Update from Magnos Zero to One of Two

Lenwe606

Question

Hi,

I have installed the zero server and it's working well (thanks for the great effort making this). But now i've been thinking that when i'm 60 (and done the most of the things) i want to go to tbc. 
Is it easy to upgrade to mangos one server (and possible after that two server) without losing all the progress on the characters? 

I don't want to go beyond WotLK because it changes to much in the wow universe. But if it is not possible i better make a two server before i get to play alot ;)

Thanks in advance

Lenwe606

6 answers to this question

Well the main issue is, its not like upgrading an expansion. Mangos zero one two ect are all independent builds. The only way would be to transfer the accounts characters ect from zero to one. But that itself has inherit issues, Item ID's sometimes change between old and new expansions depending on what items were added. So Realistically you could get your characters and accounts over to the new build but I wouldn't count on keeping any of the items the characters have from the previous build.

It is in theory possible to move characters between cores, but as Nightrider84 mentioned above, they are a lot of subtle changes in items etc.

This is not to mention that the character data blob for the character attributes would need to be modified to match mangosOne.

You would do worse than take a look at:
https://github.com/mangosone/database/blob/master/Tools/cleanup/characters_convert_s1099_to_11391.sql

Although I would advise taking a full backup of your database before attempting to run it.
- I personally have never run this script, so have no idea whether it still works.

Thanks for the answers, it helped me out a lot.

I think it's better to simply setup a mangos two server, which has the expansion I want to end with (when cataclysm arrived it changed to much). I don't really played on my character (now lvl 8) so i don't lose too much.

I've by cloning the git from mangosTwo and using easybuild, I don't have the option to enable AIplayerBot's. Do I need to do something extra because it's the Two server (with the Zero server i did have the option) or am I forgetting something?

Archived