forums without them rather annoying. Not important just annoying

When will this end?

It's been 'interesting', someone clearly doesn't want me to succeed in getting getmangos.eu back up and running !

it's sad that some people still think that only cmangos should survive and will do everything in their power to stop us.

- they can do their thing and we will do ours.

It's just childish to me. Live and let live doesn't mean anything nowadays it seems. And it's just about an server emulator for fucking World of Warcraft! It's a fucking hobby, goddamn it!

This forum is great btw. Very comfortable. ;D

The Insert Quote-function saves a lot of time...

And Antz, your new avatar is awesome! ;)

I am hoping to get a dump of the last backup of our forum on getmangos.eu before it got taken down in the next few days, once I have that, we will restore it into the 'normal' forum and this one will be 'switched off' until we need it again - hopefully never

The Normal forum looks and works just like this one :D

I noticed last night that the mangostwo repo has now been destroyed by the person who stole the repos.

Assuming Github finally put their backsides into gear and get this sorted it can be restored as I have two separate backups kept safe of each repo from the day they were stolen.

Just a quick update, I contacted github today demanding to know what is going on as it's now over two weeks since the theft was reported. So far the only response we have had is ' the security team is investigating'.

Will have to see what the response is !

It has taken a significant amount of effort from many people behind the scenes to get github to actually move on this one.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank them all now for their assistance in giving github a kick up the backside and helping us finally get back up and running.

- My faith in github as an organisation has dropped significantly during these recent events.

We're glad to announce that the following repos are back up and running:-

http://github.com/mangoszero

http://github.com/mangosone

http://github.com/mangosthree

http://github.com/mangosfour

The mangostwo repo is still missing after being deleted by the so called hacker, hopefully github will restore it soon - it not, we can recreate it as we have copies elsewhere.

We're glad to announce that the following repos are back up and running:-

http://github.com/mangoszero

http://github.com/mangosone

http://github.com/mangosthree

http://github.com/mangosfour

The mangostwo repo is still missing after being deleted by the so called hacker, hopefully github will restore it soon - it not, we can recreate it as we have copies elsewhere.

cool man 8) , guess I had better get my rear end in gear.....start documenting stuff

Whew! It's taken a while, bouncing from one URL after another and getting my account lost in the shuffle, but it's great to be back!

Antz, my heartfelt thanks for putting up with me and not giving up at even the darkest times. Your dedication and persistence, never giving in when it was far easier to quit, is an inspiration and example to us all. :)

madmax, you've done an awesome job with the nuts-n-bolts technical stuff. Thank you for laying the bricks of our new home and making these forums more interesting with a set of rich features. After the old forum's minimalist layout, you and Antz are spoiling everyone with luxury! Respect! 8)

As for me, I rededicate my promise in always striving to promote and support the ideals that have made MaNGOS the standard in private MMO server development. I'll keep helping any way I can! ;)

Those who hold onto hate only poison their own hearts. I think many now see the lesson of history still holds true, that you can't kill an idea. MaNGOS will always exist so long as even one person remains that believes in the ideals upon which we began. Still, a good anti-DDoS protection does help. ;D

To all of our members:

We must never forget MaNGOS exists because of those who believe in the worthiness of this community and its projects, devoting significant portions of their lives to give this gift to you. MaNGOS will always stand by the three pillars of its foundation: Open Source, Open Learning, and Open To All.

Let us all honor this gift we have by always being generous and helpful toward each other.

We Administrators are not your masters, nor is anyone else. We are only the stewards of the MaNGOS legacy built by each and every one of you. In turn, we only ask that all of you do your best to keep MaNGOS thriving and growing.

All of the projects belong to everyone. This means you are free to jump right in and work away at whatever you like for the benefit of all. Have you got the urge to make a patch for WoTLK or do you think you can make a MoP server better than the official project? Not one of us has the right to say you can't do those things. Your ideas just may prove to be exactly what we need!

Remember, it's your MaNGOS, too! It will only ever be as good as you all work to make it. So get involved! Tell your friends! Don't stop until our members and developers number into the millions!

madmax, you've done an awesome job with the nuts-n-bolts technical stuff. Thank you for laying the bricks of our new home and making these forums more interesting with a set of rich features. After the old forum's minimalist layout, you and Antz are spoiling everyone with luxury! Respect! 8)

Thanks, I'll try to keep it interesting.

Have you tried the games arcade yet? (click arcade in the menu).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use