µManager for Mangos

rogermangos, can you try changeset 34332 to see if it resolves the below issue?

Yes, Please, I followed exact sql order as instructed above, I 'm able to get login screen, but when try to login i got this

2w20thu.jpg

Please sort out code version respect to sql version like udb did. Jumping here and there apply sql is really a pain in ass.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the user account is a PC admin and has all priviledges on the whole path (I even checked the files individually) . Yes I'm running the web server from the same machine mangos runs, launching μmanager in localhost.

I might have asked already, but what OS are you using? FYI setup instructions for IIS6 and 7 are here:

http://micromanager.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=24818

I don't have instructions for IIS5 or 7.5, but 7.5 should be identical to 7.

Would be nice, but I'd want it to update dynamically as it is done on the console. Someone could even take it as far as filtering for example battle messages from area updates/battleground resets etc to have an even better overview of what's going on. Another great feature would be a simple search function in both items list and game objects :) I could give you a hand with the SQLs if you want (ok I'll stop asking for more features now hehe).

Great program though

Search is coming, it needs to be done, just have to implement it. :) Understood about the console, but it would have be an RA session.

If you want to provide SQL queries for searching, feel free :)

Ingame mail is extremely risky so it isn't implemented. When it is implemented, it will only function while the realm is offline.

The only functionality requiring MaNGOS to be run as a Windows Service is the Tools -> Service Control page.

That's weird, Most of the function of the site works ok with some minor defects. It might be my own fault, when I try save setup, looks like no effect.

Realm online status not displayed as shown in photo below. and the level of characters is displayed wrongly also.

t9tyl4.jpg

I have checked log of site, do you think the defects are anything to do with those errors?

34e6pub.jpg

If you haven't played with MySQL permissions and the password you used is correct in the web.config, then root should have full control.

Open up the micromanager database with SQLyog or what ever you use. Look at the 'configuration' table. Are there any values there? How about the 'globalconfiguration' table? In the 'globalconfiguration' table, there should be some default values (e.g. ID = 1, DefaultRealmID = 1...).

If you haven't played with MySQL permissions and the password you used is correct in the web.config, then root should have full control.

Open up the micromanager database with SQLyog or what ever you use. Look at the 'configuration' table. Are there any values there? How about the 'globalconfiguration' table? In the 'globalconfiguration' table, there should be some default values (e.g. ID = 1, DefaultRealmID = 1...).

This is my configuration table by default, I havent played it manually yet, Do i have to ?

97uohx.jpg

for globalconfiguration, I noticed that my db field are "null", are i suppose to change it manually??

2ylocbc.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b694w2.jpg

All of that looks correct (the NULLs are there because either they aren't used in MM yet, or you have filled in the fields). I'm not quite sure why it is failing, at this point. Can you attempt to save your settings and then check the Error Log for me again? Fill in all of the fields in Setup (even if they're dummy values).

All of that looks correct (the NULLs are there because either they aren't used in MM yet, or you have filled in the fields). I'm not quite sure why it is failing, at this point. Can you attempt to save your settings and then check the Error Log for me again? Fill in all of the fields in Setup (even if they're dummy values).

Here you are. Keyed in and tried to save all settings in Setup, and below is the log.

14294yd.jpg

By the way, I have my site on external ip now, you may want register an a/c and try it. it might help.

rilex: Using Win 7 RC. I had consulted the instructions but no help for my probs there :P I might provide some simple search queries when i get some time (do you happen to have the mangos database schema? That would make it this much easier for me :P )

By the way, greek translation is done! File: http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0e257d/n/Resource_el_rar

Some notes:

-Found an error in the actual english string (missing 'send' I guess :P):

<data name="GenerateRandomPassword" xml:space="preserve">

<value>Generate a random password and it to the account's email address...</value>

-A suggestion:

<data name="UnlockedNotFound" xml:space="preserve">

Your account cannot be found. Please contact the site administrator or you have not created one.</value>

Please contact the site administrator if you haven't created one.

