Mangos one - ready to play?

amaroc

Question

Hi guys! I am newbie in Mangos and wow private server administration, but i player with more then 10 years expierience in WoW on private and official servers.

Today i download and installed Mangos One for Windows, runed server, and as i see all work good enough, but i dont have too much time how before in my 15 old years,  to test many aspect of the game on this server. And dont have friends with wich one i can test it. Today i run to Karazhan and http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15691/the-curator#english-comments (Curator) summon 30-40 spirits in Evocation stage, and this stage was too short like 1 sec (maybe this bug maybe not, but i tried to kill them all by .damage 1000000 macro, and they appear and appear one by one with interval 1 sec.).

So my question is:
1. If compare Hellground.pl (i dont play long time on feenix\archangel so dont know quality), and this server out of box (i mean https://www.getmangos.eu/downloads/category/2-mangos-one/ ) with ScriptDev3 (as i understand). If official BC is 100% worked and playeble, Hellground say 90+% (as i think, there is combat bug all time... many years )... and how much  mangos-one wich i download have playeble percent?) I mean work of quests, properly NPC behavior in PVE events (karazhan, bt, hydjal, sunwel, ssc etc?), 5 ppl man instance, bg, arena etc....

2. When i played on Fenix (Archangel) there was a big diference beetwen Fenix, and Hellground, on Fenix Curator in Karazhan was super flexible, and we trying to kill him many times (epir-kara +- raid). But on Hellground it`s feeling much easer even without BT\SWP players and others. So my second question, how to "regulate" this "hardcore" mode? And in wich "mode" mangos-one by default in mode "ready to sunwell" - i mean all mobs in kara etc  are nerfed? What i need to do if i want recreate atmosphere when karazhan is available, or SSC, before all this bad nerfs ;) What i need to do with server, or data base? 

3. Can you give me advice, where i can find web service (i mean files like phpBB2.zip ;), not apache24 ;) or hosting) for players, wich contains ready to use registation, maybe login for changing password, maybe donations and others functions.

4. If playeble status on this server wich i downloaded bellow 80%+, what i need to do to make it work better, i mean i need by customized DB wich cost money (if yes, how much +- just your suggestion), or what i need to do else for improving it. 

5. I run server on Win8, and i look on CPU and MEMory, and there is no "big" process or memory usage (maybe thats becouse i play alone on this server now) by realmd or mangosd. So my question is:  what is general on Server with mangos with high online? Can u give me priority: fast HDD or better SDD?  Big SDD or HDD.  16gb or 32 gb memory. 32 or 64 bit server better (i think 64 better but need more memory right?). How many core on processor i must have? Exist formula like: 1 player online = 5 mb RAM, 10 mb hdd, etc? 
Sorry if too many questions - it`s just so exited ! ;) And btw sorry for my good english. 

9 answers to this question

First Hello and welcome to MaNGOS, I will do my best to assist with what I can. 

1. If compare Hellground.pl (i dont play long time on feenix\archangel so dont know quality), and this server out of box (i mean https://www.getmangos.eu/downloads/category/2-mangos-one/ ) with ScriptDev3 (as i understand). If official BC is 100% worked and playeble, Hellground say 90+% (as i think, there is combat bug all time... many years )... and how much  mangos-one wich i download have playeble percent?) I mean work of quests, properly NPC behavior in PVE events (karazhan, bt, hydjal, sunwel, ssc etc?), 5 ppl man instance, bg, arena etc....

Mangos One is not my strongest area, but from my experience I would say that it stacks up there with the 90% range.  With the multiple cores that are worked on here vs. A server that is dedicated to one core and its server/database is worked on exclusively, things can fall behind in some area or look worse than what they really are.
An example, A fix for a specific NPC  would be submitted as a Mangos Two update, but not be added to Mangos One for an unknown amount of time if no one catches it. 

If your looking for the most current updates, I would suggest learning how to get and compile your own mangos server. There are a few guides and help threads that can get you started. 

2. When i played on Fenix (Archangel) there was a big diference beetwen Fenix, and Hellground, on Fenix Curator in Karazhan was super flexible, and we trying to kill him many times (epir-kara +- raid). But on Hellground it`s feeling much easer even without BT\SWP players and others. So my second question, how to "regulate" this "hardcore" mode? And in wich "mode" mangos-one by default in mode "ready to sunwell" - i mean all mobs in kara etc  are nerfed? What i need to do if i want recreate atmosphere when karazhan is available, or SSC, before all this bad nerfs ;) What i need to do with server, or data base? 

Yes it is very likely that a server has been altered in some form or another making their own "custom" content. With mangos we try to add content that is official or "Blizz like" when making updates. I found creating custom content and editing current data on a local server to be very informative in learning what does what. 
Depending on how much you want to edit an NPC, I would suggest starting with this  creature_template table.

3. Can you give me advice, where i can find web service (i mean files like phpBB2.zip ;), not apache24 ;) or hosting) for players, wich contains ready to use registation, maybe login for changing password, maybe donations and others functions.

