[GUIDE] Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RHEL Install Guide

Hi, i got the problem with step 4.

After compile want to configure Mangos, but with an error.

code:

root@ubuntu:~/mangos# ../configure --prefix=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS --sysconfdir=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS
-bash: ../configure: No such file or directory

Do you knwo an idea. Can i get an full command for my terminal. (Ubuntu 9.04)

Thank you ahead.

Greetings DoubleC

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't see your reason for editing.

Hi, i got the problem with step 4.

After compile want to configure Mangos, but with an error.

code:

root@ubuntu:~/mangos# ../configure --prefix=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS --sysconfdir=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=/home/tuoutente/MaNGOS
-bash: ../configure: No such file or directory

Do you knwo an idea. Can i get an full command for my terminal. (Ubuntu 9.04)

Thank you ahead.

Greetings DoubleC

You have to be at mangos/objdir to run the command "../configure --prefix=..."

I believe you missed the second part:

mkdir objdir; cd objdir 

well after 10-12 different tutorials, 5 linux reinstalls and a and a fried motherboard (own mistake there) i finally got through the whole install... copying over the last of my vmaps as we speak and hoping this is it lol. had some trouble with mysql at first, think that was fixed after i started fresh... only time will tell though getting ready to boot up as we speak

** edit ** well frowns all around lol seems my dbc folder wasn't quite right, so i'm trying to re-run the ad.exe to see if that helps, but other than that i don't quite know what to do. got to 92% of initializing data stores then ....

Some required *.dbc files (6 from 79) not found or not compatible:
./dbc/ItemExtendCost.dbc (exists but has 16 instead of 15)
.dbc/map.dbc (65 / 118)
.dbc/ScalinStringValues.dbc (24 / 19)
./dbc/spell.dbc (239 / 232)
./dbc/worldmaparea.dbc (11 /10)

will update as i go along

**edit=2**

ok so got the right dbc's, now i'm getting an error in game objects table reads as follows:

Loading gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 39 fields in sql). 

so i'm guessing i have an odd sql library somewhere, gonna try and find it lol

*** edit again***

ok so got the realm and world running now on the linux box (whiped the mangos db from mysql and rebuilt don't know but it fixed it), just can's= login

login server is down ??? time to do some more high powered googling lol

* edit4*getting too tired terminal is all fuzzy like will get some rest and try after work tomorrow

well after 10-12 different tutorials, 5 linux reinstalls and a and a fried motherboard (own mistake there) i finally got through the whole install... copying over the last of my vmaps as we speak and hoping this is it lol. had some trouble with mysql at first, think that was fixed after i started fresh... only time will tell though getting ready to boot up as we speak

Ha! It will be worth the troubles in the end. ;)

Assuming you're trying this out on a headless Ubuntu server, I suggest you install the following packages:

- phpmyadmin: Great remote MySQL administration web frontend. After installation, just go to http://ServerIP/phpmyadmin

- openssh-server: SSH server, so that you can comfortably work from a laptop while watching TV :D

And if you're following this guide to install databases, there are already a few significant updates. Well, I made a note of myself of what I had to do in order to setup updated databases. So, here's a snippet of my notes:

# I'm lazy so...

# export $MANGOS=$HOME/mangos-313

# alias myup='mysql -uroot -pYOUR_DB_PASSWORD'

# Lines starting with '$' are actual commands

# Import 0.11.5 Core from UDB

# Note that empty mangos db is not imported from $MANGOS/sql/mangos.sql, because I once ran into problems with core patches and updatepacks from UDB.

