[TWO] bindings folder gone?

kira1000

Question

5 answers to this question

Here's my understanding of what was changed, The scripts folder / repo are now merged with the core.

I have not had a chance to look over the changes myself yet.

- The only steps affected should be the cloning and building of the scripts library after the main build are no longer needed.

mainly i'm working to port whole build fully to cmake (by including dependencies for windows), currently i'm busy with my exams and i lack some time, but it should be finished until this week sunday, mainly need to port script data loads directly to core and add additional definitions. I have mean, if there we decided to build core without scripts in cmake, then scripts data loads should be skipped.

Also this is not last change, map tools also are going to be included directly to cmake. Currently map tools cmake build is uncomplete. mangosZero got all of it except dependencies for windows, mainly ace libs needs some work, because it at all has no cmake support.

Other projects like as TrinityCore has well written Ace libs lite, inspecting it currently.

all progress will possible to be reviewed in my own fork, cmake branch http://github.com/sanctum32/server

Note: repository can get own changes, so i wont offer to use it publically for own server.

about mangos zero - scripts will moved to src folder too.

Sorry for off-topic, but I felt like leaving some thoughts about ACE. Since ACE is rather old and causing so much problems, it might be worth considering get rid of ACE and switch to another library? Boost for example. Boost is a well tested and documented library which, on top of that, would also solve some major performance issues caused by ACE.

Archived