No bin folders

hsoares

Question

Hello.

I'm new to compiling and such, but I believe I have an issue.

When following the steps on:

after Easy Build generates the build folder, nothing happens. Visual won't open as it suggest it should, and there is no bin folders, or debug or release.

ZRlWHpE.png

PS: My windows is 32 bit, so I only installed 32bit OpenSSL and MySQL.

14 answers to this question

On easybuild, untick the 'Open Solution' option, this will keep easybuild open and you will be able to look in the log to see any additional error messages.

Also.... If you are building using VS2015.... did you follow steps 3 & 4 properly

1 hour ago, antz said:

On easybuild, untick the 'Open Solution' option, this will keep easybuild open and you will be able to look in the log to see any additional error messages.

Also.... If you are building using VS2015.... did you follow steps 3 & 4 properly

I did indeed follow step 3 and 4 accordingly.

Easybuild doesn't close weather the option is ticked or not :(

This is the Easybuild log displayed after generating the files.

This script builds the MaNGOS server.
  Options that can be used in order to configure the process:
   General:
    CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX    Path where the server should be installed to
    CONF_DIR                Path to the configs, can be absolute or relative.
    DEBUG                   Debug mode (strict compile, all warnings)
    ACE_USE_EXTERNAL        Use external ACE
    BUILD_MANGOSD           Build the main server
    BUILD_REALMD            Build the login server
    BUILD_TOOLS             Build the map/vmap/mmap extractors
    SOAP                    Enable remote access via SOAP
   Scripting engines:
    SCRIPT_LIB_ELUNA        Compile with support for Eluna scripts
    SCRIPT_LIB_SD3          Compile with support for ScriptDev3 scripts
   Modules:
    PLAYERBOTS              Enable Player Bots
  To set an option simply type -D<OPTION>=<VALUE> after 'cmake <srcs>'.
  Also, you can specify the generator with -G. see 'cmake --help' for more details
  For example: cmake .. -DDEBUG=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangos

Note: On UNIX systems, CONF_DIR is relative to the bin folder. CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND. Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files: LIB_EAY_DEBUG (ADVANCED)     linked by target "realmd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/realmd     linked by target "mangosd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/mangosd LIB_EAY_RELEASE (ADVANCED)     linked by target "realmd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/realmd     linked by target "mangosd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/mangosd SSL_EAY_DEBUG (ADVANCED)     linked by target "realmd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/realmd     linked by target "mangosd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/mangosd SSL_EAY_RELEASE (ADVANCED)     linked by target "realmd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/realmd     linked by target "mangosd" in directory C:/Users/Hugo/Desktop/Mangos_Files/serverZero/src/mangosd

7 hours ago, antz said:

The log looks like it's saying openssl is not installed correctly - please note that version 1.1.0 is not supported.

Hello. 

Sorry for the late response, I had to step away from my computer for a while.

I uninstalled 1.1.0 and installed the OpenSSL provided in the EasyBuild folder and it worked like a charm.

Now I'm just waiting until the dbc and maps, mmaps and vmaps extraction is complete. 

One more question: How would I go about on making a custom item, a flask that increases XP by, say, 300% for one hour? What should I read in order to be able to achieve this?

Thank you very much for your help!

2 hours ago, antz said:

did you build mangos in debug or release ?

- the extraction tools should always be built in release, debug can take 300-400 times longer

and if you built with eluna / sd3 activated, all the boss scripting will be enabled

Ops. My bad. I thought it didn't matter because on Easybuild it was on Release. I just noticed it was on Debug on Visual Studio. Missed that...

Still, how long more or less should it take?

I do believe I had those Eluna and SD3 ticked on, but how do I go from there? Do I manually spawn the npc, or is there an event for it?

Hello. I did that, and in few minutes I found myself extracting the stuff again, in release. Then, I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was all extracted, I slapped it into the server folder and started realmd and mangosd.

It worked, but I got a couple of errors that were thrown into world-database.log. What do they mean and how would I go on about fixing them?

Is it just SQL queries that I need to dump onto the DB or something more?

Are these 'game breaking' bugs that would make the server unstable i.e. such as crashing the character and client when attacking x mob?

2017-03-18 18:01:32 You have not updated the core for few DB [World] updates!
2017-03-18 18:01:32 Current DB content is 14, core expects 2
2017-03-18 18:01:32 This is ok for now but should not last long.
2017-03-18 18:02:06 Table `creature` have creature (Entry: 7017) with equipment_id 627 not found in table `creature_equip_template` or `creature_equip_template_raw`, set to no equipment.
2017-03-18 18:02:06 Table `creature` have creature (GUID: 590078 Entry: 14524) with `creature_template`.`RegenerateStats` & REGEN_FLAG_HEALTH and low current health (10110), `creature_template`.`MinLevelHealth`=10111.
2017-03-18 18:02:06 Table `creature` have creature (Entry: 7017) with equipment_id 627 not found in table `creature_equip_template` or `creature_equip_template_raw`, set to no equipment.
2017-03-18 18:02:06 Table `creature` have creature (GUID: 590079 Entry: 14525) with `creature_template`.`RegenerateStats` & REGEN_FLAG_HEALTH and low current health (10110), `creature_template`.`MinLevelHealth`=10111.
2017-03-18 18:02:06 Table `creature` have creature (GUID: 590080 Entry: 14526) with `creature_template`.`RegenerateStats` & REGEN_FLAG_HEALTH and low current health (10110), `creature_template`.`MinLevelHealth`=10111.
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Gossip menu option (MenuId: 51002 Id: 0) have action_menu_id = 14323 for nonexistent menu
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Gossip menu option (MenuId: 51003 Id: 0) have action_menu_id = 14321 for nonexistent menu
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Gossip menu option (MenuId: 51004 Id: 0) have action_menu_id = 14326 for nonexistent menu
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Table `db_scripts [type = 2]` contains unused script, id 510021.
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Table `db_scripts [type = 2]` contains unused script, id 510031.
2017-03-18 18:02:29 Table `db_scripts [type = 2]` contains unused script, id 510041.

Archived