[SOLVED][THREE] Can't connect client (windows7) to server (debian6)

retikulatus

Question

Dear community,

Before posting this topic, i tried to ggogle it with no proper answers, as i didn't find an answer here as well , i hope somebody will help me in that matter:

my mangos three server is compiled and launch without problems; i updated all the databases.

i use a static IP (192.168.1.30 here) on debian ethernet (eth0) and it works fine (i connect and see it in my provider's box, and i have internet access as well), i installed samba, to be able to see my debian computer in the windows 7 computers network and it works fine too).

i changed the IP in realmlist in the realmd database (192.168.1.30). i am not sure if it is required but i open the 3306, 3724,8085 TCP port in my box and i changed the reamlist.wtf client file and set realmlist 192.168.1.30

Of course, i created an account which i set gm level btw (3)

infortunatly, after running the server (flawlessly) i launch the client and type the login and password respectively in the battlenet account name and password but i get the following message : unable to connect; please try it later. if the problem persists etc... i tried several clients enGB, enUS etc with no success.

So what did i do wrong or which step did i miss?

If i didn't see a similar topic already posted, please, fell free to redirect me on the appropriate one. In other way, i would be grateful if somebody could assist me in that matter.

I have surprisely done all the compiling and the game assets extraction quite fast but i spent around 2 weeks to figure out how to make the client connect to the server with no luck :D

thank you in advance

kind regards

9 answers to this question

Dear community,

Before posting this topic, i tried to ggogle it with no proper answers, as i didn't find an answer here as well , i hope somebody will help me in that matter:

my mangos three server is compiled and launch without problems; i updated all the databases.

i use a static IP (192.168.1.30 here) on debian ethernet (eth0) and it works fine (i connect and see it in my provider's box, and i have internet access as well), i installed samba, to be able to see my debian computer in the windows 7 computers network and it works fine too).

i changed the IP in realmlist in the realmd database (192.168.1.30). i am not sure if it is required but i open the 3306, 3724,8085 TCP port in my box and i changed the reamlist.wtf client file and set realmlist 192.168.1.30

Of course, i created an account which i set gm level btw (3)

infortunatly, after running the server (flawlessly) i launch the client and type the login and password respectively in the battlenet account name and password but i get the following message : unable to connect; please try it later. if the problem persists etc... i tried several clients enGB, enUS etc with no success.

So what did i do wrong or which step did i miss?

If i didn't see a similar topic already posted, please, fell free to redirect me on the appropriate one. In other way, i would be grateful if somebody could assist me in that matter.

I have surprisely done all the compiling and the game assets extraction quite fast but i spent around 2 weeks to figure out how to make the client connect to the server with no luck :D

thank you in advance

kind regards

This looks like to be a network problem for sure.. Are you sure you opened the ports correctly on your box and router? Sometimes, if you don't list it to accept connections, it will refuse all incoming connections.

If you haven't got it to work, feel free to message me.

Good Luck.

Hello again;

First of all i would like to thank you all for your reply!:)

@bels

I am such an idiot; i thought when we launch mangosd ; it launches realmd as well; shame ; shame on me ! I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

after launching mangosd and realmd; it works ; i was able to create a character! thank you!

@TheLuda

i didn't have to modify the BinIP; it works anyway but thank you for the advice too.

@Antz

when i create a character; the client "says" that i don't have the extentions (Burning crusade; Wotlk, cataclysm) so i can't create characters from these add-ons.

Does anybody have a clue about it? i suppose i have to modify something on the mangosd.conf ; but i didn't find anything i think i can modify properly; OR is it because i didn't patch the wow.exe ?

Again thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

when i create a character; the client "says" that i don't have the extentions (Burning crusade; Wotlk, cataclysm) so i can't create characters from these add-ons.

Does anybody have a clue about it? i suppose i have to modify something on the mangosd.conf ; but i didn't find anything i think i can modify properly; OR is it because i didn't patch the wow.exe ?

Hmm, very strange, I don't have this issue. Check the expansion field in your accounts table, and make sure it's set to 2, or whatever expansion your using.

I don't remember patching the wow.exe before to make the game work.. Anyways, try that and see what it does.

Ok, I'll try and answer bit by bit...

The realm Database, open the accounts table and check the field 'expansion', this needs to be set to 3 for Cata

0 = classsic, 1 = tbc, 2 = wotlk, 3 = cata

try that, restart the server and see what happens

Wow.exe will need to be patched for you to be able to play.

Archived