The Kessel Run

Nightrider84

Question

So the quest #9663 you need to run to each npc and greet them to warn them about the attack. So when you right click the npc they dont respond or they give some random text that doesn't have anything to do with the quest. So just wondering where I would look to get them to respond and trigger the objective complete for the quest. NPC's are 17440 17116 17240

Thanks

11 answers to this question

The required scheme is fully supported by the database, no need for another scripting engine. We need 1) a different text to be displayed when the player is on the quest, 2) to give the QC under the same condition (in case the mechanic does not require a gossip menu option with a text like "I warn you about...").

This is a quick analysis and brief results description.

SELECT * FROM `creature_template` WHERE `entry` IN (17440,17116,17240);
SELECT * FROM `gossip_menu` WHERE `entry` IN (7370,7399,7434);
SELECT * FROM `conditions` WHERE `condition_entry`=1058;
SELECT * FROM `db_scripts` WHERE `id`=7370 AND `script_type`=2;
SELECT * FROM `quest_template` WHERE `entry`=9663;

1. Gossips are enabled for the NPCs and have id's used in the next command.

2. There are different text versions actually displayed under some condition, namely, 1058. Also the gossip script 7370 is supposed to run.

3. The condition means "you're mounted on the elekk", which is not as good as "you have incomplete quest", but acceptable anyway.

4. The script gives a KC like "killing" the NPC you talk to.

5. The quest (RequiredCreatureOrGoIdX) requires the same 3 KCs.

So, at a quick glance, the scheme should work as is (except some gossip menu options out of this analysis displayed unconditionally, which is wrong). Didn't you use the elekk provided by the quest starter?

1 hour ago, Olion said:

5. The quest (RequiredCreatureOrGoIdX) requires the same 3 KCs.

I have 3 different creatures listed in my DB,.17440,17116,17240.. respectively

1 hour ago, Olion said:

Didn't you use the elekk provided by the quest starter?

Correct, When you pick up this quest the spell 31973 is cast on you.

You need to be mounted on the elekk for the gossip and/credit. If you click off the buff or loose it for some other reason you are unable to warn the 3 NPCs required for the quest and must retake abandon and retake the quest.

It seems to work  for me, but I went ahead and ran a clean up on gossip_menu and will push it soon once all is resolved here. :)

5 minutes ago, Necrovoice said:

I have 3 different creatures listed in my DB,.17440,17116,17240.. respectively

You could see the same mobs listed in the original report as the quest targets "to be warned".

You need to be mounted on the elekk for the gossip and/credit. If you click off the buff or loose it for some other reason you are unable to warn the 3 NPCs required for the quest and must retake abandon and retake the quest.

If it was intended by the blizz, then ok. But the scheme with changed condition (for the incomplete quest) looks more logical.

So It looks like for some reason maybe my database because its at 21 8 10, I dont think it has the kessel run fix. I did run the installdatabases to update it but it didn't update anything new even thow it says im suppose to be at 21 8 12 so maybe I need to do them manually? I haven't done manual updates before so if someone could give me any info id appreciate it.

Also on a side note im a retard, apparently the fix I updated last time did do the trick so the kessel run is working now. But the DB issue is still there for updating.

Archived