Followed the latest guide and having problems trying to start realmd because libmysql

Astal

Question

It says libmysql.dll is missing from my computer. I followed all the steps in the .21 guide. The only difference i noticed is my mysql did not give me the option to 5) Tick ‘Include Bin Directory in Windows PATH’.

Im using mysql-installer-community-5.6.28.0 because i noticed u guys said not to use 5.7. Im compiling with vs 2013 also. used the tool to make all the stuff for VS to compile, that went fine, compile went fine, no errors. Edited the files mangosd.conf.dist and realmd.conf.dist. I know in the tutorial it said they should be named .conf not .conf.dist so i tried em both way, same problem. I followed the mysql install exactly as mentioned in the guide except it did not have an option to include bin directory in windows path and i know most of them that i have done in the past have.

What do you recommend, restart from the beginning or?

BTW im using x64 version, because thats what version my sql installed on my system, it didnt give me the choice for x32

Edit: I seemed to have forgotten this step Im doing it now, i assume ill have to delete all the souce code and stuff and re run the source code making tool and then recompile?

Extracting Game Data

1) Click on “My computer”

2) Navigate to the following path:

C:\MangosSource\server\bin

3) Copy all the files into your ‘Warcraft’ Folder (where Launcher.exe and WOW.exe are)

4) Run 'ExtractResources.sh' and follow the onscreen prompts, you should choose the option to extract everything.

5) Once it is complete, select the DBC, Maps and VMaps folders and move them to “C:\Mangos\data”

6) The “Buildings” folder can be deleted.

How long does it usually take to extract the game data?

Im on a 6600k at 4.4ghz on all 4 cores. Its been runnin for 30-45min atleast so far it seems to be repeating maps, but i honestly dont know if it is or if its just doing what it should do.

Ok thats finished, the programs are running and i ran 1 sql update because the command prompt said to. It says I have content 1 and i need content 2, where do i get content 2

Ok you have to run all the world updates (note not all worked and aborted but now realm is running fine) Hope this helps others having problems like me

4 answers to this question

Ok now i cannot connect to my own server, in the game i mean, database and everything connects fine. I forwarded both ports 3724 and 8085 in my router. I tried 127.0.0.1 as my ip in the realmdb file, i tried my real ip and my local router ip. Nothing works. It shows my realm and everything but i cannot create a character all it says is connected

Ok the only setup i can get to the character creation screen is with the ips set to 192.168.1.121 which is my computers ip from the router, which i have the ports forwarded on. I still cannot create a character or get past the connected message on that screen.

Is there another port im missing or do i have to edit a file in windows?

Ok it seems my database has no data and i followed all the steps. What did i miss? here is my mangosd log file

2016-01-17 21:20:50 21000 [world-daemon] 2016-01-17 21:20:50 <Ctrl-C> to stop. - Pastebin.com

Archived