@ $MANGOS/udb/Full_DB/

$ unrar e UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar

$ myup mangos < UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql

# Updating with corepatches and updatepacks

@ $MANGOS/udb/Updates/0.11.5_additions/

$ myup mangos < 380_corepatch_mangos_7682_to_7894.sql

$ myup mangos < 380_updatepack_mangos.sql

$ myup mangos < 381_corepatch_mangos_7895_to_8029.sql

$ myup mangos < 381_updatepack_mangos.sql

$ myup mangos < 382_corepatch_mangos_8030_to_8280.sql

$ myup mangos < 382_updatepack_mangos.sql

# Mangos DB incremental updates (as of 2009-08-02)

@ $MANGOS/

$ myup mangos < mangos/sql/updates/8294_01_mangos_playercreateinfo_action.sql

# ACID DB patch

@ $MANGOS/

$ myup mangos < 3.0.0_acid.sql

# ScriptDev2 DB patch

@ $MANGOS/mangos/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/sql/

$ myup mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql

######## Characters Database Installation (Updates not needed as of this writing)

@ $MANGOS/

$ myup characters < mangos/sql/characters.sql

######## Realmd Database Installation (Updates not needed as of this writing)

@ $MANGOS/

$ myup realmd < mangos/sql/realmd.sql

######## Scriptdev2 Database and Updates

# Create Scriptdev2 database and structure

@ $MANGOS/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/sql/

$ myup < scriptdev2_create_database.sql

$ myup scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql

# Populate Scriptdev2 database with data

@ $MANGOS/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/sql/

$ myup scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

#######################################

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

ok followed your updating db steps, but still getting the "login server is down". that and i don't know what could be the problem there, gonna try down patching my client and see if that helps, but i'm not too sure...

**** EDIT ****

OK so i think i just about got it, only thing is i don't know how to add accounts so i can't test my theory, but using the "PLAYER" account, and copy and pasting from the phpmyadmin realmd accounts page, i have deducted that i have to down-patch my client. (unable to validate game client. checking the AUTH*whatever it was* from mangos going back to 3.09 and try before going up to 3.1.3 so after work i shall see

btw ty for the notes, they helped alot

ok followed your updating db steps, but still getting the "login server is down". that and i don't know what could be the problem there, gonna try down patching my client and see if that helps, but i'm not too sure...

Are you on the same subnet as the server? Most likely it's the values in the "realmlist" table inside "realmd" database. Double check "address" and "port".

Also, make sure username and pw inside mangosd.conf and realmd.conf are what they supposed to be.

yeah lol turns out i was logging in wrong, now to figure out how to set up an account and i'm golden, bot the wrong client version error last night before work, reverted to 3.0 and updated to 3.1.3 today, now i just gotta get an account and it's on like donkey kong lol, but for now i must sleep, then figure out how the encryption works for the database passwords tonight lol.

though i've heard that you can only do it with a website, that just doesn't sound right. gotta be a tool for it somewhere, or maybe i just am missing an option in phpmyadmin

yeah lol turns out i was logging in wrong, now to figure out how to set up an account and i'm golden, bot the wrong client version error last night before work, reverted to 3.0 and updated to 3.1.3 today, now i just gotta get an account and it's on like donkey kong lol, but for now i must sleep, then figure out how the encryption works for the database passwords tonight lol.

though i've heard that you can only do it with a website, that just doesn't sound right. gotta be a tool for it somewhere, or maybe i just am missing an option in phpmyadmin

Not quite sure what you meant by "encryption for the database passwords".

But to set up an account (assuming you're talking about players' accounts with certain gmlevels):

After running mangos-worldd and at the same prompt:

- To create a user account:

account create PLAYER_NAME PASSWORD [ENTER]

account set gmlevel PLAYER_NAME # [ENTER] 

where # is 3 for Admin.

lol assuming on my part that the sha sums were encrypted in phpadmin lol,

but woo loogged in for the first time today and it feels great :)

thanks for all your help :)

Usernames and passwords are hashed using sha1sum in the form of 'USERNAME:PASSWORD'. So, for an account with a username "jondoe" with a password "jdpass":

$ echo -n 'JONDOE:JDPASS' | sha1sum
e7f59ba4ba2ad383e27d0f31e589d9e7c70211f2  -

Note that all letters are transformed into uppercases then hashed.

