[All] Proposed changes for Rel20

antz

Hi Guys, this is an open discussion post regarding some changes currently being considered for Rel20

first a quick summary of where the different cores are as of today:-

MangosZero - Rel19 - Released

MangosOne - Rel19 - In Testing

MangosTwo - Rel19 - WIP (Scheduled End of Aug)

MangosThree - Rel18 - Hoping to start Rel19 mid August)

MangosFour - Rel18 - Done in parallel with MangosThree due to the way the project is set up

Rel19 introduced submodule into the core to support Eluna, for Rel20 I am proposing that submodules are extended to cover the following:-

• Each of the libraries in the Dep folder
  • Making the Realm project a submodule

Submodules allows us to control the dep libraries much easier and upgrade them as required

For RealmD, this makes life so much easier, currently any changes need to be synced across the five projects (as the code is the same). By making Realmd a submodule, the code update can be made once and the submodule references updated in the other projects (a one line change).

Thoughts ?

Rel19 introduced submodule into the core to support Eluna, for Rel20 I am proposing that submodules are extended to cover the following:-

• Each of the libraries in the Dep folder
  • Making the Realm project a submodule

Submodules allows us to control the dep libraries much easier and upgrade them as required

For RealmD, this makes life so much easier, currently any changes need to be synced across the five projects (as the code is the same). By making Realmd a submodule, the code update can be made once and the submodule references updated in the other projects (a one line change).

Thoughts ?

Regarding making dep a submodule:

To me it sounds good but i think we'll need to make sure all cores (0-3) use the same libraries, what i think i'm thinking of is the mpq library, for zero it's libmpq and for three i think it's stormlib or something like that instead? That's something that should be taken care of first perhaps, other than that it sounds like a good idea.

Also, did you mean that the whole dep folder would be a submodule or each library inside it?

Regarding making dep a submodule:

To me it sounds good but i think we'll need to make sure all cores (0-3) use the same libraries, what i think i'm thinking of is the mpq library, for zero it's libmpq and for three i think it's stormlib or something like that instead? That's something that should be taken care of first perhaps, other than that it sounds like a good idea.

Also, did you mean that the whole dep folder would be a submodule or each library inside it?

The whole dep folder would be a submodule, and every core would be made to use the same dependencies :)

• 2 weeks later...

MaNGOS ScriptDev is no longer supported and should be deprecated. Trying to cater to everyone will only add unnecessary complications and workload to a Dev Team that is already stretched too thin.

If people want it to be supported, then they can fork the code and do what is necessary to keep MaNGOS ScriptDev viable. If it means that much to you, Xenithar, then get to work. ;)

Archived