Possible To Make A Client?

Guest count0

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the follow command was removed a looong time ago. but yeah, we are working on movement, but this needs 100% correct map reading code, which will still take a while until its done. for now concentrating on graphics, to make the debugging process easier.

btw @ mods: am i allowed to post "client" screenshots here? tongue.gif i mean, this is not the payware client, so... wink.gif

do you mean multi-instances in one pseuwow.exe?

i have thought about that long ago, but actually never realized it. the code is somewhat optimized/intended for parallel usage of instances, but there are some pieces of code that are not yet "good" for multi-instancing:

- the SCP database takes up too much memory if loaded 100 times or more

- same for the item prototypes and playernames cache

- also maps (omg!)

- more then one DefScriptPackage instance would cause a large amount of used memory as well, because it is used to store individual configurations. one package must be loaded then for every single instance. there might be ways to get around this,

it would require a 'Master' class, that, if running multi-instanced, took care about all data loaded only once and distributed to all PseuInstance's.

- one gui per instance? or all instances all merged into one gui, tabbed? too early to decide that, and too hard to implement since its only the very beginning, and absolutely not needed for operation. better to disable gui in multi-instance mode.

- CLI must be disabled too, or only enabled for first instance, or for all instances simultaneously.

sure, your idea is good, but imho its too early to realize it.

to do serious stressing, a lot more needs to be done before beeing able to get mangos cough. automated movement (i mean not depedant from the gui) is only one factor of it.

i am interested to get more suggestions, and i would like to help mangos with it, but i also have a bad feeling about it, cuz it can be abused so easily...

k, waiting for comments (or patches tongue.gif)

EDIT: pseuwow is not a client EMUlator. remember, mangos devs kill u if u say this about mangos biggrin.gif

About movement, we can just use gm accounts and nevermind where player run on ground or undeground. No, we not need create multi-instance, just create one console based app with thousands sockets. For first test just randomly .go for each player, test grid system. For second - all players move to one point. Etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

EDIT: pseuwow is not a client EMUlator. remember, mangos devs kill u if u say this about mangos biggrin.gif[/b]

Yes, i know, sorry for your client smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

No, we not need create multi-instance, just create one console based app with thousands sockets.[/b]

that was exactly what i was talking about. with instance i mean 1 PseuInstance, which is the parent class of WorldSession/WorldSocket and RealmSession/RealmSocket. Creating many WorldSessions in one PseuInstance would kinda fuck up everything.

Many PseuInstance's = many World connections.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use