[ALL] Health system overhaul

antz

TC (among others) have realised that the min_health / max_health fields in the db are in fact a load of rubbish and should be based on modifier values pulled from the dbc files.

For example:

From MangosWiki....

minhealth - The minimum health of the creature if the creature has variable health.

maxhealth - The maximum health of the creature if the creature has a variable health. When added to world, the health value is chosen in proportion to the level chosen.

From TC...

Health_mod - Used to modify the base Level/Class health of a creature. This field comes from WDB.

Mana_mod - Used to modify the base Level/Class mana of a creature. This field comes from WDB.

This seems a much cleaner way to go, especially considering the sheer number of errors in the current Three DB (over 45,000 entries with health value errors).

Thoughts ?

My understanding is that they use an additional dbc containing multiplier values, then have another table in the db of lvl / offset values.

- The combination of these replaces the hardcoded values in the db.

In the absence of anyone looking into this, I have been hunting through the TC commit logs trying to locate the change

- At over 600 commit page to look over, gonna take some time.

But I think this should be a fairly simple change to make and makes the game a lot more blizz like instantly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Antz, I saw that last night. I rebuilt the server from a fresh clone and cloned the database fresh. I then dropped my entire world database, recreated it, and installed it. I then ran all of the 20004_* patches and Cairne still has 3331hp. I did not bother checking everybody else yet. So from my end, it appears the low HP is still around. Again, I completely dropped my world DB and recreated/imported it from a fresh clone, so it is up-to-date as of about twelve hours ago.

Max, I cloned the repos fresh Friday. Built the very latest Zero server. I then dropped my entire world DB and recreated it, imported it, and updated it. The issue still exists. It exists for Chucksta also, as he is investigating it. I do not play on Covenant (I recall insane latency, is it in the EU?) but you could easily enable GM, go to Kazzak, and check his health to verify whether or not it works. You could also go to any city leader like Thrall or Cairne.

Chucksta has discovered that the code which sets the HP for normal mobs does NOT set the HP for elites. Maybe the problem is within whatever sets that health, if such a thing exists.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have time to investigate this? I believe the healthpoints for elites in Mangos One Dev21 are still way too low.

Or if someone can confirm this problem doesnt exist for the Mangos Two build, I would upgrade the server to Two.

Thanks,

Archived