[Patch][8956] Implement aura SPELL_AURA_ALLOW_ONLY_ABILITY

Auntie Mangos

Quoting again my post because you guys maybe don't understand... the first effect says which immunities it should grant, implementing the aura will fix them, is the same as creatures immunities.

If is proven there should be some additional effect immunity like fear, only that needs to be hardcoded.

If it has to be hardcoded I can try... but I don't understand why it is that way when the effects that would need to be hardcoded exist and could be used like the charm one.

EDIT: done http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=6940.

• 39 years later...

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

This patch implements the SPELL_AURA_ALLOW_ONLY_ABILITY which should deny to its target to cast any spell or attack for its duration.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Who has been writing this patch?

Me

Git: http://github.com/dragonshard/mangos/commit/f4d1e058fb3faa645b20f6457e57f2da8ba3e199

Wish I could fix the crow control immunity too, but for now the result is it makes the warrior immune to damage from that spell too. For example it makes the player immune to the frostbolt's snare as it should but it has the problem that prevents the damage too. It is the same problem that there was with totems before... So I guess it shouldn't be too difficult

it should work like BEstial Wrath for hunter

Not exactly.

According to wowhead comments bladestorm gives immunity to CC and disarm, but does not break such effects already on the target.

EDIT: oh I see: Patch 3.0.3 (11/4/08): Now breaks all snares and roots on the warrior when activated.

BW breaks CC as well as making target immune to new. And AFAIK BW does not provide disarm immunity.

According to wowhead comments bladestorm gives immunity to CC and disarm, but does not break such effects already on the target.

From 3.0.3 it should...

And AFAIK BW does not provide disarm immunity.

It does, it can't be cast if you are disarmed but makes you immune to it

About bladestorm if someone wants to fix the first effect

Apply Aura: Add Creature Immunity (1733)

This should mean immunity to Charm, Disarm, Root, Pacify, Sleep and Snare effects.

Quoting again my post because you guys maybe don't understand... the first effect says which immunities it should grant, implementing the aura will fix them, is the same as creatures immunities.

If is proven there should be some additional effect immunity like fear, only that needs to be hardcoded.