[7428] New .map file format and some fixes

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TGM im sure it will become a mangos standard, think of us as the beta testers for it, Vm will and this has gotta be done merge it into the master. Thanks to DiSlord this could bring mangos to a whole new level.. Not to say that mangos isnt at a different lvl thanks to all the Devs and supporters of mangos. but with all the supporters and VM doing such a great job, no emu will or ever be as tight as the mangos community or as good.

ok i will push what i have i try to take all the good branches and merg with master mangos i have been doing that on my own git repo until i got it stabilized, maps cant get to much better, im working on warlock pet spells its stable and working but not to the point i want it, if you want ill commit it

Nex try pack also height data (lost some accuracy but get better file size)

now all maps req 290 Mb ram.

Now height stored as uint8/uint16/float - depend from max grid heigh diff (in 40% use uint8 :)).

+ less maps size

- lost some accuracy in some places (but not more than 0.01)

Great work!

Just a question. Is that "0.01" enough to make people fall under ground again when charging/being feared/etc?

MaNGOS/0.13.0 (* * Revision 7372 - *) for Unix (little-endian) [world-daemon]

ScriptDev2 version 901

Installed the most recent map_store.patch and re-extracted all maps.

Everything compiles clean and starts up fine, however I am getting map errors as people are moving around in game.

Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0005134.map

18:39:38 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0005133.map

18:42:21 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0005033.map

18:42:21 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0005032.map

18:42:49 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004933.map

18:42:53 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004930.map

18:43:45 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004633.map

18:45:01 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004333.map

18:45:56 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004332.map

18:46:18 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004033.map

18:46:52 Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004134.map

Also I am seeing problems where mobs won't aggro if you are a short distance away from them and attack them from above or below. They simply stand there and let you cast (or shoot) on them till dead. A good example is at Stonewatch Tower in Redridge Mountains. There is a steep road leading up to the tower where if you attack the mobs at a distance they don't run up to you.

I have tried this with and out VMAPS enabled in the mangosd.conf file, both with the same results as above.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Perhaps that is part of my problem. I am using VS2005 and when I try and open the VC80 project I get the following error.

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

File: E:\\Source\\extractor_v2\\VC80_ad.vcproj

Line: 9

Column: 2

Error Message:

'9,00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'.

The attribute 'Version' with value '9,00' failed to parse.

The file 'E:\\Source\\extractor_v2\\VC80_ad.vcproj' has failed to load.

I then open the VC71 project and VS2005 forces me to convert it and compile it and use it to extract the map files. Would there be any reason why the VC71 project wouldn't work after this conversion? I cannot use the VC90 project as it is too new for VS2005.

I just downloaded http://depositfiles.com/files/qvwmif0c3, recompiled it, and re-extracted the maps and I am still having the same errors and the same issues with mobs not aggro-ing if there is a elevation difference. Is there anything else I can try or any other information I can provide?

Also I just want to say, excellent work to all Mangos developers. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all the hard work you all put into this. My friends and family enjoy hours of play time because of all your hard work and dedication to this project.

Shad

Another problem I see is there is no breath bar when you are under water in some places. A good example is Everstill Lake in Redridge Mountains. You can swim anywhere in that lake and never get the "breath" bar.

If it is helpful and you would like to see any flag or vairable values I can run this in debug mode, setup break points in any method you like and post the values.

Also I am seeing problems where mobs won't aggro if you are a short distance away from them and attack them from above or below. They simply stand there and let you cast (or shoot) on them till dead. A good example is at Stonewatch Tower in Redridge Mountains. There is a steep road leading up to the tower where if you attack the mobs at a distance they don't run up to you.

got the same bug... Breath Timer is also not working...

got the same bug... Breath Timer is also not working...
.gm off ??

Test it work fine, please use last version (i fixed some bugs) and also reextrat maps

http://depositfiles.com/files/rr5swvitm

PS if you get

Error load map file:

./maps/0012940.map

error, please upload you 0012940.map file, possible i found error..
My log file : http://depositfiles.com/files/p0ntlyvo9

is it normal ?

Yes, but i disable this error log in last patch version..