[GUIDE] Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RHEL Install Guide

Here goes the next problem while executing make:

libtool: link: g++ -DDO_MYSQL -g -O2 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic /usr/lib/ -o .libs/mangos-realmd AuthSocket.o Main.o RealmList.o  -L/root/mangos/objdir/dep/src/sockets -L/opt/mangos/lib ../../dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/.libs/libACE.so -lrt -ldl -L/usr/lib/mysql /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lz ../shared/Database/libmangosdatabase.a ../shared/Config/libmangosconfig.a ../shared/Auth/libmangosauth.a ../shared/libmangosshared.a ../framework/libmangosframework.a ../../dep/src/sockets/libmangossockets.a -lpthread -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/mangos/lib
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/: No such file: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [mangos-realmd] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/mangos/objdir/src/realmd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mangos/objdir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mangos/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks in advance

Did you install build-essentials, i.e. sudo apt-get install build-essentials

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay xD the directory listings are re-done but now I get this error:

./mangos-realmd: error while loading shared libraries: libACE-5.6.6.so: cannot open shared object file

is there anyway to... make it so they use shared object files?

when I do my list, the files it's talking about look weird...

mangos.jpg

okay xD the directory listings are re-done but now I get this error:

./mangos-realmd: error while loading shared libraries: libACE-5.6.6.so: cannot open shared object file

is there anyway to... make it so they use shared object files?

Maybe it's not it, but I see your libACE.so is red. In mine, it's a symlink to libACE-5.6.6.so, and red typically denotes that the link is broken. It may be the cause, but also it may be nothing. Here's my lib folder:

jellyb@momserv:~/momd313/r8526/lib$ ll
total 5.6M
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jellyb jellyb 2.3M 2009-09-22 00:30 libACE-5.6.6.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jellyb jellyb  970 2009-09-22 00:30 libACE.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jellyb jellyb   15 2009-09-22 00:30 libACE.so -> libACE-5.6.6.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jellyb jellyb 1007 2009-09-22 00:30 libmangosscript.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jellyb jellyb   24 2009-09-22 00:30 libmangosscript.so -> libmangosscript.so.0.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jellyb jellyb   24 2009-09-22 00:30 libmangosscript.so.0 -> libmangosscript.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jellyb jellyb 3.4M 2009-09-22 00:30 libmangosscript.so.0.0.0

Yeah I've not been successful to install on either system. Every method is exactly followed but resulted by errors which seem to literally never be able to be fixed, even when you start over.

I had to install a fresh Ubuntu because mine kept saying openssl wasn't installed when it was, even when I reinstalled it and restarted several times. The new install always gives me some

autoreconf: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required

error.

Then the guide for Mac must need to be updated because it doesn't even teach you how to get the install-sh file which I had to find myself, then to only receive another error about cannot access a file even when you sudo the command. Then chmod that to 777 you get all these massive new compile errors which look completely unfix-able.

Edit:

http://getmangos.eu/wiki/Compile_MaNGOS_On_Mac_OS_X -- followed that guide.

autoreconf: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required

Is due to you not being in the proper directory when you run the autoreconf command.

On the OS X note, that's strange because it complies fine for me with extra mac patches or any install files.

The reason why it fails the OpenSSL check is because you have an old revision (If you check the git logs, they had to rollback some files, and i think there was an error with the ACE library, not 100% sure). I just ran the whole process from start to finish on an 8.04 Ubuntu Server install (VPS since its convenient), and it worked fine.

Here is the bash log of me getting everything and running the ./configure successfully.

http://bphelpsen.pastebin.com/f2bbdcdcd

@yip328 Thanks :) It's nice to be back. This time I come with C++ knowledge.

Alright cool, I cleaned up the files and folders created by the "autoreconf --install --force" and reran the script on another installation of Ubuntu, this time 8.10 instead of 9.10 and it's gone through fine and compiling now.

Also, in mangos-0.12 does the ScriptDev2 patch need to be applied because not only does it not work, it seems to not even have that information in the Makefile.am to patch by hand...

For OS X, are you on Snow Leopard?

Yes, they have development still on 0.12 (mostly keeping it synced). I applied the SD2 patch by hand so it knows to compile with SD2. Unfortunately it's not detecting the Makefile or something (even though it is there). I keep getting the error when configuring:

config.status: creating src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist

config.status: creating src/bindings/Makefile

.infig.status: error: cannot find input file: src/bindings/ScriptDev2/Makefile

Okay, I got almost all the way done. I started mangos.realmd and no problems. But when I started mangos.worldd it does some stuff that looks like it is working then it ends with this:

Check existing of map file 'opt/mangos/data/maps/0004331.map': not exist!

Correct *.map files not found in path 'opt/mangos/data/maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in 'opt/mangos/data/vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

In the mangosd.conf file I have the DataDir = "opt/mangos/data/"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Now I get these:

Some required *.dbc files (6 from 80) not found or not compatible:

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/ItemExtendedCost.dbc (exist, but have 15 fields instead 16) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 118 fields instead 65) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/MapDifficulty.dbc

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/ScalingStatValues.dbc (exist, but have 19 fields instead 24) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 232 fields instead 239) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/WorldMapArea.dbc (exist, but have 10 fields instead 11) Wrong client version DBC file?

I am guessing I used the wrong version of something.

Any ideas or any help would be great.

Thanks,

Joseph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use