µManager for Mangos

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49664 is now compatible with MaNGOS 9630 and higher. Only issue that I'm aware of is that none of the stats (STR, AGL, etc.) are available without calculating it manually -- I haven't done any work to move forward with that. Note that you need to set your MaNGOS version to 9630 or higher in Setup.aspx then restart the Application Pool in IIS for the new queries for 9630 or higher to take effect. Please let me know if any of the queries don't work properly.

49951 is now compatible with MaNGOS rev 9680 and higher. This change adds the ability to pull from the character_stats table. In order to save character stats to this table, you must first add the following lines to your mangos.conf:

PlayerSave.Stats.MinLevel = 1

PlayerSave.Stats.SaveOnlyOnLogout = 1

The default for PlayerSave.Stats.MinLevel is set to 0 by default which means the stats are not saved. Note that any character that has not been saved to the table will have "0" for the stats.

50330 is now using a Visual Studio 2010 project, however it is still at .NET 3.5 SP1 (need to read some more about .NET 4 before upgrading the project).

50331 effectively disables Ingame Mail and Player Mail from functioning. Need to do this until I figure out how to display items properly with mail given the changes in 9692.

50330 is now using a Visual Studio 2010 project, however it is still at .NET 3.5 SP1 (need to read some more about .NET 4 before upgrading the project).

50331 effectively disables Ingame Mail and Player Mail from functioning. Need to do this until I figure out how to display items properly with mail given the changes in 9692.

Nice to see that this project is still alive! Basically left my server high and dry, to fend for itself, until someone found out how to contact me about the lack of functionality on my website... Just so happens that I've been updating MaNGOS and completely forgetting about µManager... Nothing else to say except keep up the good work!

I've been slowwwwwly working on it. Not a lot of time/motivation, but I want to keep things alive -- at the very least, to keep compatibility with current revs of MaNGOS there. I haven't played in ages, but I find the coding aspect much more fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest that everyone upgrade to µManager revision 51704 or higher. This revision completes the removal of Session.Item("foo") where it matters.

In certain situations, the Session object may be lost while the user's authentication ticket was still valid. This lead to ... weirdness. So, instead of using the user's Session state to store user objects, we're using the MembershipUser class that contains the same information we need already (User ID, GM Level, etc.).

• 3 months later...

Yes, I killed it.

A) Didn't want it associated with other projects I'm working on.

B) After the whole WoWScape thing (yes even though it was a default judgment, etc. and so forth), I thought it would be best if the project were taken down.

C) I hadn't worked on it in at least a month.

D) Beyond translations (and thanks to all those who did them!), I wasn't getting any true assistance with the project. While the project isn't /huge/, it was certainly could have benefited from someone who knew VB.NET better than I do/did. I consider myself a perpetual amateur developer.

E) The project wasn't hugely popular anyways with no real use (at least public facing use :))

I helped a bit on that. I haven't had the chance to do any recent web dev'ing recently. After you switched to the new .net platform is where I stopped at. I haven't worked on it since nor have I worked on my personal web project (grocery cost tracking). I think I got a little side tracked learning C++ a bit on the server and on pseuwow. It's a bad habit of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

MaNGOLin used to use JTATelnet to handle remote access, but i have now replaced it with my own simpler and smaller code as JTATelnet was overkill although it is a very nice piece of code.

The java source code is all available over at http://www.caledoniacomputers.com under the GPL2 license, of the top of my head the specific file that contains the remote access stuff is called mangostelnet.java.

Cheers

Bannor