[GUIDE] Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RHEL Install Guide

Is it possible to compile a x64 core on a x86 system?

And how i can do it?

I believe you can. I think the process is to install all the 64 bit libraries and then use the appropriate compile flags, something like -m64. But search around the internet first because I don't know if the 64bit libs would over write the 32bit ones.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange trouble. Bg's doors doesn't open.

On Win it works as well, but on linux it doesn't.

My OS: CentOS 5.4 x86_64

I does compilation on my CentOS and puts it on a server machine (it on CentOS 5.*)

Is it server machine's problem or a problem somewhere in my system?

Take me some ideas, please.

added

The problem was in gameobject_battleground!

hmmm seem to missed something i guess....

got the following error while startin world-daemon:

Some required *.dbc files (4 from 81) not found or not compatible:

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 31 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Faction.dbc (exist, but have 57 fields instead 53) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 66 fields instead 65) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 240 fields instead 239) Wrong client version DBC file?

Mangos v9095

Client and dbc/maps v3.3.0.11159

hmmm seem to missed something i guess....

got the following error while startin world-daemon:

Some required *.dbc files (4 from 81) not found or not compatible:

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 31 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Faction.dbc (exist, but have 57 fields instead 53) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 66 fields instead 65) Wrong client version DBC file?

/opt/mangos/data/dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 240 fields instead 239) Wrong client version DBC file?

Mangos v9095

Client and dbc/maps v3.3.0.11159

That's because MaNGOS currently supports 3.2.2a (10505).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question..

How do i make the core use configs in a different dir instead of the same default one..

And, how do i use screens because the link for that video doesn't work so i don't understand how to make it run in a back ground session. Nor do i know how to make it auto restart..

I have a question..

How do i make the core use configs in a different dir instead of the same default one..

And, how do i use screens because the link for that video doesn't work so i don't understand how to make it run in a back ground session. Nor do i know how to make it auto restart..

To use screen command use that:

screen - to start the screen maybe when you are in /opt/mangos/bin,

after that use command to start process:

./mangos-realmd

when load successfully - CTRL + A after that hit D

For ./mangos-worldd use the same scheme :P

If you wish to see what happen just type - screen -list and you will see all screens with unique numbers.Choose one and type screen -r WHATEVERISHERE and you are 6+ ;) to close use exit in the terminal :)

Good luck!

../../../src/game/Player.cpp: In member function ‘void Player::_ApplyItemBonuses(const ItemPrototype*, uint8, bool, bool)’:

../../../src/game/Player.cpp:6785: error: ‘ITEM_MOD_FERAL_ATTACK_POWER’ was not declared in this scope

../../../src/game/Player.cpp: In member function ‘void Player::ApplyEnchantment(Item*, EnchantmentSlot, bool, bool, bool)’:

../../../src/game/Player.cpp:12127: error: ‘ITEM_MOD_FERAL_ATTACK_POWER’ was not declared in this scope

make[3]: *** [Player.o] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/maxo/mangos/objdir/src/game'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/maxo/mangos/objdir/src'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maxo/mangos/objdir'

make: *** [all] Error 2

server:/home/maxo/mangos/objdir#

last rev on debian X 64

• 2 weeks later...
It says "required_8840_01_mangos_spell_proc_event" which is the highest available in the updates directory, So I guess that no updates are needed...?

Which requires 8726, which requires 8723, which requires, 8720 ....

Thanks for your help :)

I am having the same problem except that in my sql/updates folder it starts at 9136_#_... How do I get the past sql updates?

Got a small problem :

vps-100****-***1:/home/wowserver/mangos/mangos# autoreconf --install --force;mkdir objdir;cd objdir;

/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT

/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'

/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

Any idea what it is?

My System : Linux ( debian 5)

• 2 weeks later...

Update your WGETs:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl0.9.8_0.9.8m-2_i386.deb

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/openssl_0.9.8m-2_i386.deb

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl-dev_0.9.8m-2_i386.deb

"0.9.8k-5" is no longer there (not sure where to get "archived" versions of said packages... or how to wget with a wildcard for absolutely latest version).

I also added the third package, as it also removed errors I got on aptitude update/upgrades FOLLOWING your "All-in-One" code (I got the third one from another guide somewhere). Without the libssl-dev, I kept getting "dependancy not found" errors. Adding it fixed that perplexing problem for me.

Only question I have is how do you git a certain revision of Mangos core? "git $SOURCE $PATH $REV" doesn't work for me, or maybe I just have something wrong.

And I've also had "git am" fail on me recently in the script I'm building. On the prompt it works, but not in the script. Makes me sad lol.

Otherwise, thanks for the how-to. Much appreciated. Great starting point :)

the archive UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.rar is expired, please if somebody can upload it again i will be gratefull.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use