How good is it working (mangosthree)?

Elowan

Question

hello,

I may ask, how "playable" is "three" aka cataclysm right now? AFAIR, cata was very event-driven and so on - does the content work so far?
Or is it more like "you can get to character screen and that´s nearly about it!" ?

Cheers!

7 answers to this question

No private server or server core is going to be 100% working. You can assume that there is a lot more information available in regards to Cataclysm though, so things such as values and locations are very easy to fix. However, the complexity of scripting was also raised, and that is something that is not always easy to fix or copy.

Ah, ok - I see!

I just wanted to know, if it´s "worth" to invest time playing with this and if the experience is ok (gameplay wise). I would not bother with this, if "three" would be known to be "just about 30% of events/quests are working" or even "not working at all". So I wanted some feedback, if you can actually login in and "play" mostly, like you would on a blizzard server, back then.

No need for 100%, but like 80%+ or so would be great!

Cheers

So "cata" is latest - but not greatest, I guess ;)

I was assuming it will be the expansion, that gets most work and dev right now, because it´s the client for the latest Mangos core.
Or is there a WoD or even Legion core around, now?

Cheers!

As we are a small team we have been focussing on getting MangosZero to MangosThree cleaned up and tidy. This work is almost complete !

After that we are going to pick up the specific changes made to mangosFour (Mop) and apply them to a copied Mangos Three and give us an upto date version of Four.
- beyond that, its a repeating process. There is not currently a version of Mangos for WOD or Legion, but hopefully soon

However, if someone wants to take on the challenge of these, please contact me direct and we can work out a plan :P

Antz

Archived