Use this instead: Your account cannot be found. If you have created one, please contact the site administrator

-Translation notes: We use ; instead of ? in Greek, so not sure if that could cause problems in the code (don't think so)

-Left attributes and other game mechanics to their original english names, should be easier for the users plus there is no WoW translated in Greek

-Translation made with editplus, not sure if you need it saved in UTF-8 but if it's needed I can do it ;)

Bump for an update. Patch 3.2.2a is now supported! I've posted 0.82-dev for those that do not want to compile their own. This release includes a full version of the micromanager database.

For those using a previous revision, changeset 34444 supports 3.2.2a. Note that this release includes a full version of the micromanager database or you can simply apply 2009-10-06_offset_322.sql to your existing micromanager database. For those who imported the micromanager database from 34247, please note that the database was misnamed in my MySQL dump. It was dumped as "micromanager_en-US". It should just be named "micromanager", so please make sure to rename your database in MySQL.

Once you've installed the new version or have imported the offset_322 table, go to Tools -> Setup and change the Client Patch Level to 3.2.2a and you should be all set!

34444 also makes a minor correction to CharacterReputation.aspx and changes CharacterQuests.aspx to a ListView.

• 2 weeks later...

Big update in 35691.

Implemented a Mangos Role/Member provider.

Implemented a SiteMap (at the root of the site) to hold the menu system. The site map is also localized so you can have localized menu items now!

Implemented ASP.NET authorization elements. You'll find a web.config in /Database, /MyAccount, /Tools, and /Users with location elements indicating what roles can access the page. Adjust as desired. Roles are implemented by NAME not by numeral.

Each page has a new authentication mechnism. Pages that require the user be authenticated check for valid authentication at Page_Load.

Due to the numerous changes in the web.config at the root of the web app, I'd recommend comparing values or simply copying your connection strings out of your existing web.config into this new one (connection string elements have not changed).

Added a remote terminal feature in 36816. To use it:

A) Install the Adobe Flash Policy Server located in Setup\\AdobeFlashPolicyServer (requires .NET 2.0).

B) Edit the address= line in Tools\\settings.xml appropriately.

C) As a SysOp in MicroManager, go to Tools -> Remote Terminal. A new window will pop up. Click on Connect.

Note that characters that you type in will not be echo'ed back to you. So enter the following:

USER USERNAME <enter>

PASS password <enter>

That should bring you to a mangos> prompt.

37346 has the changes necessary to support Rev 8728 or higher (where the account.online column was renamed). You must set your MaNGOS verison properly in microManager otherwise improper results will be returned and account creations will fail. You can set the version under Tools -> MaNGOS Configuration or Tools -> Setup.

• 2 weeks later...

In 38762 I've added a new option under the Tools menu named Process Remoting. This allows you to remotely start/stop Mangosd and Realmd for those who do not run Mangos as a Windows Service. First, import 2009-11-08_globalconfiguration.sql in the Setup\\Updates folder. Next, go to Tools -> Setup and set the options for the path to Realmd/Mangosd (must end in a "\\"!) and the name of the executables. Example values have been inserted into the database.

Next, go to Tools -> Process Remoting. This will tell you if the processes are runnning as well as give you the ability to start/stop them. Note that the status may not update right after you start or stop a process; you may have to select Tools -> Process Remoting again.

• 3 weeks later...

As of 40589, the news slider on Default.aspx is driven by a news table. Import 2009-11-29_news.sql. Go to Tools -> News as Administrator or SysOp to import headlines/body/URI/image. Note supported formats are jpg, jpeg, jpe, png, and gif. Images are scaled to 425x240px (up or down) -- so I recommend you start off with 420x240 in the first place. Deletion of news items is not supported, yet, so in the mean time delete news items in the news table by using Sqlyog or something similar.

EDIT: Please use commit 40590 instead.

• 1 month later...