Playerbot

iltuocapo

Question

24 answers to this question

Wait a sec :) I suspect playerbot code is not included in my build.

Inside /home/mangos/zero/src/server/linux/src/modules there is no "bot" subfolder idd.

How should I proceed? I built my Zero from getmangos.sh, nothing different...

Thanks in advance for help

U

Ok I got the story now.

1) SOAP option *is* included. It is not visible because (on my terminal) the list is too long and it goes beyond the "TTY FRAME" bottom edge. If you scroll down with the arrows lo! it comes up.

2) BOT *is not* included.

BUT !!! I found an old post on this topic where Tal' was giving instructions on how to amend getmangos.sh to add this option.

I applied those. All went well and I also found a bug in there :)  In the new proposed cmake syntax the added -PLAYERBOTS= option should have just one "-" before it, not 2

Building as I write, I'll keep you posted :)

The whole thing recompiled properly.

BUT

1) Unlike before, when I start the server the AHBOT seems not to be working anymore. I mean, it is built, but .ahbot status gives me 0 auctions up. Prior to this rebuild it created the supposed amount of auctions at server starti.

2) Oddly enough, if I type .help from my test char, I get  a ".ahbot ..." item at the top of the list, and ANOTHER ".ahbot" (without the ellipses) at the end of the list, right after ".bot".

3) How do I manage (player)bots ?? Which commands do I send, how do I create them etcetc?

Ciao

U

I managed to start PLAYERBOT

I still have very little clue on how to "use" the bots in game

But I have a major problem in the meanwhile: while the module is active, it rapidly "eats" all available RAM on the server.

Eventually RAM usage reaches 100% and the process quits.

Without "any" activity from the client.

Any clue about this?

Thanks

U

I made a simple test: disabled playerbot, launched ZERO, left instance up without any client connected.

Memory used by mangosd upon startup let's say "X"

Then I went to sleep

8-9 hours later, memory used by mangosd grew to approx "1.5 X"

Is this normal?

Does this happen until a ceiling limit, then it stabilises?

Any experiences here?

Thanks

U

Hello,

I don't have experience with playerbots but I see two potential reasons for this:

- Live bots needs to be managed, on top of the creatures and the maps

- There could be memory leak into the playerbots module.

So, at a first sight, I would say this could be logic.

Tal'

About the configuration file as a service, this is the "Initialize" method of playerbots:

if (!config.SetSource(SYSCONFDIR"aiplayerbot.conf"))
    {
        sLog.outString("AI Playerbot is Disabled. Unable to open configuration file aiplayerbot.conf");
        return false;
    }

Therefore, it's not made for such start out of the installation directory and this is sad. :(

AHBot is and can be triggered via the option -a at startup.

Tal'

1 hour ago, Talendrys said:

Hello,

I don't have experience with playerbots but I see two potential reasons for this:

- Live bots needs to be managed, on top of the creatures and the maps

- There could be memory leak into the playerbots module.

So, at a first sight, I would say this could be logic.

Tal'

Makes sense. 

On 1gb ram, 50 Bots eventually flow over  and kill the process. But this may be because their physiological need "à régime" may be 1.1gb. 

I'll try to

- allocate less bots

- allocate more ram

And see if they stabilize eventually. 

If not, it's a leak

47 minutes ago, Talendrys said:

About the configuration file as a service, this is the "Initialize" method of playerbots:

if (!config.SetSource(SYSCONFDIR"aiplayerbot.conf"))
    {
        sLog.outString("AI Playerbot is Disabled. Unable to open configuration file aiplayerbot.conf");
        return false;
    }

Therefore, it's not made for such start out of the installation directory and this is sad. :(

AHBot is and can be triggered via the option -a at startup.

Tal'

Got it. 

But this should mean that a workaround might be copy-paste the contents of aiplayerbots.Conf at the end of abbot.conf. 

Then, playerbots would enable / disable depending on the setting inside the file. 

I'll try, worst case it won't work :)

How do I "know the value of SYSCONFDIR"?

3 hours ago, Talendrys said:

Nope, putting values at the end won't work. But knowing the value of SYSCONFDIR while running the processes as a service could help you locating it.

Also adding extra options to add the playerbots conf. file as a parameter is also a good idea.

Tal'

Archived