Crash when try to start the mangosd.exe on develop21.

tiger

Question

I'm using this guide to build my own server by MangosZero project.

https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/Installation%20Guides/Windows/MaNGOS%20Rel21.md

And I'm getting codes by following git commands:

git clone https://github.com/mangoszero/server.git --recursive -b develop21
git clone https://github.com/mangoszero/database.git --recursive -b develop21

All buildings are successfully for database and server.

But I got a problem (server app crashed) when running the mangosd.exe on the win10.

Here is the log on the console:

Creature 27001 used AI is AggressorAI.
Creature 28107 used AI is EventAI.
Creature 28110 used AI is EventAI.
14 GameObjects, 71 Creatures, and 0 Corpses/Bones loaded for grid 1890 on map 1

Player::DeleteOldChars: Deleting all characters which have been deleted 30 days before...

Initialize AuctionHouseBot...
AHBot using configuration file ahbot.conf
AHBOT is Disabled. (If you want to use it please set config in 'ahbot.conf')

C:\Users\tiger\Documents\work\Wow\MangosZero_tiger\Debug>

So I'm trying debug this crash using the Visual Studio 2013, it looks it can't exit when recursively calling hash_helper::hash.

here is the failure call stack for your reference:

mangosd.exe!hash_helper::_hash_combine<enum Hooks::PlayerEvents>(unsigned __int64 & seed, const Hooks::PlayerEvents & v) Line 294	C++
	mangosd.exe!hash_helper::hash<enum Hooks::PlayerEvents>(const Hooks::PlayerEvents & <t_0>) Line 274	C++
	mangosd.exe!hash_helper::_hash_combine<enum Hooks::PlayerEvents>(unsigned __int64 & seed, const Hooks::PlayerEvents & v) Line 294	C++
	mangosd.exe!hash_helper::hash<enum Hooks::PlayerEvents>(const Hooks::PlayerEvents & <t_0>) Line 274	C++

// a lot of these error information

The maximum number of stack frames supported by Visual Studio has been exceeded.	

Thanks,

Tiger

5 answers to this question

Thanks Antz. I'm afraind my studio 2013 is not the latest one.

Since this branch is not working, so I'm trying the another branch release20, it's fine after fixing some SQL problem.

So my question is that why need to make our project so depending on a specific compiler, especially for such big project?

I think it's not a good idea, and I insist that the simple is best, we can inplement such code with simple way.

Thanks,

Tiger

Thanks Antz. I'm afraind my studio 2013 is not the latest one.

Since this branch is not working, so I'm trying the another branch release20, it's fine after fixing some SQL problem.

So my question is that why need to make our project so depending on a specific compiler, especially for such big project?

I think it's not a good idea, and I insist that the simple is best, we can inplement such code with simple way.

Thanks,

Tiger

It has to do with C++11 compatibility, which will be used more and more going forward, as it should be. This is already a "failry old" standard, and has been the standard for the last 5 years, and already superseded by C++14. For this reason, older compilers will slowly be phased out.

May I ask what is preventing you from downloading update 5 of VS2013, I also had a VS2013 that I left at vanilla but went to Microsoft download center and simply downloaded their latest update as an iso in case I reinstall my PC in the future...

Everything compiled fine after I updated my VS installation plus I guess there were many bug fixes and some more optimization made on the update...

Archived