[GUIDE] Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RHEL Install Guide

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in '/home/mangos' and want to create new ordner in it (mangos [/home/mangos/mangos])... after the error the dir /home/mangos/mangos exist but nothing in it...

Hmm... This is odd. Have you tried deleting the mangos folder and tried again? I'm just thinking if the hidden folder .git inside mangos is corrupted and preventing from downloading the source.

i don't suppose someone could clarify step 8?

I have all the files etc, but arn't .exe and .bat windows files? anyway, they cant/wont run, and i can't see any other files that would execute

Step 8 - Datafiles

Download the datatools, I got these from the contrib folder in the MaNGOS source.

Place these files in your w*w folder and run "ad.exe" and "makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat". This will take a LONG time, when its done you will have 4 new folders.

Your going to upload, "maps", "dbc", and "vmaps", place these in the "bin" folder You can do this with Filezilla, it supports SFTP, you can upload the files without the need to install an FTP server.

Side-note: i had to remove all capitals in scriptdev2 for it to install. i have no idea how the author got it to work with capitals...

Edit: found another guide which helped me. 'ad.exe' gets info from your install of the actual game and needs to be in that directory

Hello.

At step 6 I get the following error when using this command:

sudo mysql -pmypass < ScriptDev2/sql/ScriptDev2_create_database.sql

I get this error:

bash: ScriptDev2/sql/ScriptDev2_create_database.sql: No such file or directory

I skipped the patching of ScriptDev2 originally because it failed. Can someone tell me what to do please? :)

Same problem here too...

Same problem here too...

It is scriptdev2_create_database.sql

's' and 'd' are not capitalized. It just takes a visit to the directory to find it out. ;)

Edit: I am just wondering if the OP has forgotten to follow this thread to fix the errors... :(

It is scriptdev2_create_database.sql

's' and 'd' are not capitalized. It just takes a visit to the directory to find it out. ;)

I think i already tried that, but ok, i will again and i'll report back after.

After:

So, no similar files there. I think because the patch failed (no such file).

I already checked the dir and there are two different patch there (7842 and 8095), the question is do i need both?

At the guide's World database section he correct command to get a valid acid with udb is the following:

~# wget [url]https://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar[/url] [url]https://sd2-acid.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sd2-acid/trunk/wotlk/3.0.0/3.0.0_acid.sql;unrar[/url] e UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar;

I think i already tried that, but ok, i will again and i'll report back after.

After:

So, no similar files there. I think because the patch failed (no such file).

I already checked the dir and there are two different patch there (7842 and 8095), the question is do i need both?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the following error:

Anyhow... Atleast for mangos revision 8147, I was only successful in applying MaNGOS-8095-ScriptDev2.patch:

~/mangos$ git apply src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-8095-ScriptDev2.patch 

There was some sort of an error when I tried to apply MaNGOS-7842-ScriptDev2.patch.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the following error:

That was the original error that made me post here :)

Already found the cause and moved on.

Hmm... This is odd. Have you tried deleting the mangos folder and tried again? I'm just thinking if the hidden folder .git inside mangos is corrupted and preventing from downloading the source.

sure... many times

still same prob....

Hi,

I get this error when i running ./mangos-worldd, the compile process work fine for me, i dont have problems with all the steps but when i try to start the mangos i have this error?:

Loading MaNGOS strings...

[**************************************************] 100%

>> Loaded 645 MaNGOS strings from table mangos_string

Initialize data stores...

[****************************************** ] 84%

Some required *.dbc files (13 from 79) not found or not compatible:

./dbc/AreaTable.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 36) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Achievement.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 62) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 16) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 19) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Item.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 8) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/ItemExtendedCost.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 15) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/MailTemplate.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/SoundEntries.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 30) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 232) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/TaxiPathNode.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 11) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Vehicle.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 40) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/VehicleSeat.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 58) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/WorldMapOverlay.dbc (exist, but have 0 fields instead 17) Wrong client version DBC file?

*Im using the ad.exe with the mangos source.

I think its a problem with my wow client version but my wow client version is wotlk 3.1.3 and i think the mangos is for this version too.

Can one help me with this? I work for more than 10 hours to take it running but now im stop on this step.

Thanks and sory for my bad english.

sure... many times

still same prob....

I'm sorry Bick. I'm getting out of ideas here. Try downloading other small projects from github and see if successful.

You might also want to try out a few from gitorious just to see if it's github specific:

git clone git://gitorious.org/bluez/mainline.git

Hi,

I see the faq #20 and #21 and its show me how can i see the version of my mangos build but my mangos build is for version:

// we need to stick to 1 version or half of the stuff will work for someone

// others will not and opposite

// will only support WoW, WoW:TBC and WoW:WotLK 3.1.3 client build 9947...

And my client version is:

Version 3.1.3 (9947) (Release) May 26 2009

Its the same version but the dbc files dont work for me, i extract the dbc files from other computer i have but its dont work too.

Can we have other things to help me with this? Or have the dbc files for wotlk version 3.1.3 (9947) working ziped for download?

*I Think my clients game have problem but its working fine when i play the game and its very big to full download. If my dbc files is having problem i have to take error when i play the game or not?

Sorry my bad bad english.

My includes dbc, maps and vmaps, its in the bin folder of mangos. i think buildings is not necessary but i dont delete it. Need it?

I'm not sure if the folder "buildings" is necessary, I just have it in there.

My "dbc" folder has 233 items and totalling 77.1 MB. My best guess is either your ad.exe, the client or both are at incompatible versions. But then you've tried for over 10 hrs, so all silly mistakes must have been avoided by now.

Need more input from others here. :)

/home/ramon/mangos# svn co https://ScriptDev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ScriptDev2/ src/bindings/ScriptDev2/

svn: Could not open the requested SVN filesystem

Any help? :)

--------------

FeRkEl's solution seems to work.

The correct address is:

[url]https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scriptdev2/[/url] 

Previously discussed many times in this thread. It is still not fixed yet in the OP.

I thought apt-get was an alias of aptitude; either way, they use the same software sources and I've never had any problems using apt-get. Also, aptitude is definitely installed out-of-the-box in 9.04 and I'm pretty sure it's been there since I first used Ubuntu (6.06).

Also worth noting:

There is no need to download winrar to unrar UDB. Ubuntu comes with an "unrar" command. Again, I'm pretty sure this has been the case since 6.06.

Also, as has been mentioned, you should really use && rather than semi-colon, if putting things on the same line at all. I tend only to put things like "mkdir o && cd o" and "make && make install" on the same line.

Hi, and thanks for the tuto. Very usefull about SQL ^^'

I m newbie on it.

I ve just to feedback somethings :

git am didnt work, but git-am resolve the error.

unrar can be install by apt-get. Edit the sources.list is needed for add the non-free.

The advantage : the upgrade.

For people having troubles with DBC, it can be downloaded from web...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use