[fix][7315] Seal of Command

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gives a real value only < lvl 70, and if you read the first page too, you notice that Vladimir told us that this cannot be considered as a soultion, and someone wrote that it caused lvl 80 players to hit for about ~500 holy dmg, what's not correct.

Yeah, but I feel like it will be fixed in few days, hope it doesn't remain a sensation so I will find again interest in test PvP.

Sorry for double post, one tester found an important information, is about the hidden cooldown of procs, it should be 1 second to avoid different procs at the same hit

source

Why you got slightly less then doubled procs is because the innate cooldown of SoC I think, as the 1 sec cooldown would prevent successive SoC procs from any hits you deal within 1 sec. Say your white hit and CS dealt damage within 1 sec then no matter how lucky you are, SoC would proc only once from then at most, which really hurts the damage of SoC. Furthermore, when you get better gear(I am sure Blizzard would still put some haste on them), your white attacks happen more often, which will have higher potential to block other ablities proccign SoC.
-- Seal of Command proc hidden cooldown
DELETE FROM `spell_proc_event` WHERE `entry` = 20375;
INSERT INTO `spell_proc_event` (`entry`, `SchoolMask`, `SpellFamilyName`, `SpellFamilyMask0`, `SpellFamilyMask1`, `SpellFamilyMask2`, `procFlags`, `procEx`, `ppmRate`, `CustomChance`, `Cooldown`) VALUES
(20375, 0x00, 0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 7, 0.000000, 1);

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping one more time, just one more question because I'm trying to work on that just now:

That call

Quote:

And app,y to spell damage that include spell bonuses already spell bonuses one more time....

Are you sure with that? If you call SpellDamageBonus with SPELL_DIRECT_DAMAGE no bonuses will get applied at all (what is also not correct, but anyway it won't cause this huge damage).

edit: Ahh, sorry. Missread it. SPELL_DIRECT_DAMAGE != DIRECT_DAMAGE

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if it's not this spell Seal of command :

-- Seal of Command proc hidden cooldown

DELETE FROM `spell_proc_event` WHERE `entry` = 20375;

INSERT INTO `spell_proc_event` (`entry`, `SchoolMask`, `SpellFamilyName`, `SpellFamilyMask0`, `SpellFamilyMask1`, `SpellFamilyMask2`, `procFlags`, `procEx`, `ppmRate`, `CustomChance`, `Cooldown`) VALUES

(20424, 0x00, 0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 7, 0.000000, 1);

Don't you think ?

This is still leading massive amount of damage. It really kills gameplay Vs. paladins

I can +1 on that... At bliz paladins are really overpowered, but duelling a paladin on my testserver really wont make sense :) You just get 1 stun and lose 90% of your hp :(

But, we're having patience. I'm sure the developers will come with a nice fix. In the meanwhile i'll add this topic to my notifications list :)

I can +1 on that... At bliz paladins are really overpowered, but duelling a paladin on my testserver really wont make sense :) You just get 1 stun and lose 90% of your hp :(

But, we're having patience. I'm sure the developers will come with a nice fix. In the meanwhile i'll add this topic to my notifications list :)

If I'm not wrong. They client calculates the right damage it should do, If you hover your mouse over the spell You'll see the damage it's suppose to do. You can confirm this If you hover again when you remove something that gives you Attack power or any of the other stats taking in for the calculation and you'll see that It will deal less damage that it did before removing it.

At the moment if it says 586 - 662 for example, It'll deal normal hits for: 1110 lowest - 1200 highest seen (2.4k ish Criticals)

And yes. It still procs like hell...

Let's say Repetance. get behind the target. Divine Storm + Crusader Strike + the Melee swing it did (mostly 2 of them Will make the SOC proc) and when it crits ( which it mostly do) you'll kinda instant kill a foe easily.

My record is 13k crit (+ 4k resisted). I was full buffed + 3x Vengeance + Berserk(from Battlegrounds) + Avenging Wrath

There is definately something wrong with it :)

I'm not into paladins that much, so I really don't have a clue what to blame on this bug. Maybe somebody knows what is going wrong? Maybe somebody can get some blizz info/comparing?

I'm not into paladins that much, so I really don't have a clue what to blame on this bug. Maybe somebody knows what is going wrong? Maybe somebody can get some blizz info/comparing?

It's aplying the wrong % still. The damage it deals it's makes it look like it's using the 70% (althought It seems more than 70%) instead of the 45 % from attack power.

It has to deal Exactly what the client calculates. you can't say you have to add spell power to it or the Attack power, since the client already does that. To proove it, remove rings that give you spell power or Attack power that way You'll see the damage the clients tells you decreases.

It does not scale with attack power, however attack power increases your normal weapon dmg, therefore it increases SoC proc also, as it is dependent from normal weapon dmg.

Taken from WoW Wiki ---> http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Command

0.45*Min Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} to {0.45*Max Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower

So my guess is that you're right. Still however Doesn't explain the ammount of damage it deals. it's dealing more than what the Client says.

In [7320].

But i not sure that generic spell damage code work correct currently:

Spell::EffectWeaponDmg correctly calculate spell effect damage and assigne it to Spell::m_damage

BUT when m_damage finally converted to real damage in Spell::DoAllEffectOnTarget in part:

Called

That call

And app,y to spell damage that include spell bonuses already spell bonuses one more time....

I think melee/weapon check at speel damage school is wrong. Related spell have holy damage but it _still_ weapon damage

I will discuss this with DiSlord.

The conversation is pointless. It was already explained.

My record is 13k crit (+ 4k resisted). I was full buffed + 3x Vengeance + Berserk(from Battlegrounds) + Avenging Wrath

There is definately something wrong with it :)

I think that because a spells, that increases all damage in percent, are applyed on SoC twice: first - increases melee "white" damage in stats, second - increased final damage. As i know (from my offy players) - should increase only one.

For example you can use buffs for attack power, that increases your damage in stats near 20% and attack other players/mob; after that you should remove that buffs, use Avenging Wrath, that increase all damage on 20% and attack that player/mob - you should see a big difference

• 4 weeks later...