µManager for Mangos

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

davigtt has assisted me in testing a pt-BR translation and it has been successful. The only thing converted was CreateAccount.aspx, so I'll need to go through the rest of the application and convert it to allow for multiple language support, but if you're interested in translating to a different language, let me know.

I've uploaded a preliminary document for configuring µManager on IIS7 (Vista/Server 2008). You can find it with the Planned 0.7.7 release at:

http://micromanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=24818

I'm hoping to come up with instructions for IIS6 as well.

Note that most of the instructions apply to the current 0.7.5 release, but there are a few new features in SVN that are not in 0.7.5.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, multi-realm support is here. It has a downside, though. You have to drop your configuration table :(

There are two new SQL files you need to import, 2009-03-28_configuration.sql and 2009-03-28_globalconfiguration.sql. The first SQL file will delete your current configuration table in the micromanager database. Make note of your Terms of Service, Message of the Day, etc. before running the scripts.

This revision will allow you to manage multiple realms. Much of the previous information held in configuration has been moved to globalconfiguration, where as the realm-specific information is held in the configuration table.

You'll note that there are two new options in Setup.aspx. One dropdown list near the top to select the realm you want to modify, and the second at the bottom that sets the default realm which Default.aspx and other pages work off of.

Check out SVN rev 23653!

Also thanks to Klar20, we have a German translation (de-DE, to be specific)! I'm hoping more translators will jump on as it is pretty cool to see :) If you note any glaring holes for the translations, please let me know...I may have forgotten to Localize it (one hole I'm aware of is the Menu, which has not been localized).

Rev 23869 includes a new feature that allows you to require that users specify valid email addresses in order to create accounts. If enabled via Setup.aspx, micromanager will create the accounts as locked. The user will receive an email with a unique link to unlock their account. They will not be able to log into micromanager or the MaNGOS server until they unlock their account.

While this won't prevent people from creating accounts period, it will prevent them from using invalid email addresses with their account.

• 3 weeks later...

Program is great, got it working last night: But (Hate that word dont you?)

Few requests:

1) Ability to add links to forums in menu

2) When signing up for a new account a message that states account created and verification email sent? (editied of course)

3) Search item / char databases?

4) Filter for online / offline / both on char & account screens?

I know it is a work in progress still, so some of this may already be in the works. Thanks for a great program thus far!

1) Sure. I want to redo the way the menu is generated, but you could edit the Menu.xml file in the App_Data folder. You'll have to edit the entry for each gmlevel (that is what I'm looking to change).

2) Sure, that should be easy (you just want a confirmation window when someone hits Create?).

3) That is kind of a low priority, honestly. Though I could wip up a gridview fairly quickly...it just wouldn't be very polished.

4) I think that should be fairly easy to implement

very cool, will update later tonight to take a look at it.

I am capable of doing alot of these mods as well, however I feel it is your project and just trying to point out a few "wishes" I think others would enjoy as well.

So far I like it alot, would like a little more ability to reply to tickets, edit database props and so on, but like I said I realize this is a work in progress still.

• 1 month later...

First of all, Nice work rilex!!!

Secondly, I love the color scheme you've got.

Now then, I've previously had this system working smoothly. I've been away from MaNGOS for a while now, but I've started anew with a fresh slate. I've got the source, and compiled the site (Non Express)

This is what I've done in the way of configuring it to work:

• * Set the ASP.NET service to automatic and started it
    * Edited the Web.config connection strings
    * Given the NetworkService all the necessery permissions
    * Updated to .NET 3.5

But when I try to login or create an account it just simply loads infinitely and does not actually load the page. The password reset page works, as well as the copyright, but nothing else.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks again for this wonderful project.

Thanks for the quick reply (as usual).

I will check that out, but i have also noticed that SetupSQL.vb has a loop in it? maybe... There seemed to be an infinite amount of mysql exeptions. Just thought i might point this out, although its probably my imagination, or there for a good reason.

Thanks again.

----Edit----

Five minutes and one quick query later, all is well and working like a fine tuned machine. The user didn't have the permissions on the micromanager DB... (feels like a child...)

P.S. I love the idea of ingame mailing ability. If and when that is accessible are you going to keep the same mailing options? (Except for banned of course)

Yeah, it is pretty easy to say if Ingame = true, don't include banned as an option. Just something I haven't explored yet (I don't use in game mail much myself). There is also the issue of ingame mail not working well with, IIRC, characters that are logged in.

Yeah, it is pretty easy to say if Ingame = true, don't include banned as an option. Just something I haven't explored yet (I don't use in game mail much myself). There is also the issue of ingame mail not working well with, IIRC, characters that are logged in.

