[Solved] Mistakes in Installation Wiki

Tuker

Question

Hi to everybody,

URL of Wiki: getMaNGOS WIKI

GIT Url Used: GitHub - mangoszero/server: Mangos ZERO is a server for World of Warcraft. The server serves full world content including authentication & scripts support. Compatible with World of Warcraft clients 1.12.1(5875), 1.12.2(65) & 1.12.3(6141). Report all issues at https://www.getmangos.eu/project.php?projectid=15 - Playable. In active development.

following steps on Installation of Mangos i noticed the following mistakes or missing parts:

- In the Chapter 'Exctracting Game Data' at step 2 it says to navigate to the path “C:\MangosSource\server\bin”, but there is no 'bin' folder

- At step 10 it says to use 'ExtractResources.sh', that i suppose it should be in 'bin' folder

- In the Chapter 'Compiling the MangosSource Code' i can't find 'mangosdVC*.sln'.

- At step 9 it refers to 'server\src\bindings' but i can't find it.

Hope you could help me finding out where i'm wrong.

I'm on Windows using VS2012

11 answers to this question

I found another way using Rel20 Wiki.

But i found a problem in db_version.sql file, where the required field was filled with and older version, that was preventing mangosd.exe to start.

Fixing it manually make mangos start.

Hope Devs could fix it in repo.

I found another way using Rel20 Wiki.

But i found a problem in db_version.sql file, where the required field was filled with and older version, that was preventing mangosd.exe to start.

Fixing it manually make mangos start.

Hope Devs could fix it in repo.

If i where you i'd use the Dev21 wiki, as not only is it more stable and less buggy.. it is much more easier, simpler and better.

Rel20 isn't really supported since all of the problems in it where fixed in Dev21.

Rel20 is to be dropped soon.

getMaNGOS WIKI

Hi and thanks to everybody for your answers!

I've just downloaded and configure Rel21, but i'm encountering some problems (maybe performance?) with the map-generator. Last night it worked for almost 7hours but it haven't completed (i noticed it was stuck at outputting a 'B' on the screen for at least 1 hour).

So i now closed and restarted.

With the old version o map extractor (included in mangos-zero default branch) it took around 1 hour to complete process.

Can you give me some advice about it? I have a i5 5530p, 8gb ram ddr3 1600cl9 with a Samsung evo 850 250gb, it have enough computing power to done in reasnoable times?

Edit: With the Map 209 it took 1049 seconds (17 minutes) to be done. As i can read by output it was made by 21 tiles.

In total i have 65 maps for a total of 2429 tiles. 2429 / 21 = 115 * 17 (minutes) = 1966 minutes = 33 hours of expcted elaboration?

Hi and thanks to everybody for your answers!

I've just downloaded and configure Rel21, but i'm encountering some problems (maybe performance?) with the map-generator. Last night it worked for almost 7hours but it haven't completed (i noticed it was stuck at outputting a 'B' on the screen for at least 1 hour).

So i now closed and restarted.

With the old version o map extractor (included in mangos-zero default branch) it took around 1 hour to complete process.

Can you give me some advice about it? I have a i5 5530p, 8gb ram ddr3 1600cl9 with a Samsung evo 850 250gb, it have enough computing power to done in reasnoable times?

Edit: With the Map 209 it took 1049 seconds (17 minutes) to be done. As i can read by output it was made by 21 tiles.

In total i have 65 maps for a total of 2429 tiles. 2429 / 21 = 115 * 17 (minutes) = 1966 minutes = 33 hours of expcted elaboration?

The maps have always extracted quickly for me (typically less then 1-2 minutes)... the MMAPS are the ones that can take a day or two or more.

If the maps are extracting that slowly, then there may be an issue.

The maps have always extracted quickly for me (typically less then 1-2 minutes)... the MMAPS are the ones that can take a day or two or more.

If the maps are extracting that slowly, then there may be an issue.

In fact, you are right! it was my mistake, i have to be more accurate.

The ones it takes so much time are MMAPS.

Thanks for your Help!

OT: just one question, i've searched about Scripted Boss to know if thery are working just as on Old Official Servers, but i cant figure out if they are correctly scripted. What about that?

In regards to scripts, there is a header comment in most scripts describing what is wrong/not working.

OT: just one question, i've searched about Scripted Boss to know if thery are working just as on Old Official Servers, but i cant figure out if they are correctly scripted. What about that?

In regards to scripts, there is a header comment in most scripts describing what is wrong/not working.

Archived