I got a problem in the compiling phase, in the middle of the make install process, I get a long list of errors, and then it stops, saying nothing. I have followed the whole tutorial so far, no errors what so ever in any of the previous steps, the only different thing I did than the tutorial was to update with the newest patch that I got from the svn.

Any help appreciated.

I got a problem in the compiling phase, in the middle of the make install process, I get a long list of errors, and then it stops, saying nothing. I have followed the whole tutorial so far, no errors what so ever in any of the previous steps, the only different thing I did than the tutorial was to update with the newest patch that I got from the svn.

Any help appreciated.

You sure it's not at make process rather than make install?

Anyway, did you get any error output when you applied the patch from the svn? I'm assuming you meant Step 3. Lately, I always do "git apply" instead of "git am", since the later usually spits out errors.

You sure it's not at make process rather than make install?

Anyway, did you get any error output when you applied the patch from the svn? I'm assuming you meant Step 3. Lately, I always do "git apply" instead of "git am", since the later usually spits out errors.

I tried both, same outcome. No problems in applying the patch, the problem comes after having configured it, and then coming to compiling.

Hi, well i try to compile myself but get this error... Im using Ubuntu 9.04

../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:268: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:275: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:278: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:288: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:295: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:366: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(bool&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:163: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:163: error: expected `;' before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint8&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:169: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:169: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint16&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:175: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:175: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint32&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:181: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:181: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint64&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:187: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:187: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int8&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:194: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:194: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int16&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:200: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:200: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int32&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:206: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:206: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int64&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:212: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:212: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(float&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:218: error: expected primary-expression before ‘float’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:218: error: expected `;' before ‘float’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(double&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:224: error: expected primary-expression before ‘double’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:224: error: expected `;' before ‘double’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(std::string&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:233: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:233: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘uint8 ByteBuffer::operator[](size_t) const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:243: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::Print_storage() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:433: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::textlike() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:444: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::hexlike() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:463: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:465: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:469: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:475: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:481: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:489: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:497: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:499: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:503: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
make[5]: *** [AuthCrypt.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

why :(?

Hi, well i try to compile myself but get this error... Im using Ubuntu 9.04

../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:268: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:275: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:278: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope ‘class ByteBuffer’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:288: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:295: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:366: error: too many template-parameter-lists
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(bool&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:163: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:163: error: expected `;' before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint8&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:169: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:169: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint16&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:175: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:175: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint32&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:181: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:181: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(uint64&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:187: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:187: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int8&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:194: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:194: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int16&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:200: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:200: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int32&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:206: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:206: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(int64&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:212: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:212: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(float&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:218: error: expected primary-expression before ‘float’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:218: error: expected `;' before ‘float’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(double&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:224: error: expected primary-expression before ‘double’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:224: error: expected `;' before ‘double’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘ByteBuffer& ByteBuffer::operator>>(std::string&)’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:233: error: expected primary-expression before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:233: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘char’
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘uint8 ByteBuffer::operator[](size_t) const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:243: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::Print_storage() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:433: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::textlike() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:444: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h: In member function ‘void ByteBuffer::hexlike() const’:
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:463: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:465: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:469: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:475: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:481: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:489: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:497: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:499: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:503: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
make[5]: *** [AuthCrypt.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src/shared'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/damian/mangos/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

why :(?

Linux: Ubuntu 9.04

Mangos: [8382]

