[Patch][8956] Implement aura SPELL_AURA_ALLOW_ONLY_ABILITY

Auntie Mangos

And AFAIK BW does not provide disarm immunity.

It does, it can't be cast if you are disarmed but makes you immune to it

Are you certain?? Tooltip of Bestial Wrath (nor Beast Within) says nothing about requiring weapons and posts on official forum suggest that hunter under effect of BW can be disarmed to prevent wing clip ...

Not exactly.

According to wowhead comments bladestorm gives immunity to CC and disarm, but does not break such effects already on the target.

BW breaks CC as well as making target immune to new. And AFAIK BW does not provide disarm immunity.

It breaks Roots and snares. Makes you immune to stun, disarm, fear, slow effects, crowd control effects, death coil and snares/roots.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Patch is not correct:

client must show all abilities faded instead of returning error message ( but part is good in case of cheaters )

warrior CAN autoattack while bladestorming, it only resets swing timer when you start bladestorming ( it however has no interrupt flag, so it will probably require hardcoding )

also what is point of updating damage ?

That's the old part, if you see the autoattack as been corrected in another post of this thread.

Anyway if you say so then I'll have to find a way to tell the client that it has to block those spells...

Any help/suggestion is welcome :D

EDIT: I was sure I posted it here... Sorry :S, Anyway to resolve the autoattack problem is just to remove the "void Aura::HandleAllowOnlyAbility(bool apply, bool Real)" part.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
hi, i just wanted to add something, while using bladestorm the warrior should still be vulnerable to death coil(terror effect, not fear)

Will you mind to give some proofs of this complete absurd, that you've just wrote?!

On topic: Yes, this patch does fix Bladestorm partially, but Bladestorm still does not give rage from its attacks, nor if you targets dodges or parries (glyph of overpower) you can Overpower them after Bladestorm is gone/canceled, because right now bladestorm attacks are count as "special attacks", and as such they do not give rage and allow OP.

PS: Thunderstorm DOES knockback while you are bladestorming - it works as intended.

Patch code ok and i test it now, but one string incorrect:

if(m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags != (uint64)(*itr)->getAuraSpellClassMask())

1) useless and unsafe test spell family flags without test spell family name. Flags have meaning only for specific family only.

2) need check all family flags instead just low part.

already exist safe function for do this all: Spell::IsAffectedByAura

So

if(!IsAffectedByAura(*itr))