Possible To Make A Client?

Guest count0

If anyone wants my sourcecode I have it compiled for wow 2.4.3 with the GUI disabled

I made a similiar version a while ago for 2.4.3 but removed the related code parts completly and added some features like Blizzlike chat colors. So its a pure chatlclient which is quite resource friendly (5MB RAM, 1MB Bin).

Its sad that PseudoWoW has such a slow development because the idea itself is not that bad and the results look so far good.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For cross-platform compatibility, OpenGL would be better than DirectX. The biggest advantage DX offers over OpenGL is support for sound and I/O. You need seperate libraries for those features if you're using OGL for the graphics.

I wish there were more interest in PseuWoW on the part of those who have talent in the various apsects of game development. I'd sign on this very minute if there was a need for a dev with zero experience and coding skills. I can draw and I'm good with words but I'm not sure how much value that would have at this stage.

It would truly be a shame for this project to die because it has so much promise. PseuWoW is the perfect companion to MaNGOS and it would allow people to operate servers with complete freedom. Planeshift is a good example of just such a success story, where people decided they could do an MMORPG as good as the commercial game companies.

I urge anyone that knows programming for C++ and Lua, 3D modeling, CG art, sound engineering, or composing music to please go sign up over at PseuWoW today!

Hey UnkleNuke,

thank you for your interest and supporting words! It would be great if anybody could help along. The main problem right now is that interest and time are very limited for at least me right now. There are several issues right now, the main one being, that Pseu lags behind Mangos since 3.1.3 or so. I personally have no experience with the code needed to update. Until this is done, logging into current MaNGOS is not possible.

I hope someone will help soon,

shlainn

Here is a patch for the changes for allowing the PseuWoW Client to connect to the newer versions. The config file needs to have the proper values put in as well.

Index: WorldSession.cpp
===================================================================
--- WorldSession.cpp	(revision 377)
+++ WorldSession.cpp	(working copy)
@@ -522,11 +522,14 @@
{
    std::string acc = stringToUpper(GetInstance()->GetConf()->accname);
        uint32 serverseed;
+        uint32 sp;
+        recvPacket >> sp;
        recvPacket >> serverseed;
        logdebug("Auth: serverseed=0x%X",serverseed);
        Sha1Hash digest;
        digest.UpdateData(acc);
        uint32 unk=0;
+        uint64 unk4=0;
        digest.UpdateData((uint8*)&unk,sizeof(uint32));
        BigNumber clientseed;
        clientseed.SetRand(8*4);
@@ -536,7 +539,7 @@
        digest.UpdateBigNumbers(GetInstance()->GetSessionKey(),NULL);
        digest.Finalize();
        WorldPacket auth;
-        auth<<(uint32)(GetInstance()->GetConf()->clientbuild)<<unk<<acc<<unk<<clientseed_uint32;
+        auth<<(uint32)(GetInstance()->GetConf()->clientbuild)<<unk<<acc<<unk<<clientseed_uint32<<unk4;
        auth.append(digest.GetDigest(),20);
        auth << (uint32)0; // TODO: this is not correct value, expected: 160 bytes of addon_data

I played around with it a bit. I'm not sure if I agree with the way the GUI is initialized from the CLI. I would expect a separate CLI application and a separate GUI application. Possibly limit the CLI version to be used for administration/debug aspect instead of scripting.

I think a git repository may be better for a project this large if it was to continue at least for the source code's sake from what I've understood between SVN and GIT.

Anyhow, just my thoughts as an observate noob.

Hell, BThallid, thanks a bunch for that patch, I will test it ASAP. Probably it will be necessary to update a whole lot of other packet structures, but this is a great start.

EDIT: Commited your patch, thank you!

About the GUI vs CLI apps: In the beginning, Pseu was just a CLI tool with the scripting possibilities to make a bot (FalseGenesis, intervene if I am telling crap here). The GUI was slapped onto the existing structure later. As you might have seen, this is messy at some points... Anyway, having two separate apps is pretty pointless because they use the same code anyway (and always will, no point writing different code to perform the same functions...). Basicly, the CLI-only thing is Pseu with deactivated GUI part and the GUI-only thing is Pseu with hidden CLI.

The only way I can see, in which Pseu can benefit from GIT is, if using Github, the possibility for separate forks which we could watch and pull useful features from. The size of the project itself does not require any specific version control system

(oh, btw, why don't you come over to mangosclient.org and help out a bit? ;) )

shlainn

• 1 year later...

KUNG FU NECRO BUMP!

We are still here! And right now pretty alive and kicking!

Over the past weeks I have been working on making PseuWoW compatible to Mangos Zero, Mangos One and Mangos (Two) all in one client! It has been interesting at some points, but ... it HAS WORKED.

I can confirm compatibility (as in: as limited as before, but now times THREE) for all official versions of MaNGOS - the fearless may check it out at https://github.com/shlainn/pseuwow/

Shlainn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use