Its been ages that I have done anything with web hosting and design, perhaps @antz, would be the most knowledgeable.

4. If playeble status on this server wich i downloaded bellow 80%+, what i need to do to make it work better, i mean i need by customized DB wich cost money (if yes, how much +- just your suggestion), or what i need to do else for improving it.

I apologies but i am not sure what you want to know here. If you could clarify a bit....?

5. I run server on Win8, and i look on CPU and MEMory, and there is no "big" process or memory usage (maybe thats becouse i play alone on this server now) by realmd or mangosd. So my question is:  what is general on Server with mangos with high online? Can u give me priority: fast HDD or better SDD?  Big SDD or HDD.  16gb or 32 gb memory. 32 or 64 bit server better (i think 64 better but need more memory right?). How many core on processor i must have? Exist formula like: 1 player online = 5 mb RAM, 10 mb hdd, etc? 

I currently run a dedicated server for the wife, 3 friends, my dad and myself with the following on a pc thats about 6-8 years old:

• RAM: 8gb
  • CPU i7 quad core
  • Standard 2tb HDD

This is on the same ISP line that is used by our two primary computers and other devices. After the holidays, I will be building dedicated and much smaller machine to run the server (Rather than a full tower next to my feet). I will be doing away with the HDD and will run off an SSD, 16gb RAM duel/quad core depending on how much cash I have on hand.

I wouldn't go anything less than duel core.

Sorry if too many questions - it`s just so exited ! ;) And btw sorry for my good english. 

Its fine, never to many questions its how you learn. And believe me, when I first started playing around with Mangos ( well before my I want to learn phase) I was just as excited.
Your english? Compared to my hand writing you did GREAT!!!!!

I hope I was able to help you with your endeavors. Please feel free to ask more questions as you think of them.

1 hour ago, Necrovoice said:

Your english? Compared to my hand writing you did GREAT!!!!!

I hope I was able to help you with your endeavors. Please feel free to ask more questions as you think of them.

Thank you for answers, it`s so fast and so great. And thank you for my english =)

I currently run a dedicated server for the wife, 3 friends, my dad and myself with the following on a pc thats about 6-8 years old:

• RAM: 8gb
  • CPU i7 quad core
  • Standard 2tb HDD

This is on the same ISP line that is used by our two primary computers and other devices. After the holidays, I will be building dedicated and much smaller machine to run the server (Rather than a full tower next to my feet). I will be doing away with the HDD and will run off an SSD, 16gb RAM duel/quad core depending on how much cash I have on hand.

I wouldn't go anything less than duel core.

Yes looks like enough for 5 players, but i intersted in limits for "normal" playong for each user, i mean how many resourse one player can take while he in online like that:
1 average player: average 30 mb on hard drive, 20 MB RAM, etc.

I have dual core dedicated home server 2 core, 250 gb and 2 or 3gb ddr2, running on FreeBSD10.3 but i have one trouble i dont knew how to compile it (yes i saw many "guides"), but i think they are too old, and many things goes wrong with new version, but i try it`s very intersting "learning project" for me.

And another question, as i understand compiled version wich on zip archieve on this site (it`s for Win or Debian\Bubuntu), i cant use on my freebsd machine ? Or i can but i need compile all, and then use mysql install scrypts etc?

I apologies but i am not sure what you want to know here. If you could clarify a bit....?

I mean this server mangos one + scripts + db, requiere a full support, and constant work on it (compile,recompile, bug-fixes etc), or exist customized files (like on archangel\hellground) not on public for sale maybe , wich can improve game expirience for players, where 99% boss in PVE content works perfect+-.

5 hours ago, madmax said:

I have passed this onto @Necrovoice, hopefully he will be able to assist :)

Thank you! He did it ;)

And another question: for what need movemap-generator (mmaps) i started server without this files from this generator, and looks like all works fine. But from description of this generator it`s take a long time, if it is so much important data why i dont feel diference in game expirience?

So lets jorney begin ! :0

The breakdown of what specs are best is beyond my knowledge sadly.

I believe this is the most updated guide, but it will get you from point A to point B  with installing and compiling the server.

Install server guide

once the server is compiled, it should work on the system you have....again, technical working not something I work with. 

The server is a work in progress, Scripting, database, and core code. So yes  things do require continues recompiling as core/ScrepDev2/tool updates are rolled out. SQL updates are updated directly to the Database and do not require a recompile in most cases. 

The best and most beneficial way to make Mangos complete would be to share your work. Fix something? Get it added to the github repository so all can benefit. Other than that, Having a 100% perfect server will take time and work to complete.  

11 minutes ago, Necrovoice said:

The best and most beneficial way to make Mangos complete would be to share your work. Fix something? Get it added to the github repository so all can benefit. Other than that, Having a 100% perfect server will take time and work to complete.  

Thank you, unfortunaly i am not C++ programmist, just newbie in java and python, and have some skills in sql + server administration. Maybe  i can give more help with report bugs on pve events, if i found something. 

