MangosZero Playerbots / AHBots / your documentations

Danator

Question

Its a very good idea to implement bots in your private servers but I have some critics for you. You give me much too less opportunities to control these bots. For example I wanna tell the ah-bots exactly what they shall sell - what for items. But obviously I cant. All I can is to say they shall sell green items or white items etc. The same with the playeraibots. Its a great idea but I cant control them. For example I wanna have bots for PvP in Battlegrounds. How I tell these bots they shall queue for PvP? And I dont wanna get whispers by bots. How can I turn this off?

And in general the quality of your documentations is very weak. I mean if I understand it right you programmed this stuff so why you are not able to explane exactly what the fields in the database means for example. How can I change certain spells which dont work how it should be. For example Seal of Crusader of the Paladin is not correct. Its too strong because the damage is too high. How can I correct these faults without waiting for a new version of your server?

you have several Spell-spreadsheets in the mangos database but I cant figure out how it should be possible to change the behaviour of Seal of Crusader for example with that. Give us more possibilities to change things or to control things. Thx.

2 answers to this question

Is this a real post ?

I mean, dude, this is an educational open-source project, surely not the goal that you have an out-of-the-box working configuration for what you want to do.

No, we are not all guys who have written the core from A to Z, almost all of us jumped in few months ago while Mangos is 10 years old.

You can use the tracker to submit requests about your wishes. Don't forget this is not a commercial offer...

To solve Seal of Crusader, it can be a DB issue or a code issue. For compliance reasons, DBC data are not included into the database, therefore, there's no way to update a wrong behavior described into them without breaking law.

I'm not necessarily sure how we can give you more freedom or options to fix things, considering the entire source and database is publicly available and you can edit the source as you please.

Unfortunately code documentation within the emulation scene in general is very lackluster, which is to be expected from a decade old project with developers coming and going, new systems added and changed, as well as different documentation standards being enforced at different times.

However, as the source is publicly available, you are more than welcome to help out with the documentation efforts where you see something is missing :)

Archived