[7428] New .map file format and some fixes

Auntie Mangos

I have tried using the updated maps but keep getting this error when starting server.

2009-03-03 13:57:38 ERROR:Map file '.\\data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

2009-03-03 13:57:38 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path '.\\data/maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in '.\\data/vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I notice someone talking about installing the maps.patch, but don't understand how that is done. Could someone point me in the right direction to correct this problem, so I can do some testing?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried using the updated maps but keep getting this error when starting server.

2009-03-03 13:57:38 ERROR:Map file '.\\data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

You're not using the newest and correct ad.exe to extract. Thats what causes that error.

Using this newest ad.exe (from http://depositfiles.com/files/rr5swvitm

) and re-extracting the map files did not change tthe size or contents of the .map file. I diff'd the files and they were exactly the same.

(new one)

[root@waldo mangos_dk]# ls -al ./maps/0012940.map

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 66886 2009-03-03 12:02 ./maps/0012940.map

(previous one)

[root@waldo mangos_dk]# ls -al ./maps.old2/0012940.map

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 66886 2009-03-03 00:06 ./maps.old2/0012940.map

[root@waldo mangos_dk]# diff ./maps/0012940.map ./maps.old2/0012940.map

[root@waldo mangos_dk]#

Is there anything else I can provide to help troubleshoot? I can setup break points in certain methods if you like and give you variable values if that is of any help.

EDIT:

Opps, I see there is another version out. I will try this new one and repost.

EDIT:

Ok, I tried the newest download from http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/8gxr54z34 however,

is it compatible with my MaNGOS/0.13.0 (* * Revision 7372 - *)?

When i try and load these newest map files I get the following

Map file '/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad

.exe program.

Do I now need to update Mangos also?

Unless I have greatly misunderstood what I am reading in this thread it is for a new ad.exe that is under development. As I posted above I am having problems with the new ad.exe referenced in this thread, I do not have this problem with the published version. Although I am a bit of a noob and still learning which is why I asked if someone could point me in the right direction. My build with 2.0.9 has a problem with lava damage in water which I understand is one of the things that is being address here. I still have not been able to figure out how to use the maps.patch file, so I can test the new ad.exe Dislord is developing.

I did a build last night with MaNGOS/0.13.0-DEV (* * Revision 7373 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon] I will try with 7376 as noted in previous post above.

DiSlord

When I go into Lake Everstill I do get the Breath Timer bar as expected now, nicely done. I do get some errors still and here is some of the extra logging you were looking for

Error wrong map height multiplier

Error loading map height data

Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004831.map

19:51:31 19:51:31 19:51:31 Error wrong map height multiplier

Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004931.map

19:52:02 19:52:02 19:52:02 Error wrong map height multiplier

Error load map file:

/data/mangos_dk/maps/0004932.map

19:52:21 19:52:21 19:52:21 Error wrong map height multiplier

Let me know what else I can do to help test

Detrombly

The work DiSlord is doing on the ad.exe and maps in general does in fact fix the problem where water acts like lava (along with a bunch of others). As you can see by this thread things are still in the development and testing phases and trying to keep up with all the changes might be a pain if you are trying to make this work "as is" with a present running version. One thing you might consider while waiting for this to be accepted into the core is disabling lava damage. I remember seeing a thread where someone said how to do that. I guess what I am saying is the ad.exe and map patches are changing so much right now you might want to wait before trying to insert it into your environment.

thanks,

Shad

DiSlord, how about change:

ERROR:Map file '.\\data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

To:

ERROR:Map file '.\\data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (put version here, ie: 3.0). You need version 3.0.2 Please, create new using ad.exe program.

Shadtews,

Thanks for taking the time for your reply. I see there is a lot of work being done by a handful of people to keep this project going and I appreciate that! I am NOT a programmer, but still would like to be able to make some contributions, even if only minor, to contribute to the projects who's work I am using. I found this thread in my pursuit of an answer to new problems being noticed that reduced playability in the last build I made to update to 3.0.8a. As I do not have the skills to fix this problem myself my interest was both to increase my understanding and if possible to help those that do know how to fix the problem. I am doing my own builds, now, although for me because of my lack of knowledge, a lot of new things I need to learn and understand, there has been fair sized learning curve. Although I am running a server for use by only a few people, I have setup a second server for me to make and test new builds on.

I understand from reading posts on this and other associated boards there is a large number of people just looking to have someone else solve all their problems for them. I personally prefer to understand how things work and be able to solve my own problems, but sometimes I need to ask questions when I do not understand. I did not think my request to be pointed in the right direct was that unreasonable, but for what ever reason it seems I am nearly alone in this opinion. I have noticed a fair number of people that must have seen my posts and surely could have pointed me in the right direct, but for reasons I can only guess at felt my request was not worth their time. Maybe I am missing something in the etiquette of posting.

Away I will continue beating my head against the wall in trying to find a solution as to why I can't seem to get a test server up using the software under development here from information provided in this and other threads on the boards. As I am a systems/network administrator I am quite accustomed to beating my head against the wall or desk or any other hard surface at hand. Maybe I'll even figure out what I'm missing before the new version becomes accepted which will ultimately solve the problem that brought me here in the first place, but not the reason for my posts in this thread.

Had the latest running since yesterday and no errors in the logs and no reports of people being able to breathe underwater without the timer bar showing up, nice job. I only have a handful of player so I will continue to test and if anything new crops up I will post an update. Also, no problems with mobs not aggro'ing properly anymore either, if you attack them and they are high above or below you they now run up to you and attack. No idea if that was related but its gone now.

dtrombley,

Try this and see if this helps

get this obviously http://depositfiles.com/files/y524hv1wr

then on your server (assuming Linux flavor and a mangos home dir of /data/mangos_dk)

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git reset --hard :/[7376]

mkdir src/bindings/ScriptDev2

svn co https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scriptdev2/ src/bindings/ScriptDev2

git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-7356-ScriptDev2.patch

from the bundle above (http://depositfiles.com/files/y524hv1wr) copy the maps.patch file to this directory then

git am maps.patch

autoreconf --install --force

aclocal

autoheader

autoconf

automake --add-missing

automake src/bindings/ScriptDev2/Makefile

mkdir objdir

cd objdir

../configure --prefix=/data/mangos_dk --sysconfdir=/data/mangos_dk/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=/data/mangos_dk

make

make install

Last, use the ad.exe from the http://depositfiles.com/files/y524hv1wr bundle on a client patched to 3.0.9(9551) to extract maps and dbc files and copy them over to your server.

All this assumes you have a good DB up to date and ready to go.

Hope that helps and sorry we misunderstood each other. Hopefully this fantastic fix DiSlord has made will be in the core soon for everyone to enjoy.

Shad

copy the maps.patch file to this directory

The quoted part is what I was asking for. I could not figure out where this went. It looks like there a step after this that you included that I needed know about as well.

Although I am not using Linux with the information you provided I don't see any reason why I will not be able to make a working test server. Although do to noobieness(possible new word) it may take me a couple of tries to get it right.

Thanks again for your time.

Dan

Not store height data in deep ochean (dark water), limit it to -230. Its allow save some memory for maps.

Also use better float->int conversion and get better accuracy (max mistake = 0.002 by my tests)

Some speedup extractor

Now all maps size = 217 Mb

DOWNLOAD

PS need reectract map.