The mangos server is not build, cannot extract data

Yutsa

Question

Hello again,

I fixed my previous issue with building MaNGOS Zero, but now I have an issue when trying to extract Data.

I have a folder "WoW_1.12" in "/media/edouard/Data".

I built and installed the Zero (I followed the install script). So at this point I checked and I have the following structure in my "zero/" folder :

5904a10e5b15b_Capturedcrande2017-04-2916-19-35.png.0f1015294e20230b0d12aa96202bf757.png

When they ask me the path to my game directory I tried : "/media/edouard/Data/WoW_1.12/" and also "/media/edouard/Data/" but both failed.

What am I doing wrong ? I'm on Debian Testing.

8 answers to this question

Okay I managed to fix it. I don't know what happened, but anytime I built and installed from the "getmangos.sh" script it wouldn't create the "bin/tools" folder. I compiled and installed manually and it worked. I just have to fix an issue with "libace.so" because when I moved files I didn't put it in the right place. I'll edit this post when everything will be working fine.

EDIT: Everything is working, I just had to build it manually and not from the script. On a side note, how would I be able to make it available for friends to test things with me ? I should juste change the ip in the conf files to my IP ?

I copied it in "/home/mangos/WoW_1.12" it is detected as default by the installer but I still get the same error  "The mangos server is not build, cannot extract data"

I looked inside the script and the error comes from here : 

if [ ! -d "$INSTPATH/bin/tools" ]; then
    Log "The mangos server is not build, cannot extract data" 1
    exit 1
  fi

And indeed, I just rebuilt and reinstalled (still using the installer) and I don't have a "bin/tools" directory. But it don't have any errors during build or installation though...

Archived