~/server/contrib/extractor doesn't exist

dcrookston

Question

Hi, I'm installing on a Debian server, and while following the instructions to extract game assets (as found on this page: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/Installation%20Guides/General/Extracting-Game-Assets.md ) I've come to the following step:

Then compile "ad":

cd ~/server/contrib/extractor
cmake .
make

Well, the ~server/contrib/extractor directory doesn't exist. Here are the contents of the ~server/contrib directory:

mangos@raskol:~/server/contrib$ ls
cleanupTools  convertConditions  dbcEditer  dbcformat  mysql_to_pgsql  soap

I ran a `locate extractor` and got the following directories:

/home/mangos/bin/tools/map-extractor
/home/mangos/bin/tools/vmap-extractor
/home/mangos/server/build/src/tools/map-extractor
/home/mangos/server/build/src/tools/vmap-extractor
/home/mangos/server/src/tools/map-extractor
/home/mangos/server/src/tools/vmap-extractor

Note that the actual results given by locate included everything in each of those directories, plus some which were in /home/mangos/server/win/, but I removed them to make it easier to read.

Is one of those the correct directory, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Compiled on Linux (CentOS7)

I used the develop21 (git clone --recursive h t t p ://github.com/mangoszero/server.git -b develop21 ) branch and after completing instructions to compile, found the following files:

mangos/zero/bin/tools/

ExtractResources.sh make_vmaps.bat map-extractor mmap_excluded.txt movemap-generator MoveMapGen.sh offmesh.txt README.txt vmap-extractor

-- I copied these over to a windows machine to be able to grab the maps (where I have WoW installed) - and get the following when running ExtractResources.sh via cygwin:

./MoveMapGen.sh: line 172: ./movemap-generator: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error ...

`file movemap-generator` output:

movemap-generator: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID ..... etc

Running the file on a windows 7 64bit install. Is there a specific way I should have compiled the source file so as to enable running the ExtractResources.sh script to completion?

OK: Ended up just copying my World of Warcraft install onto a USB and moving it to the linux box - then ran the ExtractResources.sh and its working just fine. Lesson: Gotta use the machine you compiled on to do the extracting. :)

Archived