[Solved] [TWO] Max allowed Socket

Necrovoice

Question

Hello everyone, So I needed to do a fresh install of my server today after my server machine took a dive. However I am running into the message

WORLD: World initialized
SERVER STARTUP TIME: 0 minutes 13 seconds

mangos>Max allowed socket connections 1024
Network Thread Starting
Network Thread Starting

Then after about 2 minutes I start to get the normal server chatter.

Despite resetting the Machine the server is on I am still not able to connect to the game.

Right now the server is running the latest build of [TWO] with Ubuntu as the OS. I did do some looking around on the forums and found a few threads about he topic but sadly I am not very familiar with network settings or the like just port forwarding and a few other minor things. Any help would be great. IF there is any other information I can provide please let me know.

7 answers to this question

That startup looks ok..

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Everything seems to look/run normal in the logs. But I am unable to "login" to the game from any machine. Ports and IP are configured correctly.

I did notice one thing in the logs. My connection attempt is not even being recognized. As for the message I am getting ingame, its unable to connect not an incorrect user/password , so that rules out typos on my part.

On another note just for giggles I put in an incorrect password/username and still only got an unable to connect message. And yes, realmlist.wtf is set correctly, was the second thing I looked at.

Firewall is not blocking it.

I had a buddy of mine also try to connect from his house and he also had no luck.

So the message, Max allowed socket connections 1024, really is not playing a part here you don't think?

Here is how I have the portforward set up, not that it changed from my initial set up months ago. I thought ages ago that the Protocol for one of the ports used one not both of the TCP / UDP, but I could be mistaken.

Port: 3306 | Protocol: both

Port: 3724 | Protocol: both

Port: 8085 | Protocol: both

haha, I found the issue. It turns out that no-ip is having issues with various domains, the only reason I didn't question it at first is that I am still able to connect to minecraft and other things I have running with the same no-ip address. I changed the realmlist.wtf to point directly at my IP and bingo it works.

Archived