[Zero] Rel19 - Top 5 major bugs

antz

Question

Hi everyone. We have been tracking the issues reported since the release of Release 0.19 and thought we should let people know what the top five are.

Our Devs are currently hunting for the bugs, but as is the nature of some of them - They are hard to find and repeat.

Anything anyone can provide to assist us will be greatly appreciated.

Windows

1) Whenever the console drops back to the command line the server will crash - both mangos and realm.

- Often happens when the db is the wrong version, or the server is shutdown.

Windows

2) Intermittent crash in the aura handler.

Windows

3) Intermittent crash in g3d ray collision routine

Windows AND Linux

4) SD2 Crash during startup

Windows

5) several of the reload commands crash the server e.g. reload fishing

5 answers to this question

Antz, is SD2 pulled from the official repo and integrated into the core or is this done another way? I know it was integrated a few months back but am not sure how you're getting the latest SD2 that way. Perhaps a new SD2 would fix the issue? I do not have the issue in another build, but we can discuss that elsewhere.

SD2 is fully upto date with official repo changes, however the official build is no longer compatible with mangos (and hasn't been for a while). Besides, there has only been 10 commits to official SD2 for Zero since sept last year and two of them where whitespace changes.

I suspect the error is being triggered by some of the changes made to merge it with the core

Windows

1) Whenever the console drops back to the command line the server will crash - both mangos and realm.

- Often happens when the db is the wrong version, or the server is shutdown.

I think i've got this one on linux aswell, at least for realmd when the database version is incorrect. Currently looking into it.

I just installed the precompiled binary yesterday and the mangosd.exe crashes out everytime I try to go into the world. I have a few crashlogs here.

[ATTACH]90[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]92[/ATTACH]

Looking at your last log, it's looking like the Aura crash i've mentioned above

Archived