µManager for Mangos

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, a couple days late, but 25395 now has a sort arrow on the Accounts gridview. Sort arrow only appears after you sort a column, it does not appear on page load.

Now, hopefully with that one out of the way, I can move onto the other Repeater tables and convert them to gridviews... :)

Build 25431 now supports patch level 3.1.3 (MaNGOS 0.14.0). You must import 2009-06-10_offset_313.sql in the Setup\\Updates\\Global_Updates\\ folder to your microManager database. After importing, you can use the Setup page to change your patch level over to 3.1.3.

If you notice any incorrect data with a 3.1.3 server, please let me know!

Build 25524 now supports deleting multiple acounts via Accounts.aspx. There are checkboxes along the right hand side. Check the accounts you want to delete, then hit Delete Accounts. The checkbox will not be visible for accounts that have a GM level equal to, or greater than your own. For example, a gm level 3 cannot delete other gm level 3, 4, or 5 accounts. A gm level 5 account can delete all accounts except for gm level 5.

This has the nice side effect from preventing you from deleting your own account accidentially :)

Rev 25616 fixes the character level on Guild.aspx. It was previously usinga hard-coded value.

This revision also contains the first of the layout changes to Character.aspx. I did not like the slots being laid out so far apart from each other, so this condenses all of the elements more towards the middle. It also compresses the player values in the middle. That part still needs work... but all of the appropriate information is still there.

Also, the Talents tab was removed, since it still requires a lot of work.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for it rilex, i have already downloaded VS 2008, and already compiled it, it is amasing.

Just one thing, it usualy takes that long to reload the webpage? to load the Default.aspx, from when i hit the F5 button to when it completely reloads, take 15 Secs (With a cronometer)

If you recycle the Application Pool or make any changes to the /bin and/or web.config, yes, because the .NET Framework has to reload.

However, if you just have the site up there on a web server and run it without making changes to /bin or web.config, and the app pool hasn't recycled since you last used it, it is very quick.

Also make sure your SQL connections are set up properly.

EDIT: If you create an account at the demo site (http://micromanager.nauplius.net - requires a valid email address to activate your acct), you'll see that Default.aspx loads very quickly with F5, though I've never timed it :)

EDIT2: Also make sure your IPs and ports are correct in Tools -> Setup for your realmd/mangos server information.

I just create it, and yes, it is fine. The IP's are set correcly because i'm able to see the people online (146 atm)

And also, i'm unable to see the accounts, and here is the error that appear in the error log.

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) at SQLCommands.SQLCmd.GetAccounts() in C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\manager\\App_Code\\SQLCode.vb:line 1051 at _Accounts.LoadAccounts() in C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\manager\\Users\\Accounts.aspx.vb:line 44

Please go to Tools -> ErrorLog. That same error should be logged (against Accounts.aspx) but can you provide the "Message" section?

EDIT: With 146 characters, that might be the reason it is taking 15 seconds. The query ran to populate that gridview is:

SELECT characters.guid,characters.`name`,characters.race,characters.class,characters.zone,characters.map, 
           CAST( SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', " & charDataOffset("CHAR_DATA_OFFSET_HONOR_POINTS") + 1 & "), ' ', -1) AS UNSIGNED) AS highest_rank,
           MID(LPAD(HEX(CAST( SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', " & charDataOffset("CHAR_DATA_OFFSET_GENDER") + 1 & "), ' ', -1) AS UNSIGNED)),8,'0'),4,1) AS gender, 
           online,CAST( SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(`data`, ' ', " & charDataOffset("CHAR_DATA_OFFSET_LEVEL") + 1 & "), ' ', -1) AS UNSIGNED) AS `level`, 
           guild_member.guildid, guild.name AS Guild FROM(guild_member) RIGHT JOIN characters on characters.guid = guild_member.guid 
           LEFT JOIN guild ON guild_member.guildid = guild.guildid WHERE characters.online = 1"

Obviously the above code has some of the VB.NET elements in it, but basically you're seeing 7 queries in the above query (one query per "charDataOffset" function to select the version you're running (2.4.3, 3.0.3, 3.1.3) and then another query for the "CHAR_DATA_OFFSET_*" value).

28593 resolves the performance issue for Accounts.aspx by dropping the "# Characters" column. Hopefully the MaNGOS team is willing to add an index on realmcharacters.acctid, because I really find that column useful.

It also helps, but does not 100% resolve the performance with Online Characters gridview on Default.aspx.

Still working on Characters.aspx performance.

It is pretty easy. Load up the project in Visual Studio. Next, in Solution Explorer, expand the App_GlobalResources. You'll see a couple files in there ending in resx. For your language, you would just copy Resource.resx a to Resource.lang-locale.resx file. Resource.resx is the base (en-US) file. You must use the same key (the keys are in the column named "Name"), then the Value is in your language.

What language are you looking to translate to?

Also, if you want to do this, you'll need to create an account at codeplex.com and let me know what it is so I can add you as a dev to the project.

Great! I've added you to the project. We use the TFS Client. Let me know if you need help locating it. FYI here are the LCIDs for Chinese:

Chinese - China

zh-cn

Chinese - Hong Kong SAR

zh-hk

Chinese - Macau SAR

zh-mo

Chinese - Singapore

zh-sg

Chinese - Taiwan

zh-tw

So, for example, copy Resource.resx to Resource.zh-cn.resx. Obviously if you're using a different culture, use that LCID (a full listing of LCIDs can be found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0h88fahh(VS.85).aspx). You can test the culture in IE by going to Internet Options, then on the first tab, clicking Languages. Set one of the above cultures, if not already set, as your primary culture and the site will automatically pick up on that culture. Any text that you do not change, or say I add a new key to Resource.resx, will be displayed in en-US.

Let me know if you need any other help.