Crashing when teleporting

lurr

Question

12 answers to this question

The team have gathered a crash dump from this server which we have investigated.

A bug report detailing everything and cause is in the tracker: 

This topic is being closed as it has moved into a bug report. Thanks to @lurr for the report and allowing me to debug his server.

7 minutes ago, lurr said:

I found this https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/3953

Seems to be about the same thing, kinda. No idea.

Hey,

What you need to do to debug this, generate the source as normal using easybuild or cmake in release. In visual studio build with "Release with debug".

Once you have the server running you can load up visual studio and under the debug menu attach visual studio to the mangos process. When it crashes click break and then one of the menus should have the option to save the dump file.

If you like i would be happy to try all this over teamviewer with you, do you have skype or discord?

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Hey,

What you need to do to debug this, generate the source as normal using easybuild or cmake in release. In visual studio build with "Release with debug".

Once you have the server running you can load up visual studio and under the debug menu attach visual studio to the mangos process. When it crashes click break and then one of the menus should have the option to save the dump file.

If you like i would be happy to try all this over teamviewer with you, do you have skype or discord?

Sent a PM to you.

The server ran fine for a good 5+ hours, thought the problem was fixed by removing the portals. But suddenly it came back. The last time i was in Karazhan, teleporting to Tyr's Hand and then it just crashed. 

But i don't think it's a certain place that causes the crash, as i said before the crashes are random. Strange.

Archived