I am confirming error compile

make[5]: Wejście do katalogu `/home/fisherman/mangos/obj/src/shared/Auth'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../src/shared/Auth -I../../..  -I/usr/include/mysql -I../../../../dep/ACE_wrappers -I../../../dep/ACE_wrappers  -I../../../src/shared -I../../../../src/shared/Auth -I../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../../dep/include -I../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../framework -I../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared -I../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../../dep/include/g3dlite   -DDO_MYSQL -g -O2 -MT AuthCrypt.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/AuthCrypt.Tpo -c -o AuthCrypt.o ../../../../src/shared/Auth/AuthCrypt.cpp
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:268: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope 'class ByteBuffer'
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:269: error: template-id 'read_skip<char*>' for 'void read_skip()' does not match any template declaration
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:269: error: invalid function declaration
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:275: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope 'class ByteBuffer'
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:276: error: template-id 'read_skip<const char*>' for 'void read_skip()' does not match any template declaration
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:276: error: invalid function declaration
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:278: error: explicit specialization in non-namespace scope 'class ByteBuffer'
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:279: error: template-id 'read_skip<std::string>' for 'void read_skip()' does not match any template declaration
../../../../src/shared/Auth/../../shared/ByteBuffer.h:279: error: invalid function declaration
make[5]: *** [AuthCrypt.o] Błąd 1

Confirming kouens error message with rev 8415.

My os: ubuntu 9.04 server 64bit

UPDATE: After installing pkg-config the error vanished.

Yes. Make sure you guys have the package, pkg-config, installed. The package name may vary on other distributions though. This requirement has been added per the following commit by VladimirMangos:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/f3a5a93eb32a0184758cbbe7b0af67e078ed95ee

Yes. Make sure you guys have the package, pkg-config, installed. The package name may vary on other distributions though. This requirement has been added per the following commit by VladimirMangos:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/f3a5a93eb32a0184758cbbe7b0af67e078ed95ee

I use Ubuntu 9.04 32bit and also have this problem, and a pkg-config was installed:confused:

I also have pkg-config installed and still geting the same error!!!!

Alright guys. I will recompile it from fresh with newest versions, and see if I can come up with the errors you guys are encountering. Give me a couple of hours. As soon as I have results, I will update this post.

----- EDIT:

Just tested. It compiled successfully.

This was tested on Ubuntu Server 9.04 X86_64. (mangos-r8429 / sd2-r1373)

The following are the packages I've installed:

build-essential git-core subversion automake libtool zlibc libmysql++-dev libssl-dev unrar pkg-config

Try a fresh download of sources (i.e. Mangos and SD2) and compile please. I've ran into weird problems in the past, because I just ran the updates on the sources.

Let me know how it goes.

Now i got this :(

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::SetRand(int)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:74: undefined reference to `BN_rand'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::ModExp(BigNumber const&, BigNumber const&)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:145: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_new'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:146: undefined reference to `BN_mod_exp'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:147: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_free'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::Exp(BigNumber const&)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:133: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_new'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:134: undefined reference to `BN_exp'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:135: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_free'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::operator%=(BigNumber const&)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:121: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_new'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:122: undefined reference to `BN_div'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:123: undefined reference to `BN_CTX_free'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::operator-=(BigNumber const&)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:91: undefined reference to `BN_sub'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(BigNumber.o): In function `BigNumber::operator+=(BigNumber const&)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/BigNumber.cpp:85: undefined reference to `BN_add'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `Sha1Hash::Finalize()':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:64: undefined reference to `SHA1_Final'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `Sha1Hash::UpdateData(unsigned char const*, int)':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:34: undefined reference to `SHA1_Update'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:34: undefined reference to `SHA1_Update'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `Sha1Hash::Initialize

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:59: undefined reference to `SHA1_Init'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `~Sha1Hash':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:29: undefined reference to `SHA1_Init'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:29: undefined reference to `SHA1_Init'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `Sha1Hash':

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:24: undefined reference to `SHA1_Init'

/home/alex/Desktop/mangos/objdir/src/shared/Auth/../../../../src/shared/Auth/Sha1.cpp:24: undefined reference to `SHA1_Init'

../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a(Sha1.o): In function `Sha1Hash::UpdateData(unsigned char const*, int

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Now i got this :(

Could it be that your ssl version is incompatible (possibly a bit outdated?) with mangos? Just guessing here. I see that you're using Ubuntu 8.10.

I'd suggest that you try either compiling openssl from source (I've never tried though), or you could test the newer Ubuntu 9.04 in a VM environment. VirtualBox is the easy way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use