marcelo20xx

Question

After successfully cloning Develop21 from the Github repo and setting a working environment for Visual Studio 2012 under Windows7 SP1 I couldn't compile the sources from scratch with the default options...

The error I get is something related to Bindingmap.h:

1>------ Build started: Project: LuaEngine, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  BattleGroundHooks.cpp
1>  CreatureHooks.cpp
1>  GameObjectHooks.cpp
1>  GossipHooks.cpp
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(269): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '...' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2065: 'T' : undeclared identifier (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before 'const' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2433: 'hash' : 'inline' not permitted on data declarations (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2059: syntax error : ')' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(277): error C2065: 'T' : undeclared identifier (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(277): error C2923: 'std::is_enum' : 'T' is not a valid template type argument for parameter '_Ty' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(277): error C2039: 'type' : is not a member of 'std::enable_if<_Test,_Ty>'
1>          with
1>          [
1>              _Test=false,
1>              _Ty=void
1>          ] (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(279): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(287): error C4519: default template arguments are only allowed on a class template (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(297): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '...' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(298): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'T' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\GossipHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(269): error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '...' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2065: 'T' : undeclared identifier (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before 'const' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2433: 'hash' : 'inline' not permitted on data declarations (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(270): error C2059: syntax error : ')' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(277): error C2065: 'T' : undeclared identifier (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
1>e:\games\wow\server\prereqs\source\server\src\modules\eluna\BindingMap.h(277): error C2923: 'std::is_enum' : 'T' is not a valid template type argument for parameter '_Ty' (E:\Games\WoW\Server\PreReqs\source\server\src\modules\Eluna\CreatureHooks.cpp)
2>------ Build started: Project: mangosd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\modules\Eluna\Release\LuaEngine.lib'
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 21 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

The sources compile fine if I don't include ELUNA on the options...

UPDATE: I managed to compile the source on Visual Studio 2013 as Eluna complained about not being compatible with older VS, the source compiled fine with some warnings on the Bindingmap.h from Eluna but completed successfully without errors...

Then I started the server only to get a World Server crash at the startup, btw this only happens if I set to load Eluna = 1, thanks in advance for any help...

5 answers to this question

I cannot get the Visual Studio to build Win32

20> WorldRunnable.cpp

20> mangosd.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\server\server_build\bin\Release\mangosd.exe

21>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

21> Building Custom Rule C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/server/server/CMakeLists.txt

21> CMake does not need to re-run because C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\server\server_build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.

22>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

22>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration

========== Build: 21 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

This occurs weather I have Elune enabled or disabled

I am using Visual Studio 2013; as I could not get the CMAKE in the Server>win folder to function with 2015.

any feedback would be appreciated

22>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
22>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 21 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

It is completely normal. Get the binaries from the build/Release folder and enjoy.

Exactly, it only crashes the server if I choose to enable Eluna on the mangosd.conf, if I disable it the server startup normally...

I build with the Eluna engine and SD2 support on Visual Studio 2013 under Windows 7 SP1 64bits, the crash occurs exactly when the world server is initializing the Eluna engine (after loading the AHbot lines)...

I already leveled a toon to 35 on rate=1 for XP on the server I mounted from the precompiled August bins for testing the core and I was amazed how much the core has improved since last time I ran a server (2009), almost everything works, now the mobs properly generate movements paths!!!

So I am eagerly awaiting to get a hand on the source, make some custom edits and add my own flavor to the source. I only mount it locally for personal use...

Btw Antz, I very much appreciate the help you are giving me so far thanks!!!

Archived