[ZERO] Scripting Library

cabfever

Question

Hey guys!

I got a big problem with the scripting library since days. I recompiled the core 4 times on a fresh Debian 7 Installation, but I can't get scripts running somehow.

I used this tutorial:

https://getmangos.eu/index.php?topic=20866.0

and imported everything into the named databases (I think so, cause everything except boss scripts is working).

I've been using a mangosZero Server some months ago (before the scripts got merged into the core repository and back then everything worked fine).

Now I wanted to pull the newest version from github, compile and install it... but scripts aren't working.

It says:

Scripting library not found or not accessible.

As I found out, scripts are located in the folder /opt/mangos-zero/lib and there are following files/folders:

- libmangos-scriptsd.so (which should be the script library if I got it right)
- libmpqd.so
- libmpqd.so.0.4.2
- pkgconfig

My scriptdev2.conf is pointing to localhost and the DB "mangos_scripts".

I can't get further. I watched into the CMakeLists and there seems to be everything alright, so compiling should work right.

Do I have to copy the Lib-Files somewhere else too?

I'm using the newest mangos core and database from github.

It would be awesome if we could find a solution together and I would appreciate your help on this topic.

Greetings!

7 answers to this question

Somehow its "working" now. I compiled stuff completely new and with new folders and such.

Some encounters are bugged - mostly all in ZG for example.

As I said, it worked back then. But I don't know what mistake I did. When I pulled and compiled everything from scratch, it worked.

You could mark this as solved :)

forgive me as i'm not the a unix person....

Something to check is whether in the cmake options, has scriptdev been selected since it is disabled by default ?

Yes, it has been selected with the following command:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangos-zero -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DWITH_MOD_LUA=0 -DWITH_MOD_SCRIPTDEV2=1 ..

Archived