Jump to content
  • 0

Trying to set up new mangos three rel21 install, extractor seemingly unable to extract 5301243.map, can't boot mangosd.



Hi. I'm using linux, I just compiled Mangos Three, the develop21 branch, using the temporary compile/install documentation. I'm having two problems, one of which seems more pressing at the moment than the other.

The client files I have are the ones I got from using https://github.com/mangostools/MangosWoWRegeneration

These seem to mostly work okay, except the extraction seems to have problems. DBC extraction goes fine. Map extraction seems to have trouble finding Zul'Gurub, but finishes and reports that it completed. However, when I fire up mangosd it says

Check existing of map file '/opt/mangos/data/maps/5301243.map': not exist!

which doesn't really help me as I've got the files from a clean source and am following everything I should and I still don't have the file. I have a total of 6030 map files, but nothing beginning with "530".

You might ask why I'm running without vmaps/mmaps, which is a good question with a simple answer:

root@tangent:/srv/main/WoW434# ./vmap-extractor
 Beginning work ....
Loading common MPQ files
Loaded ./Data/art.MPQ
Scanned 206509 files, found patch = 0
Loaded ./Data/expansion1.MPQ
Scanned 219886 files, found patch = 0
Loaded ./Data/expansion2.MPQ
Segmentation fault

running gdb on vmap-extractor during said segmentation fault gives the following backtrace:

#0  strlen () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/strlen.S:106
#1  0x0000000000422e33 in StringCatA(char*, char const*, unsigned long) ()
#2  0x000000000041686c in DoMPQSearch_FileEntry(TMPQSearch*, _SFILE_FIND_DATA*, _TMPQArchive*, _TMPQHash*, _TFileEntry*) ()
#3  0x0000000000416b46 in DoMPQSearch(TMPQSearch*, _SFILE_FIND_DATA*) ()
#4  0x0000000000416deb in SFileFindNextFile ()
#5  0x000000000040f038 in LoadCommonMPQFiles(unsigned int) ()
#6  0x000000000040b101 in main ()

So, having gotten nowhere with that I've been trying to run with them disabled just to see if I could get something working for now, but yeah... Nada.

Any tips/hints/something I'm missing?

Should I go back to master branch for now, or is there something wrong with my client files, despite downloading them from blizzard? If the latter, where *should* I download them from? Most torrents I can find for 4.3.4 have been *cough* modified. I actually tried the "ad.exe" from "extractor_binary" from the master branch on my windows machine and that crashed on loading expansion1.MPQ on the same dataset, but not before generating a completely identical set of DBCs to what I have now.a

Honestly, half the reason I even tried the rel21 branch despite knowing it's still in heavy development is because the wiki that everything refers to seems to have been emptied of guides for installing the master branch :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

This error indicates that you have an incomplete client which is quite common for Cata and beyond (due to blizz's streaming update system).

- The best way to attempt to fix this is to use MaNGOSWowRegenerator (https://github.com/mangostools/MangosWoWRegeneration)

This will repair / re-download the missing data - be warned, it can take a while

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use