Couldn't you just... going off a guess haven't really looked into it, use a SQL query to send the mail? You could probably even add a slot for items / gold... like..

Delare the variables for the subject, body, and recipient.(EDIT: and attachment) Then make a string as a Query builder, and then, insert the query into the table...? I''lll look into it.

----;'`-- Edit--`';

---/ New Issue. \\

--(___Times___)

The only part i am having trouble on is the sent time and the expire time, as mangos uses some different string of numbers to represent dates...?

other than that, you could build a form that acts as a query builder to insert into Item_Text, Mail, and Mail_item(?), tables, since they are all in the characters db, it shouldn't be too hard, should it?

MaNGOS uses UNIX time for the date, something which we already deal with (in order to do anything time-dependent, like bans).

It is more of just getting around to implementing it and validating that it works correctly, showing/hiding the correct controls. Shouldn't be hard :)

MaNGOS uses UNIX time for the date, something which we already deal with (in order to do anything time-dependent, like bans).

It is more of just getting around to implementing it and validating that it works correctly, showing/hiding the correct controls. Shouldn't be hard :)

Yeah, asked in the general section, and Davemm linked an explanation to me... Learning the way you made this site tick, taking some time.^_^

--- Hope i can actually get a ingame mail thing working... even if you get one made... would make me feel better about my VB / SQL skillz

If you need the queries, you can always look at the MiniManager source. gen_lib.php has the information for the in-game mail.

However, it also has a note that you should only use in-game mail when the server is offline. So you'll want to put a check to make sure that in-game mail is only selectable when the server is offline (specifically, mangosd -- realmd should be ok to be up and running).

If you take a look at SendMail.aspx.vb, you'll see how controls are hidden/shown based on user selections. Also check the SendMail.aspx controls to see if AutoPostback = true or false. It is important to get that right.

Changeset 25077 has given the administrator the ability to change other account's GM Level, Password, and Email addresses. Only gm level 5s can change the gm level. This is currently hard coded pending work to prevent lower level gms from bumping up accounts to a higher level gm, and prevent modifications to gm level 5s.

If you need the queries, you can always look at the MiniManager source. gen_lib.php has the information for the in-game mail.

However, it also has a note that you should only use in-game mail when the server is offline. So you'll want to put a check to make sure that in-game mail is only selectable when the server is offline (specifically, mangosd -- realmd should be ok to be up and running).

right.

Hmmm, haven't heard that, Will definitely look at the miniManager script, but I didn't know about having Mangosd offline first... why does it have to be down, wouldn't it be the same thing as adding a sql in the mail table? I've done that for all acct's multiple times, and it has worked, of course it only shows up when after they re-log...

select SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS characters.guid, characters.account, mail.id, messagetype, sender, " & _

"receiver, subject, itemtextid, has_items, expire_time, " & _

"deliver_time, money, cod, checked, item_text.id, item_text.text AS Body, " & _

"(select name from " & characterDB & " where characters.guid=mail.sender) as MailFrom, " & _

"(select name from " & characterDB & " where characters.guid=mail.receiver) as MailTo " & _

"FROM Mail LEFT JOIN item_text ON mail.itemtextid = item_text.id " & _

"INNER JOIN characters ON receiver = characters.guid WHERE characters.account = '" & playerID & "' " & _

"ORDER BY mail.id DESC;

Found your post on the Minimanager forums :P

More work on Account.aspx in rev 25108. This provides the following:

Users who can manage accounts (declared by the GM Level in Setup.aspx) can do the following:

They can manage the password, email, GM Level, and client type of users who have a GM Level that is less than their GM Level. They can also promote users to GM levels to one less than their current level (e.g. a Gamemaster (level 2) can only promote a user to Moderator (level 1)). Users of the same GM Level cannot change each others accounts (e.g. a GM Level 3 cannot change an account that is also at GM Level 3). This also goes for GM Levels higher than your account. However, you can still modify your own account, including demoting yourself to a lower GM Level.

I think the next step will be to declare a "master" GM via Setup.aspx. What I'd like to do is specify an account that can change any other account, even other SysOps.

Started modifications on Accounts.aspx today. First line of business was converting it from a Repeater to a GridView (easier to support in the long run, less complex code). Support semi-native paging and sorting. Sorting is enabled on the following fields:

ID, Username, GM Level, Join Date, Failed Logins, Locked, Last Login, # Characters, Online.

This is in rev 25229.

I will be adding arrows for what sort direction the field has on it in the next couple of commits. I'm too tired to start that now :)