How Many Players

Guest henhouse

I know of at least 3 excelent packages for windows that do just that (in fact, with windows Vista and later, a trafic monitoring tool is included in your task manager: go to the performance tab and hit 'Resource Monitor'), none for linux though. Top should give you some information I think?

From experience I'd say that with 150 ~ 250 users we use about 2Mbps on average - but peak requirement is a bit higher than that, so for your needs it should suffice but if you get more users you might want to invest in a bit more bandwidth. I would advice 1Mbit / 100 users + 1Mbit overhead as general rule of thumb.

I know of at least 3 excelent packages for windows that do just that (in fact, with windows Vista and later, a trafic monitoring tool is included in your task manager: go to the performance tab and hit 'Resource Monitor'), none for linux though. Top should give you some information I think?

From experience I'd say that with 150 ~ 250 users we use about 2Mbps on average - but peak requirement is a bit higher than that, so for your needs it should suffice but if you get more users you might want to invest in a bit more bandwidth. I would advice 1Mbit / 100 users + 1Mbit overhead as general rule of thumb.

Unfortunately, 2Mbit Upload is the highest I can get from an ISP. The only other ISP capable of doing higher is Verizon Wireless's Fiber Optic FiOS which isn't available here.

Unfortunately, 2Mbit Upload is the highest I can get from an ISP. The only other ISP capable of doing higher is Verizon Wireless's Fiber Optic FiOS which isn't available here.

Then your only other choice is to pay for dedicated server hosting, which can be quite expensive especially in the US.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use