[fix][7315] Seal of Command

Auntie Mangos

• 39 years later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway why used hardcoded percent value if this percent stored in spell data...

[addded] Also patch cleary wrong for "a chance to deal {0.45*Min Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} to {0.45*Max Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} additional Holy damage"

Instead apply 0.45 to spell damage (note: this is not harcoded value but part of spell effect data) patch apply 0.45 to total bonus _and_ in result we have:

weapon damage _corectly_ by spell effect code have applied 45% bonus and then total bonus lost 65% percents so for weapon bonus part.

So

totalDamagePercentMod = 0.45f;
is wrong way.

You are right as often. I testing another version.

Also note that i also make errors and ApoC (thanks) fix its. That for what team exist also. ;) I not expect negative way interpretation of my post. I just attempt show why this incorrect way.

Everyone's making mistakes ;) ... While you are at paladins Judgement of Command dmg is bugged same way as Seal of command proc at the moment.

ìWhile you are at paladins Judgement of Command dmg is bugged same way as Seal of command proc at the moment.

Hm that can be related to float damage changed to percent with new client

maybe mangos is missing a spell flag to check if damage is float or percent modifier.

Many Judgements have the same problem, but I was focusing on reporting overpowers for now.

In [7320].

But i not sure that generic spell damage code work correct currently:

Spell::EffectWeaponDmg correctly calculate spell effect damage and assigne it to Spell::m_damage

BUT when m_damage finally converted to real damage in Spell::DoAllEffectOnTarget in part:

// Do damage and triggers

else if (m_damage)

Called

// Add bonuses and fill damageInfo struct

caster->CalculateSpellDamage(&damageInfo, m_damage, m_spellInfo);

That call

// Magical Damage

else

{

// Calculate damage bonus

damage = SpellDamageBonus(pVictim, spellInfo, damage, SPELL_DIRECT_DAMAGE);

}

And app,y to spell damage that include spell bonuses already spell bonuses one more time....

I think melee/weapon check at speel damage school is wrong. Related spell have holy damage but it _still_ weapon damage

I will discuss this with DiSlord.

Rev [7328]

I don't think is fixed yet, I got 2 hits for 1890 damage from Seal of Command in 1 second.. non-crit.

Maybe now is about coefficient outdated and proc chance?

Edit: another test:

XXX's Seal of Command Hits YYY For 3621 Holy. (critical)

keep in mind our test server is level 70 maxlevel.

I think at this forum problem with post reading ;)

I write already: fix only fix way how spell bonuses calcuclated in Weapon effect. I specaill point in my last post that still exist big problem in damage calculation.

Problem in totally different place, related to 2 time spell bonuses apply, in effect and in post effects proccesing full spell damage apply. This not related to applied patch amd fixes for patch. This has bee before patch and still problem after patch. And appliend not only for this spell but to any weapon damage dependent effects based non-physical damage from spells.

I think at this forum problem with post reading ;)

I write already: fix only fix way how spell bonuses calcuclated in Weapon effect. I specaill point in my last post that still exist big problem in damage calculation.

Problem in totally different place, related to 2 time spell bonuses apply, in effect and in post effects proccesing full spell damage apply. This not related to applied patch amd fixes for patch. This has bee before patch and still problem after patch. And appliend not only for this spell but to any weapon damage dependent effects based non-physical damage from spells.

Oh thanks, hope something can be done if time allows...

I think melee/weapon check at speel damage school is wrong. Related spell have holy damage but it _still_ weapon damage

From my point of view this is the only correct conclusion. We just have to add the bonuses depending on the SpellDmgClass, not by the school. So all melee and ranged get meleedmg bonus, and just the magical class (and class_none if you want) get SpellDamageBonus. None of the weapon spells (melee and ranged) is affected by "spellpower". Exceptions (like Seal of command) prove the rules^^ The system would be more clear then.

Would just require some change in meleedamge bonus or the EffectWeaponDmg handling. As the bonuses of EffectWeaponDmg are already applied in Unit::CalculateDamage but SchoolDmg (physical) spells don't get any bonus at all currently, we have to think a about a more general sollution^^

Also the problem with the "One handed weapon specialization" will be more easy to fix, as far as I can judge this now...