On 15.12.2016 at 9:23 PM, Necrovoice said:

Your welcome. If you have need any more help with anything please feel free to ask. If you need to report an issue such as a bug or error, you can do that over on the tracker.

Hello Necrovoice again! I have problem with Curator (Karazhan Mob). Firstable i would say that i use 2 servers, and test it on it:
Freebsd server with mangos dev 21 scriptdev3 (as i understand)
and Windows precompiled server 21000 with sd3 too.

So i have trouble with Curator, he cast Evocation every second, and after it summon new mobs. It`s must be " chaneled" spell... for 20 second, but it appears and disapear... And we get instant wipe if it normal raid without gm hacks. Where i can find this bug and try to fix it? It`s requiere recomile server? I trying to look at DB - there is only link on spell, but spells as i understand in DBC format and. And another thing i trying to look on scriptdev3 karazhan_curator.cpp  file to see scenarios, and there is looks like all oke, there comment about "spamm adds after evocation etc... but it works so bad ;) It would be good example for me to understand how to fix it.

UPDATE: so i decide to test this bug and "change" some value in boss_curator.cpp:

Spoiler

if (DoCastSpellIfCan(m_creature, SPELL_EVOCATION, CAST_INTERRUPT_PREVIOUS) == CAST_OK)
                            {
                                DoScriptText(SAY_EVOCATE, m_creature);
                                // this small delay should make first flare appear fast after evocate, and also prevent possible spawn flood
                                m_uiFlareTimer = 20000; // I change this value from 1000 to 20000.
                            }
                            return;

And as i expect, when boss get 0% mana he spawn adds slowly in 20 times, before he spammed it one in second. But he dosnt cast evocation in chanaling mode, as i see this spell "not chanaled" on TBC base (like wowhead), its  "instant" (as i understand: http://wowroad.info/?spell=30254 (Evocation sorry for russian db ;),   Sofort   - it`s instant right?  

Maybe problem in this part of code:

Spoiler

// Also interrupt evocation
                    m_creature->RemoveAurasDueToSpell(SPELL_EVOCATION);

if (DoCastSpellIfCan(m_creature, SPELL_BERSERK, CAST_INTERRUPT_PREVIOUS) == CAST_OK)

Any body can summon curator and test it how it works?

.add npc 15691

And use it for immortal on self :

.aura 34309
.aura 34306
.aura 34307
.aura 39804
.aura 34308
.aura 34311
.aura 34184

I think maybe problem not in bocc_curator.cpp maybe problem in my dbc files i extracted it from Hellground client, wich as i understand a little bit "modified'. So any suggestion ? ) 
UPD: i learned  .learn 30254 (spell wich boss used to regen mana by my mage, and my mage did the same that did boss, shor cast (not chaneled), and stop cast, and not get regen of mana, so statestment repeat every time that boss not have mana, and summon each time new mobs. Now i realy think that problem in my dbc files... someone can confirm\test boss please if he have not hellground client?

---
And my second problem, today i try to compile server from zero again (on freebsd) and get strange error about realmd, my commands:

mkdir mango

cd mango 

git clone --recursive https://github.com/mangosone/server.git server

mkdir build

cd server

git clone --recursive https://github.com/mangos/ScriptDev3/ src/bindings/scripts
cd ../build

cmake ../server -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangos1 -DINCLUDE_BINDINGS_DIR=scripts

and i got this error:

Spoiler

-- Looking for 8 include files dlfcn.h, ..., float.h - found
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:51 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/home/amaroc/testing/mangos/server/src/realmd

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/amaroc/testing/mangos/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

And i have another question and my opinion, today i played with players (10 ppl)  in zulaman \ karazhan, i found to many bugs:
1. problem with invite new players to raid, they came to instance and dont see us, if we have CD allready.

2. problem with "summoning" mini-pets\guaridans  bombs(i saw one man call something like 20-30 pets for doing solo 5 ppl ;) He said "ofc i cheater becouse u use build server from internet";) but its not a big problem...

3.  sometimes we dont get a loot from boss

4. people get disconect and freeze (cant move)

5. to many "general" quests dont work in BC content, in auchenai for Free Lakki in Setek Halls

6. Devistate dont aply sunder armor effect (only refresh it)...

7. to many not worked quests

And it only for one played day with 10 ppl, what will heppen if it be 50-100 ) and if we will test all BC content...
So it`s looks like good "base" for big command with pro developers and time to fix it all. I just cant understand how this "bugs" can exist on so "old" project and content?  Today discovered another version oregoncore (fork?) of mangos\trinity idk exactly what is it, but i build and compile it on my windows machine, so why is it heppen? There is more good code ? Or it`s depends on scripts\database? Can i aply it on mangos server?

The original topic of this threat was answered. Going to close and move accordingly.   Please direct all bugs and issues to the correct area in the tracker.

When added something to the tracker please, please, please make the post with as much detailed information as possible that you may have on hand to help us better investigate and correct what might be wrong.
Thank you.

Archived